Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/69-platform-tech)
-   -   Problem when scrolling back through MT4 charts (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/26045-problem-when-scrolling-back-through-mt4-charts)

jimbil Apr 17, 2007 3:29am | Post# 1

Problem when scrolling back through MT4 charts

Hi

i am experiencing a problem when scrolling back through MT4 charts history, in that once you stop scrolling back through, the chart then jumps forawrd again to the end (latest section of chart data). This is really annoying and prevents me from doing any meaningful historical visual analysis of the chart.

Is there any way to rectify this problem?

Many thanks.

mbqb11 Apr 17, 2007 3:37am | Post# 2

click the autoscroll button off, its the one with the green arrow

nvwine Apr 17, 2007 3:42am | Post# 3

Hi

i am experiencing a problem when scrolling back through MT4 charts history, in that once you stop scrolling back through, the chart then jumps forawrd again to the end (latest section of chart data). This is really annoying and prevents me from doing any meaningful historical visual analysis of the chart.

Is there any way to rectify this problem?

Many thanks.
Press F8 and select the common tab then remove the check mark next to chart autoscroll.

Well since someone beat me to the answer let me mention once you disable auto scroll you can move forward and backward by bars using the F12 key and the Shift F12.

WHTenn Apr 17, 2007 4:04am | Post# 4

You can use the search feature in this forum for answers such as these in the future. Also look at the metatrader and beginner forums for great learning tools.

jimbil Apr 17, 2007 8:22am | Post# 5

MT4 cross-hair cursor problem

Thanks everyone, the problem with the scrolling is now resolved.

At the moment when i am using the cross-hair cursor, then click on the chart, the cross-hair cursor dissappears.

I'd also like to use the cross-hair cursor by default. So that when i click on the chart, the cross-hair cursor is not deactivated, but remains active.
Is this possible?

Many thanks.

jimbil Apr 17, 2007 9:09am | Post# 6

Thanks everyone, the problem with the scrolling is now resolved.

At the moment when i am using the cross-hair cursor, then click on the chart, the cross-hair cursor dissappears.

I'd also like to use the cross-hair cursor by default. So that when i click on the chart, the cross-hair cursor is not deactivated, but remains active.
Is this possible?

Many thanks.
The solution to this problem is to click on the chart with the mouse wheel, and you can scroll back & forth uninterrupted

Cheers.

taldag Oct 15, 2020 11:09am | Post# 7

{quote} Press F8 and select the common tab then remove the check mark next to chart autoscroll. Well since someone beat me to the answer let me mention once you disable auto scroll you can move forward and backward by bars using the F12 key and the Shift F12.
Great!!!!
Thank
And please. In time frame day scrolling back work. But in M30. Not?

© Forex Factory