Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/158-commercial-content)
-   -   Jacko's Forex House of Pleasure and Pain (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/27286-jackos-forex-house-of-pleasure-and-pain)

Quickdraw Oct 28, 2017 11:34pm | Post# 13101

Wayne Jackson back in FB 2016.....
genghistar,

I don't understand your post. What do you mean "Wayne Jackson back in FB 2016"?

Quickdraw Oct 28, 2017 11:43pm | Post# 13102

I'm still unsure whether or not if Jacko was actually a top-notched trader. I have to admit I didn't read the hundreds of pages of this thread. Did he provide specific evidence of his trading skills... such as did he post specific trades on this thread that were consistent winners? Or did he just post good trading advice and say he was a successful trader?

I guess I am just trying to figure out why people spent big money to join his trading group. Did they see any actual evidence he was a good trader or did they just see he gave good trading advice and they assumed that he was a successful trader?

hanover Nov 3, 2017 12:34pm | Post# 13103

I'm still unsure whether or not if Jacko was actually a top-notched trader.
I don't know. There are a lot of traders who are successful for a few months, some possibly for years, but then their strategies, which are geared to prosper in a certain market type (e.g. trending, ranging, volatile, flat, etc), lose their edge when the market changes its color. I can't prove that the 9 members I listed were Jacko aliases, but they all disappeared in the 12 months leading up to Jacko's sting.

My policy has always been to take whatever info is on offer and test it thoroughly to see if/when/how it works profitably for me. It's only rarely nowadays that I spend money on education, and I would never engage a money manager that I hadn't met personally, and also met some very high standards of due diligence. I've been burned before, hopefully I'm a little wiser now.

Kleva Nov 4, 2017 9:21pm | Post# 13104

[quote=hanover;10458281]{quote} I don't know. There are a lot of traders who are successful for a few months, some possibly for years, but then their strategies, which are geared to prosper in a certain market type (e.g. trending, ranging, volatile, flat, etc), lose their edge when the market changes its color. I can't prove that the 9 members I listed were Jacko aliases, but they all disappeared in the 12 months leading up to Jacko's sting. My policy has always been to take whatever info is on offer and test it thoroughly to see if/when/how it works profitably for me. It's only rarely nowadays that I spend money on education, and I would never engage a money manager that I hadn't met personally, and also met some very high standards of due diligence. I've been burned before, hopefully I'm a little wiser now. [/quo

hanover , i have an ea project for u , howmuch will u code it? just two page two systems

hanover Nov 6, 2017 12:10am | Post# 13105

i have an ea project for u , howmuch will u code it? just two page two systems
Sorry, unable to help. See 'MT4 programming' here for some possible alternatives.

Fred-IV Jan 11, 2019 3:53am | Post# 13106

It is worth repeating as a warning to all beginning traders.

Read the first page of this thread and then the last three.

"I'm still unsure whether or not if Jacko was actually a top-notched trader. I have to admit I didn't read the hundreds of pages of this thread. Did he provide specific evidence of his trading skills... such as did he post specific trades on this thread that were consistent winners? Or did he just post good trading advice and say he was a successful trader?

I guess I am just trying to figure out why people spent big money to join his trading group. Did they see any actual evidence he was a good trader or did they just see he gave good trading advice and they assumed that he was a successful trader?"

redoktober Jan 11, 2019 8:44am | Post# 13107

It is worth repeating as a warning to all beginning traders. Read the first page of this thread and then the last three. "I'm still unsure whether or not if Jacko was actually a top-notched trader. I have to admit I didn't read the hundreds of pages of this thread. Did he provide specific evidence of his trading skills... such as did he post specific trades on this thread that were consistent winners? Or did he just post good trading advice and say he was a successful trader? I guess I am just trying to figure out why people spent big money to join...

Fred , you did well to remember Jacko's scam . NEVER FORGET.
This sad story reminds me a lot the Fractal's story. We'll see , time will tell.
In the meantime, it is useful to read some posts like these :

" I was also one of the scammed for 20k GBP .A very expensive lesson in due diligence.

Jacko was banned because he stole 1000's of dollars from FF members. It seems as if the whole story was a scam to lure in traders and get their money.

There is a guy who lost $100k to jacko-ass.

Those who were scammed, should get together and write a book base on this real life story. So at least you may get some money back.
Jacko had planned his coup from as early as 2 years prior to his disappearance. The post immediately after (#13000) makes the valid point that he was collecting subscription fees all along, while planning his final sting.

Jacko had taken all precautions not to be traced back to where he actually was: google mail accounts, no common chatroom on his site which would have allowed for a true discussion between his "turtles", a company registered in HK under a different name to receive the money, his mobile itself was Singapourean.

The only money to be made in Forex is by cheating and scamming.

He could not even trade the method he blew up . The strategy is crap he should of scaled in.He could not even trade the method he blew up .Jacko is a crook and should be in jail.

The biggest fraud on FF .More was stolen than you will ever make in your account.

Dear Jacko Followers/Cheated :
I was among those who lost $700 to Wayne "Jacko" Jackson for the mentoring course and access to his blog. I certainly have not gotten a penny of it back.Whether Jacko scammed everyone intentionally or had a heart attack and disappeared is something I will never know. But I have a hunch that either
Mrs. Jacko got a new purse or Jacko treated himself to a few bottles of blue label on my hard earned pips.
Not really FF's fault. If people are willing to hand over money to someone they have never met and who is not registered then they must be pretty dumb.
Having said that I feel pretty sorry for anyone who was ripped off. I hear one guy on FF lost $70K . "

NEVER FORGET.

© Forex Factory