Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Trading is an Art (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=259572)

baronfei Nov 1, 2010 1:00am | Post# 121

EU 101101

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: EU101101.jpg
Size: 540 KB

Take note on the trendline in Black... I think its a Make or Break level there.

chuks Nov 1, 2010 6:35am | Post# 122

what you said that trading exposes the dark side of us, is damn true. Infact, it brought to limelight part of me which i knew not before.
Great to hear that! That's so right. Its always refreshing to know more people is realising the truth (though I sound like some religious faction here...)
Trading exposed the dark side of humanity. Face it and you shall prevail...

CindyXXXX Nov 1, 2010 7:42am | Post# 123

this was a good thread till about page 4 when it it took it's normal evolution at FF..........
um... Something about a nail and hitting it on the head

>Apocalypto< Nov 1, 2010 7:50am | Post# 124

um... Something about a nail and hitting it on the head
hmmmm...???? not sure what you ment on the reply.

I think this is a good thread, some old concepts put up with new thinking... i am enjoying it. hope it can stay on course...........

CindyXXXX Nov 1, 2010 7:55am | Post# 125

Dont mind me

hmmmm...???? not sure what you ment on the reply.

I think this is a good thread, some old concepts put up with new thinking... i am enjoying it. hope it can stay on course...........
sounds like someone hit you on the head ... Anyway nevermind...

Carry on

>Apocalypto< Nov 1, 2010 8:01am | Post# 126

sounds like someone hit you on the head ... Anyway nevermind...

Carry on
kool kool Cindy, good trading to you!!

CindyXXXX Nov 1, 2010 8:11am | Post# 127

kool kool Cindy, good trading to you!!
No Probs Apocalypto was just agreeing with you, I maybe wrote that before I saw it get back on course anyway

I will try and redeem myself with something on topic

I see the sell stop has just been hit for the southern trade today and going nicely... The Break of 400 didnt quite work out - BE maybe

Is there a method to this madness or is the lemming cliff jump the method here?

Personally I wouldnt trade this way, the entry IMO is extremely late./Quite a spot to get picked up in a dodgy car by a stranger, taken to the wharf and shot in the back of the head lol Sorry bit graphic

How is he/are you choosing these break out points? Or would that be giving away the 7 secret herbs and spices?

I did read the whole thread, actually first one I have in a while and I like the positiveness the OP conveys. Just not sure how he/she is choosing these points, did I miss something?

Just interested

Cheers

Jalarupa Nov 2, 2010 12:17am | Post# 128

Cindy,

AFAIK the method is discretionary... Like the LONG on the EU yesterday... Buying into Resistance on the H4... Not advisable... I took the trade on a demo account to see if it was in fact something special that I hadn't counted on (as volume, momentum and force were still pointing upward at the time), and yes the short from that Buy level would have been the very best option... So the method requires one to use your discretion, and from what I can see there is a fair amount of analysis that goes into making these LONG/SHORT calls.

The Short call went for over 70 pips easily (a bit late... Sure) before turning around...

But the baron stress the need for stress free trading, whether this method will provide that remains to be seen... I will put out a few price alerts and check the validity of the calls as they come in, but from my point of view it certainly is a innovative and creative way of looking at the markets...

MetaCoder Nov 2, 2010 6:43pm | Post# 129

At one point of your trading career, you'll probably discovered that there's no hardcore formula that could lead you to success. Because despite what experts have been telling you, there never was.
Wrong.

Next, I'll show you how I trade.
That's good of you.

Marv Nov 2, 2010 6:53pm | Post# 130

Wrong.
Indeed.

I'm 100% sure that some of the biggest hedge funds use consistently profitable trading algorithms developed by their research departments, and are -of course- kept secret.

When I said this here, they "LOL'ed" at me.

MetaCoder Nov 2, 2010 8:15pm | Post# 131

When I said this here, they "LOL'ed" at me.
Some of the best trading techniques aren't kept secret.

But you won't find them on this thread.

© Forex Factory