Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Indicator based on different currencies (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=262720)

pasopvirpot Oct 27, 2010 8:36am | Post# 1

Indicator based on different currencies

I have no programming experience on Metatrader but would like to find out if different currencies and timeframes can be combined into a "dashboard" type indicator?

As example, is it possible to create a "dashboard" type indicator that will show the current stochastic level per currency all together in one table?

Something like this in table format:

Daily 4H 1H 15m etc.
AUD/USD 54 40 etc.
EUR/USD 40 30
GBP/USD 18 24
USD/JPY 68 73
etc.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

pasopvirpot Oct 28, 2010 2:17am | Post# 2

Anyone?

hanover Oct 28, 2010 3:33am | Post# 3

Have you tried a search on something like "dashboard" on both FF and also http://www.forex-tsd.com/? There are loads of different MT4 dashboards out there, hopefully one will suit you, or at the very least give you a starting point.

hanover Oct 28, 2010 3:54pm | Post# 4

1 Attachment(s)
Like this?
Stochastic Dashboard.mq4

hanover Oct 28, 2010 4:49pm | Post# 5

2 Attachment(s)
Or maybe this?
Stochastic Dashboard.mq4
Click to Enlarge

Name: stochdash1.gif
Size: 53 KB

ForexTeam Mar 22, 2013 1:14pm | Post# 6

A very intersting dashboard !
I want to insert more currencies, and if it's possibile some other markets CFD, stocks.
I want to ask if someone could help me with this dashboard ?

Thank you

ForexTeam Apr 22, 2013 11:22am | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
Hi !

I want to ask if someone could help me, the dashboard that I download frome here
show me only 7 pairs.
But the screenshot of Hanover shows 24 pairs.
I don't know how to modify the code of this indicator, to insert more currencies.

Or maybe this? {file} {image}
Click to Enlarge

Name: 22.JPG
Size: 32 KB

cyber1 Apr 25, 2013 6:33pm | Post# 8

Hi ! I want to ask if someone could help me, the dashboard that I download frome here show me only 7 pairs. But the screenshot of Hanover shows 24 pairs. I don't know how to modify the code of this indicator, to insert more currencies. {quote} {image}
ForexTeam-
This should be simple.
Comment out the last line, comment next to last and recompile

Inserted Code
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                         Stochastic Dashboard.mq4 |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//#property show_inputs
#property indicator_chart_window

#import "kernel32.dll"
   void OutputDebugStringA(string msg);
#import

//extern string   Currencies            = "AUD,CAD,CHF,EUR,GBP,JPY,NZD,USD,TRY,SGD,DKK,HKD,NOK,SEK,PLN,HUF,CZK,ZAR";
extern string   Currencies            = "AUD,CAD,CHF,EUR,GBP,JPY,NZD,USD";

ForexTeam Apr 27, 2013 10:18am | Post# 9

Hi !

I did it, but it's not working correctly.

{quote} ForexTeam- This should be simple. Comment out the last line, comment next to last and recompile //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Stochastic Dashboard.mq4 | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //#property show_inputs #property indicator_chart_window #import "kernel32.dll" void OutputDebugStringA(string msg); #import //extern string Currencies = "AUD,CAD,CHF,EUR,GBP,JPY,NZD,USD,TRY,SGD,DKK,HKD,NOK,SEK,PLN,HUF,CZK,ZAR"; extern string Currencies = "AUD,CAD,CHF,EUR,GBP,JPY,NZD,USD";...

cyber1 Apr 28, 2013 9:34am | Post# 10

1 Attachment(s)
Hi ! I did it, but it's not working correctly. {quote}
ForexTeam-

I don't know what you mean by its not working correctly.
Works for me.
Click to Enlarge

Name: stochD1.PNG
Size: 85 KB

ForexTeam Apr 28, 2013 3:43pm | Post# 11

Now I thing that I understand why it's not show me all the currencies, but only a few of them.
The curencies format that I'm using are: EURUSDpro, AUDUSDpro etc....
Everything it's ok now.

Thank you
{quote} ForexTeam- I don't know what you mean by its not working correctly. Works for me. {image}

Cobie Oct 3, 2013 3:21pm | Post# 12

Hi, I've just installed this indicator for metatrader4 but nothing highlights in red and green and I'm not to sure how to configure the parameters. I'd like anything over 50 to highlight in green and under in red. I know that's pretty backwards but there's method to my madness!
Could anybody help me please?

hanover Oct 3, 2013 6:20pm | Post# 13

Hi, I've just installed this indicator for metatrader4 but nothing highlights in red and green and I'm not to sure how to configure the parameters. I'd like anything over 50 to highlight in green and under in red. I know that's pretty backwards but there's method to my madness! Could anybody help me please?
Have you tried setting Colors to 100,Red,50,Green,-1 ?

Cobie Oct 4, 2013 2:57pm | Post# 14

1 Attachment(s)
I don't think I have that capability, do you know where in the coding I could set it?
Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 10568
Size:  30 KB

stan3188 Oct 4, 2013 4:37pm | Post# 15

This type of dashboard is what I've been looking for, but just want to show if price is above or below a givem EMA over a selection of timeframes.

I'm no programmer (can cut and paste though), so could someone tell me what I'd need to change to get this working for moving avarage ?

thanks Stan

hanover Oct 5, 2013 3:39pm | Post# 16

4 Attachment(s)
This type of dashboard is what I've been looking for, but just want to show if price is above or below a givem EMA over a selection of timeframes. I'm no programmer (can cut and paste though), so could someone tell me what I'd need to change to get this working for moving avarage ? thanks Stan
Stan,

Try the attached:
--- Download the .mq4 and .ex4 files to your ....(MT4)/experts/indicators folder.
--- Download the .mqh files to your ....(MT4)/experts/include folder (note: the .mq4 file will not compile correctly without these).

The five MAParameters (from left to right, separated by commas) are:
1. MA period
2. MA shift
3. MA method (0=SMA, 1=EMA, 2=smoothed, 3=linear weighted)
[note: the indicator is named 'EMA Dashboard', but you can use it for all of the above MA methods]
4. Applied price (0=close, 1=open, 2=high, 3=low 4=median, 5=typical, 6=weighted)
5. Bar shift

WingdingsSymbol Wingdings character chart at the foot of this post.

David
EMA Dashboard.ex4
EMA Dashboard.mq4
hanover --- function header (np).mqh
hanover --- extensible functions (np).mqh

smash1820 Oct 5, 2013 4:48pm | Post# 17

Subscribed!!! This is extremely valuable information in my opinion, I wonder if you guys even realize the full potential that lies in this thread. I've been working on something like this (a little different but close), and I did not think to look if it already exists because I figured it didn't.

David, you are truly a God! I don't know how you do it. Now the only thing I have left to work on is turning your "Recent Candles" indicator into one like "Recent Stochastics"... I want it to display the actual stochastics indicator (like how you display the candles), and not just a number indicating the level, as seen here. Don't worry... if I get it working, it'll be for my personal use only... and I will send it to you first.

stan3188 Oct 5, 2013 6:05pm | Post# 18

WOW!!! What can I say, except thank you Hanover.

An absolutely fantastic indicator, which will save so much time trying to find the right trending pair to trade.

I really do appreciate you giving up your weekend time to build this.
Not very often that I wish my weekend away, but I can't wait for the market to open Monday to start trading

thanks Stan

Cobie Oct 6, 2013 5:24pm | Post# 19

Sorry, I'm really stuck with this. I've even been through the coding but the only references to 'color' I can find are 'font color'.
Is there something else I need to configure in mt4 that I'm missing?

smash1820 Oct 6, 2013 8:33pm | Post# 20

Now I thing that I understand why it's not show me all the currencies, but only a few of them. The curencies format that I'm using are: EURUSDpro, AUDUSDpro etc.... Everything it's ok now. Thank you {quote}
Actually, I need some help too. I'm just installing this indicator now (the stochastic one, not the EMA) and I'm having the same problem as ForexTeam. My currency suffix is "m". How did you fix the problem of having your ".pro" suffix? Because when I add the indicator to my charts, it's not showing any pairs.

Also I like Cobie's idea of above 50 = green, below 50 = red, I think that would be useful but I too have yet to figure it out.

© Forex Factory