Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/49-trading-journals)
-   -   THV 4 system with SAH; My Trading Journal (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/263782-thv-4-system-with-sah-my-trading-journal)

neild1971 Nov 4, 2010 4:40am | Post# 21

Thanks! Do you switch to higher TF tab before 1m entry to check possible support/resistance?
Or you just watch 1m TF with THV and SAH?
Thanks.
Hi Badass I never stray away from 1M TF, I used to but for some reason my results are better when I stay focused on the 1M and the indicators, I do also use the indicator in the top right had corner but have never really mentioned it because it isn't part of the THV system. That one is my good luck indicator. I will do a screen shot for you now then post it, just look at the top right hand corner.

neild1971 Nov 4, 2010 4:53am | Post# 22

1 Attachment(s)
Alright I just missed out on 23 pips. This was because my Capital protection kicked in, maybe I shouldn't use capital protection. My 2 pip advance trailing stop at 90% maybe enough, but then again 80% of my trades go backwards before they get to the TP, and are stopped by my capital protection or advanced trailing stop. So I guess its like the old saying says 'you are damned if you do and damned if you don't'. Anyway not happy I didn't get those 23 pips that the ATR setup as my TP. Here is the trade I am talking about, it was a bad enty point in regards to the THV rules, but the indicators and the one in the top right hand corner were just screaming at me to do it.
Name:  3chart.GIF
Views: 4862
Size:  23 KB

Badass_UA Nov 4, 2010 5:59am | Post# 23

Looks like 20 minutes later there was another "good looking" setup.
How do you manage to monitor 4 pairs at the same time?
Do you use some sort of alert (like Tread does)?
Or you just look at your monitor (monitors) with the open charts?

neild1971 Nov 4, 2010 6:58am | Post# 24

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like 20 minutes later there was another "good looking" setup.
How do you manage to monitor 4 pairs at the same time?
Do you use some sort of alert (like Tread does)?
Or you just look at your monitor (monitors) with the open charts?
Hi Badass, I use these settings, that is my only alert.
Name:  tvh.GIF
Views: 4127
Size:  17 KB

neild1971 Nov 4, 2010 9:10am | Post# 25

1 Attachment(s)
I have changed my capital protection setting for Cavemanager 1.41, please see below. It is activated now at 8 pips in profit and will take 5 pips profit if it falls back to 5 pips.
Name:  cm.GIF
Views: 4150
Size:  9 KB

neild1971 Nov 4, 2010 9:34am | Post# 26

Thu 4.11

1 Attachment(s)
So here are my results for today. I also changed the Cavemanager EA settings for Capital protection, hopefully that will increase my profits.
Today I made a profit of 18% you can view the trades below.

------------------------------------------------------

Alright I didnt goto bed and I kept trading after I updated this Journal, but i am going to bed now. I ended up with a 38% win, guess 18% just didn't cut it (Joking I was happy with 18% I just wanted to play and experiment a bit more). the updated results are below, I deleted the old one.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 4.11 no2.GIF
Size: 30 KB

Tread Nov 4, 2010 10:06am | Post# 27

So here are my results for today. I also changed the Cavemanager EA settings for Capital protection, hopefully that will increase my profits.

Neild, have you considered closing 0.02 at your TP and allowing the last 0.01 position to run?

neild1971 Nov 4, 2010 10:26am | Post# 28

Neild, have you considered closing 0.02 at your TP and allowing the last 0.01 position to run?
Hi Tread is that possible using Cavemanager EA using the ATR feature to set your TP

Tread Nov 4, 2010 11:24am | Post# 29

In the case of the ATR calculated for Multiple TP, i do not think it would would. It would only work if your took TP at pre defined levels.

neild1971 Nov 4, 2010 11:38am | Post# 30

In the case of the ATR calculated for Multiple TP, i do not think it would would. It would only work if your took TP at pre defined levels.
Yep will stick to the Cavemanager setting my TP based on the ATR, so far I can't complain about the TP it has been setting.

neild1971 Nov 4, 2010 12:10pm | Post# 31

1 Attachment(s)
Alright so I didn't goto bed and I kept trading, the outcome was a better profit.

In the screenshot below the first circled was a trade which triggered by my new Capital protection setting, the trade went past 8 pips and activated capital protection, the trade then went down and when it hit 5 pips profit it closed the trade as per the new capital protection settings.

The second circle shows a trade about to cross the TP line the cavemanager ea set at 17 pips based on the ATR at the time, you can see the cavemanager busy at work in the top left hand corner.

Now time to go and work out my new profit and goto bed.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 4chart.GIF
Size: 45 KB

mysterio Nov 4, 2010 12:17pm | Post# 32

Amazed at your results Nield, I will follow with interest.

neild1971 Nov 4, 2010 12:41pm | Post# 33

------------------------------------------------------

Alright I didnt goto bed and I kept trading after I updated this Journal, but i am going to bed now. I ended up with a 38% win, guess 18% just didn't cut it (Joking I was happy with 18% I just wanted to play and experiment a bit more). the updated results are below, I deleted the old one.
Thanks Mysterio, if your interested you can see the updated screenshot on page 2. Now I am really going to bed.

goldsurfer Nov 4, 2010 1:04pm | Post# 34

Thanks Mysterio, if your interested you can see the updated screenshot on page 2. Now I am really going to bed.
neild

Not familiar with the Swiss Army at all, did you have a reason to have the 5f trix listed in both the SA and the Trix MTF?

cheers

cigarguy Nov 4, 2010 8:30pm | Post# 35

Neild1971

Thanks for the download on your 1st post but their are not any Templates attached only indies.

Regards and Good Trading,
Cigarguy

neild1971 Nov 4, 2010 10:30pm | Post# 36

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the download on your 1st post but their are not any Templates attached only indies.

Regards and Good Trading,
Cigarguy
Hi Cigarguy, I just checked the zip file the templates are there: Swiss Army/Templates

when you go into the folder with the indicators there is another folder named Templates

neildhttp://cdn.forexfactory.com/images/s...m/thumbsup.gif

Not familiar with the Swiss Army at all, did you have a reason to have the 5f trix listed in both the SA and the Trix MTF?

cheers
Hi gold surfer, thats correct 5f trix is listed in both, 90% of the time they give the same reading. Miss Pips designed both indicators so she would know the answer. I could make a guess but not sure if I would be correct. The SAH could be using the THV 3 trix and the MTF could be using the THV 4 trix. I heard there is a slight time diff, I am not sure if that is correct, like i said Miss Pips would know. I did a screenshot to show you that sometimes they differ.
Name:  sah5.GIF
Views: 1231
Size:  5 KB

Badass_UA Nov 5, 2010 5:35am | Post# 37

Hi gold surfer, thats correct 5f trix is listed in both, 90% of the time they give the same reading. Miss Pips designed both indicators so she would know the answer. I could make a guess but not sure if I would be correct. The SAH could be using the THV 3 trix and the MTF could be using the THV 4 trix. I heard there is a slight time diff, I am not sure if that is correct, like i said Miss Pips would know. I did a screenshot to show you that sometimes they differ.
Hi, Neild!
Regarding SAH: in the latest version you can use trix different "hot" parameter
in different row of SAH (0.7 - V3, 1.2 - V4).

Do you use cavemanager parameter Preceding_TP?
It`s 50 by default and has no use with THV 10-20 pips SL/TP.

neild1971 Nov 5, 2010 5:43am | Post# 38

Hi, Neild!
Regarding SAH: in the latest version you can use trix different "hot" parameter
in different row of SAH (0.7 - V3, 1.2 - V4).

Do you use cavemanager parameter Preceding_TP?
It`s 50 by default and has no use with THV 10-20 pips SL/TP.
Hi Badass thanks for the reply about the SAH and different parameters. I don't use the Preceding_TP parameter on Cavemanager because I am using it to set my TP based on the ATR and most of the time it falls in that range of 10 - 20 pips. Thanks for the answer I am learning alll the time.

neild1971 Nov 5, 2010 6:46am | Post# 39

Just got hammered by the Euro, I then went and did some reading up on it in the EUR/USD thread. I am going to set my SL at 40 pips for the Euro, and the others will stay at 20. I should of bailed out on the trade when I knew I was in trouble, but I thought I could tame the savage beast. The beast won this round, I lost. I also did some reading up on the ATR and have been trying what I learnt on the Euro, just to get some pips back (well its the only currency that I trade that at this point in time has an ATR between 15 - 20).

Tread Nov 5, 2010 6:58am | Post# 40

Got to be wary about trading on BIG BIG news days

http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php

© Forex Factory