Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Indicator based on different currencies (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=262720)

av2 Nov 22, 2015 7:13pm | Post# 41

{quote} Did you try typing m into the CurrencySuffix setting? {quote} See my previous post (#21).

Hi there, can anyone please help me get the stochastic indicator to work. I have installed the MQL4 file in my experts data folder. However I can not get it to open on any of my charts. My currencies have a suffix of "e", im wondering if this is causing an issue.

I'm computer savvy but i do not have much coding experience. If someone can help me with this i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

redwed Nov 22, 2015 10:47pm | Post# 42

{quote} Hi there, can anyone please help me get the stochastic indicator to work. I have installed the MQL4 file in my experts data folder. However I can not get it to open on any of my charts. My currencies have a suffix of "e", im wondering if this is causing an issue. I'm computer savvy but i do not have much coding experience. If someone can help me with this i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you,
post #32 - Stochastic dashboard gives a compile error. I am not a coder. Can you kindly remove the error. I use MT4. Thanks and Regards
post #33 - use the build 509 compiler: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=470340

hanover Nov 28, 2015 12:02pm | Post# 43

4 Attachment(s)
These latest versions should run OK on MT4 build 600 onward. They are offered 'as is', on a 'take it or leave it' basis, as I haven't tested them and don't have time to troubleshoot any alleged problems. I haven't posted source code source code because it will compile with errors on build 600 onward (as the authors of post #41 and #42 discovered).
Stochastic Dashboard.ex4
EMA Dashboard.ex4
Oscillator Dashboard.ex4
RSI dashboard.ex4

shrips Feb 28, 2016 2:10am | Post# 44

Hi hanover,

Do you have the mq4 file of the RSI Dashboard?

Shrips

redwed Feb 28, 2016 8:01am | Post# 45

These latest versions should run OK on MT4 build 600 onward. They are offered 'as is', on a 'take it or leave it' basis, as I haven't tested them and don't have time to troubleshoot any alleged problems. I haven't posted source code source code because it will compile with errors on build 600 onward (as the authors of post #41 and #42 discovered). {file} {file} {file} {file}
Thank you hanover!

hanover Mar 1, 2016 6:36pm | Post# 46

1 Attachment(s)
Do you have the mq4 file of the RSI Dashboard?
File is attached. However, it was compiled using MQL4 b509 and will probably compile with errors** in b600 onward.

**Please note: I am very sorry, but I'm no longer coding or troubleshooting indicators, unless the indicator or EA is useful to me personally. You could try posting in one of the "I code your indicators for free" threads, and perhaps somebody else can help you. Or if you're willing to pay for the work, you could try MQL or elance.
RSI dashboard.mq4

GalShafat Mar 1, 2016 7:47pm | Post# 47

hi @hanover happy to be here
what do you think on point zero indicators ?

hanover Mar 2, 2016 2:03am | Post# 48

what do you think on point zero indicators ?
If you're referring to this site, I've never used any of his indicators or EAs. Most of my trading nowadays is discretionary: I've yet to discover a commercial EA that's long term profitable, without using either (1) extensive manual intervention, or (2) MM that employs some kind of escalating risk.

Judging by the work displayed on the site, he appears to be a competent programmer. Perhaps you could try some of his free indicators, and judge how well they work for yourself.

GalShafat Mar 2, 2016 8:04am | Post# 49

{quote} If you're referring to this site, I've never used any of his indicators or EAs. Most of my trading nowadays is discretionary: I've yet to discover a commercial EA that's long term profitable, without using either (1) extensive manual intervention, or (2) MM that employs some kind of escalating risk. Judging by the work displayed on the site, he appears to be a competent programmer. Perhaps you could try some of his free indicators, and judge how well they work for yourself.

Tnx for the response
im talking about pz indicators only
i dont use ea's
i have tried some i found on internet, works well
just wondering if the paid one is value for money

SmelikForex Oct 29, 2016 11:16am | Post# 50

Like this? {file}
mq4 error, 106 errors!!!! Help me!?!

hanover Nov 2, 2016 2:08pm | Post# 51

mq4 error, 106 errors!!!! Help me!?!
Delete the obsolete mq4 file and use the ex4 attached to post #43.

SmelikForex Nov 24, 2016 5:13am | Post# 52

A very intersting dashboard ! I want to insert more currencies, and if it's possibile some other markets CFD, stocks. I want to ask if someone could help me with this dashboard ? Thank you
There are many errors in mql4 code!!!

SmelikForex Nov 24, 2016 5:34am | Post# 53

Hi hanover, Do you have the mq4 file of the RSI Dashboard? Shrips
Good, but do you have mq4 code?

pipcapital Oct 15, 2017 6:58am | Post# 54

These latest versions should run OK on MT4 build 600 onward. They are offered 'as is', on a 'take it or leave it' basis, as I haven't tested them and don't have time to troubleshoot any alleged problems. I haven't posted source code source code because it will compile with errors on build 600 onward (as the authors of post #41 and #42 discovered). {file} {file} {file} {file}
These are great - thanks, would it be possible to share the mql file for the EMA dashboard?

hanover Oct 15, 2017 9:03pm | Post# 55

1 Attachment(s)
would it be possible to share the mql file for the EMA dashboard?
The attached MQ4 file was written before the release of build 600 and compiles with many errors, unless you do this first.

Alternatively, delete the MQ4 file and use only the EX4 (which can be downloaded from post #43).
EMA Dashboard np.mq4

symona Nov 20, 2017 11:31am | Post# 56

Hey Hanover, how you doing?
Quick question:
How come when the currency spread is 0, the value of that specific currency on the Stochastics Dashboard disappears?
It reappears when the spread is more than 0

Please let me know...

hanover Nov 21, 2017 10:48pm | Post# 57

2 Attachment(s)
How come when the currency spread is 0, the value of that specific currency on the Stochastics Dashboard disappears? It reappears when the spread is more than 0
I've attached the latest version that I have. As far as I know it works correctly, although I haven't used it in a very long time.Stochastic Dashboard.ex4
NOTE: If you want the .mq4 source to compile/run without errors, you'll need to do this first. Otherwise, download only the .ex4 file.Stochastic Dashboard.mq4

symona Nov 22, 2017 3:34am | Post# 58

Much appreciated David, but the issue is still there.
When the spread on EURUSD or USDJPY is 0 they disappear off the screen.
If you have time look into it...
Cheers

euroswiss Dec 27, 2017 6:14am | Post# 59

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I've attached the latest version that I have. As far as I know it works correctly, although I haven't used it in a very long time.{file} NOTE: If you want the .mq4 source to compile/run without errors, you'll need to do this first. Otherwise, download only the .ex4 file.{file}

Hi Hanover !

I'm using MT4 from Forex.com. I'm using stochastic and I need the dashboard, but it's not working.
I don't understand why, can you please help me, thank you.
The value of stochastic is allways the same.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 12.jpg
Size: 134 KB

hanover Dec 27, 2017 7:14am | Post# 60

1 Attachment(s)
I'm using stochastic and I need the dashboard, but it's not working. I don't understand why, can you please help me
I don't know; it's working correctly on my computer (MT4 build 1090; Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium SP 1). See screenshot:Click to Enlarge

Name: PPI 746.png
Size: 44 KB
Make sure that you're using the EX4 file attached to post #57. Delete the MQ4 file.

In your screenshot, it looks like there's missing data (zero values). You could try running this app to load it. Or you could simply wait for your MT4 to catch up, by slowly downloading the necessary data from your broker's server.

If you want the indicator to update on every price tick, set RefreshPeriod to T, although this may slow your MT4 significantly. If you want it to update at the start of each one minute candle, set RefreshPeriod to M1. Detailed explanation here.

You could try running the indicator on a different broker MT4. That will tell you whether the problem lies with the indicator itself, or with a particular broker's MT4 (e.g. bad or missing price history data).

That's all I can think of.

© Forex Factory