Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   THV 4 system with SAH; My Trading Journal (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=263782)

neild1971 Nov 3, 2010 11:58am | Post# 1

THV 4 system with Cavemanager; My Trading Journal

1 Attachment(s)

THV 4 system with Cavemanager and SAH
My Trading Journal

When I first started this journal I used to Scalp on the lower timeframes. I now trade on the higher timeframes and I am testing a theory I have that SAH can also be used on the higher timeframes.

To see my progress I will sometimes post in the THV part of the forum that is located here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...25#post5527825

To download THV4 go here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=127271

To download SAH go here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...40#post5395640

To download the Cavemanager 1.41 EA go here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost...ostcount=18341

Click to Enlarge

Name: pips.JPG
Size: 69 KB

neild1971 Nov 3, 2010 12:15pm | Post# 2

Friday 29/10 results

1 Attachment(s)
So this was my first attempt on Friday using a live account for the first time I picked up a 37% profit for the day. I was setting my own TP, was using Cavemanager 1.41 EA but not using the ATR TP setting.
Click to Enlarge

Name: chart29.10.GIF
Size: 43 KB

Tread Nov 3, 2010 12:20pm | Post# 3

Will be following your progress Neild. Best of luck.

neild1971 Nov 3, 2010 12:26pm | Post# 4

Wed 3/11

1 Attachment(s)
Here are todays results, you will notice the first 3 are losers, I was using the Cavemanager EA to set my SL by using the ATR on a 1 minute chart, won't be doing that again. I will only use the ATR SL feature on the higher timeframes not the M1. The third loss I just closed manually and then set my on SL on the Cavemanager EA. With the 3 losses counted I managed to bag a bit over 30% in profit today.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 3.11.GIF
Size: 30 KB

neild1971 Nov 3, 2010 12:28pm | Post# 5

Will be following your progress Neild. Best of luck.
Thanks Tread I swear your everywhere, this thread is only 10 min old.

neild1971 Nov 3, 2010 12:45pm | Post# 6

What it looks like

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a screenshot of a trade that is just about to hit the TP. You can see in the top left hand corner the cavemanger EA is busy doing its thing. The Advanced trailing stop loss has kicked in after 2 pips so its a no loss trade even if it doesn't hit the TP. On the THV4 info panel on the left hand side you can see the the ATR is 4, the cavemaner EA has used this and set my TP at 5, I just went back and checked the trade it is still going but the TP is now at 6. Even if this trade goes backwards now the capital protection will stop it before the advanced trailing stop does. I am still experimenting with how to use Capital Protection it never closers at 5 pips, maybe somebody can teach me how to use that feature.
Click to Enlarge

Name: setup.GIF
Size: 44 KB

Bl888 Nov 3, 2010 12:58pm | Post# 7

Great one Nield. You may want to link in the indicators you are using and template for the newbys. Im sure you will be asked a million time now

Good luck

neild1971 Nov 3, 2010 1:03pm | Post# 8

off to bed now that above trade just closed, the TP ended up being 6 pips based on the ATR, sometimes it pays to slip that extra trade in before bed time. But shhhh I used the SAH & MTF for my entry, bad me.

neild1971 Nov 3, 2010 1:07pm | Post# 9

Great one Nield. You may want to link in the indicators you are using and template for the newbys. Im sure you will be asked a million time now

Good luck
All of that stuff is in a zip folder in the first post under my screenshot for the cavemanager setting. Oh you must go and download the THV4 in the original thread, because that is not included in the zip file. Off to bed now.

Badass_UA Nov 3, 2010 1:26pm | Post# 10

Nice thread. I will watch it as well. Good luck!
By the way,if you post screenshots it would be good
if you show where your entry/exit was (red/green vertical line, for example).
Thanks anyway!

rohule Nov 3, 2010 5:25pm | Post# 11

Good trades!

Hi!
Good results keep up the good work,
Also if you can post pics of your trades it will be awesome.
I dond like to lose either, i use 6 pips of capital protection (I think 2 pips it's to little) and 9 pips of trail stop with 15 sl with very very good results, I can post some bad and good trades if you allow me to do that.
Have a good one!

neild1971 Nov 3, 2010 11:27pm | Post# 12

Hi!
Good results keep up the good work,
Also if you can post pics of your trades it will be awesome.
I dond like to lose either, i use 6 pips of capital protection (I think 2 pips it's to little) and 9 pips of trail stop with 15 sl with very very good results, I can post some bad and good trades if you allow me to do that.
Have a good one!
Hi rohule, for capital protection I use 5 pips, its the advanced trailng stop that is set at 2 pips and puts the new stop loss at 90% of profit. I do this for those nightmare stories where you will be 4 pips up and everything goes bad so instead of losing the trade it just closes a few cents in profit. If you wish to post your results here rohule thats fine just as long as they are using cavemanager, SAH and THV.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OH I just checked out one of your screenshots in the original THV4 thread it looks good please post, other people's input will make this more informative, we are all here to learn togeather, If it wasn't for THV4 and this forum I wouldn't be trading.

neild1971 Nov 4, 2010 12:20am | Post# 13

1 Attachment(s)
I was asked about my signiture and where I got the stats from, I have attached it below.
Name:  broker.bmp
Views: 1253
Size:  501 KB

arunsideas Nov 4, 2010 12:32am | Post# 14

Good Work Friend

neild1971 Nov 4, 2010 2:52am | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a nice little start to my trading session, hope it keeps up. Ignore the 1st trade that was last night before i went to bed. its the second and third trade which I just put on. One hit the TP that the EA decided the other hit my EA's trailing SL once i wa in 2 pips profit.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can add another trade to that just did an AUS/USD trade it hit my EA's trailing SL once i was in 2 pips profit, 0.06 in profit.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 4.11 no1.GIF
Size: 13 KB

chiba_san Nov 4, 2010 3:03am | Post# 16

what broker do you use? is the spread cost extremely low?

edit: at this point, i'll do anything to make a profit in forex. if an indian man with a cobra snake hissing at me out of his turbin rung my doorbell and sold me a bottle of secret oil and all i had to do was rub the ointment on my toes and fingers to increase my "luck" and sing a michael bolton song prior to each trade, i would do it.

neild1971 Nov 4, 2010 3:22am | Post# 17

Hi Chiba, as you know I am not currently in my home country but I do use a Broker from there. The reason why I picked them was because they are licensed and regulated by ASIC. For a Forex broker to get the OK from ASIC they must be legit. I have never had any problems with them in regards to spreads apart from the USD/CHF I don't like 2.8. If you do a review search on them you get mixed views, but I believe in the saying trust none of what you hear and half of what you see.

http://www.forexfactory.com/brokers.php?broker=1197

neild1971 Nov 4, 2010 3:42am | Post# 18

1 Attachment(s)
Nice thread. I will watch it as well. Good luck!
By the way,if you post screenshots it would be good
if you show where your entry/exit was (red/green vertical line, for example).
Thanks anyway!
Hi Badass, here is a screen shot.

The red line that doesn't go all the way from top to bottom is where I entered the trade, its not a good example of where you should enter.

The red line from top to bottom in my opinion is a good entry point and meets my SAH and MTF rules. I believe it also meets the THV main rules.

This trade hit the TP as decided by the cavemanager EA based on the ATR.
Click to Enlarge

Name: nice trade.GIF
Size: 46 KB

neild1971 Nov 4, 2010 3:44am | Post# 19

edit: at this point, i'll do anything to make a profit in forex. if an indian man with a cobra snake hissing at me out of his turbin rung my doorbell and sold me a bottle of secret oil and all i had to do was rub the ointment on my toes and fingers to increase my "luck" and sing a michael bolton song prior to each trade, i would do it.
Well there is definately a cobra involved in this equation.

I really can't stand michael bolton.

Badass_UA Nov 4, 2010 4:31am | Post# 20

Hi Badass, here is a screen shot.
Thanks! Do you switch to higher TF tab before 1m entry to check possible support/resistance?
Or you just watch 1m TF with THV and SAH?
Thanks.

© Forex Factory