Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trade What You See - Almost Naked Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=257876)

JusticeFX Jun 13, 2011 2:27am | Post# 16001

Man, I'd love to enter some trades, but the RSI indicator is behaving oddly.

On a side note, I just found out I can't gap trade with OANDA since their data feed is continuous.

pp22 Jun 13, 2011 2:34am | Post# 16002

Man, I'd love to enter some trades, but the RSI indicator is behaving oddly.

On a side note, I just found out I can't gap trade with OANDA since their data feed is continuous.

my indicator seems to be working fine

what i would suggest is delete the indicator from your mt4 charts and the folder and then reload it.

If that doesnt work then it my be your brokers feed. Im with IBFX and have no issues.

sebytim Jun 13, 2011 5:12am | Post# 16003

MT ?

2 Attachment(s)
This is how mine looks.

Hi lawgirl,

Can u confirm following charts are valid MT setups ?

Thanks for ur great systems.
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpjpy.gif
Size: 50 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpusd.gif
Size: 50 KB

peaches Jun 13, 2011 5:34am | Post# 16004

1 Attachment(s)
I have a GU 3 tap on my chart.
Click to Enlarge

Name: gu.gif
Size: 22 KB

pb41 Jun 13, 2011 5:40am | Post# 16005

something definitely weird going on - mine looks like this
I have been experiencing a similar problem for more than a week on FxPro especially with the D1, W1 and M1 arrows. Interesting to know that the
problem is not confined to my broker.

peaches Jun 13, 2011 6:11am | Post# 16006

I have been experiencing a similar problem for more than a week on FxPro especially with the D1, W1 and M1 arrows. Interesting to know that the
problem is not confined to my broker.

I asked about it in post

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...58#post4679458

and LG answered in post

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...20#post4679520

dimlat Jun 13, 2011 6:22am | Post# 16007

thanks for this - they seem to have settled down now - maybe at beginning of week it takes a while

pb41 Jun 13, 2011 6:35am | Post# 16008

Thanks for your reply and for pointing out these posts. The issue however seems to be more MT4 related. I have been trying the suggestion of refreshing my charts and this has definitely helped. Indicators that were previously neutral are now showing direction. Each time frame needs to be refreshed individually though.

dimlat Jun 13, 2011 7:53am | Post# 16009

this is a fantastic thread, though during London trading, it is sometimes a bit like watching paint dry

Kanderpro Jun 13, 2011 7:57am | Post# 16010

MT4 help required, please.

Hello all,
My MT4 experience is several hours long now (FXDD Malta) and I'm having difficulty moving Lawgirl's Trend Display RSI indicator into the indicators folder on the platform.
I've tried to follow Scrutch's post from last October that is featured on page 1 of the thread, but I can't see how to either (a) copy Lawgirl's Trend Display indicator into the indicators folder or (b) import it into the indicators folder.

I've also gone into MetaEditor, opened Lawgirl's file there and clicked "compile" but the "compiling..." message continues for at least 30 minutes. (I exited because I assume it shouldn't take that long.)

I've also looked at Scrutch's posts since last October for similar enquiries to mine but can't see any.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks,

Kan

dimlat Jun 13, 2011 8:01am | Post# 16011

Hello all,
My MT4 experience is several hours long now (FXDD Malta) and I'm having difficulty moving Lawgirl's Trend Display RSI indicator into the indicators folder on the platform.
I've tried to follow Scrutch's post from last October that is featured on page 1 of the thread, but I can't see how to either (a) copy Lawgirl's Trend Display indicator into the indicators folder or (b) import it into the indicators folder.

I've also gone into MetaEditor, opened Lawgirl's file there and clicked "compile" but the "compiling..." message continues...
i just did a simple copy and paste into the indicators folder on my PC, then close MT4, then re-open it - it should be there among the other indicators as part of the drop-down menu in the Navigator menu

lawgirl21 Jun 13, 2011 9:04am | Post# 16012

I wish I could help you guys with the technical stuff, but I haven't a clue. I'll see if I can find Scrutch to see what he says. But remember, the RSI line can be checked "manually", which is what I did (and still do) before Scrutch built the arrow indicator.

lawgirl21 Jun 13, 2011 9:05am | Post# 16013

GBPUSD

1 Attachment(s)
Perfect BO
Name:  sun.gif
Views: 783
Size:  10 KB

lawgirl21 Jun 13, 2011 9:06am | Post# 16014

GBPJPY

1 Attachment(s)
Chart
Views: 804
Size:  11 KB

lawgirl21 Jun 13, 2011 9:09am | Post# 16015

USDCHF

1 Attachment(s)
Stalling now, but may be a good MT trade if PA continues down
Views: 806
Size:  10 KB

lawgirl21 Jun 13, 2011 9:12am | Post# 16016

EURCAD

1 Attachment(s)
Daily chart
Views: 794
Size:  11 KB

Kanderpro Jun 13, 2011 9:39am | Post# 16017

problem solved

I wish I could help you guys with the technical stuff, but I haven't a clue. I'll see if I can find Scrutch to see what he says. But remember, the RSI line can be checked "manually", which is what I did (and still do) before Scrutch built the arrow indicator.
Thanks to Dimlat and Lawgirl for your responses. I found Live Chat on the FXDD web site after hours of looking through the help screens on the platform and MetaEditor. I had been trying to load the indicator on to the platform rather than in to the MT4 directory on my computer ( Crogram FilesFXDD MT4expertsindicators).

Kan

Anthar Jun 13, 2011 10:18am | Post# 16018

Lil' late

Thanks to Dimlat and Lawgirl for your responses. I found Live Chat on the FXDD web site after hours of looking through the help screens on the platform and MetaEditor. I had been trying to load the indicator on to the platform rather than in to the MT4 directory on my computer ( Crogram FilesFXDD MT4expertsindicators).

Kan
You can use this post for future references and helping someone else with this kind of questions Kan,

I'm trying to make a list of useful posts but it's so hard to decide, lol, I'll keep working on it tho'

EDIT: Forgot the post http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...09#post4520509

peaches Jun 13, 2011 10:23am | Post# 16019

1 Attachment(s)
so it is still a good idea to look, if the rsi line is in oversold or overbought territory, and not to watch at the switching arrows alone
Click to Enlarge

Name: eu.gif
Size: 24 KB

Kanderpro Jun 13, 2011 11:04am | Post# 16020

A Manual?

You can use this post for future references and helping someone else with this kind of questions Kan,

I'm trying to make a list of useful posts but it's so hard to decide, lol, I'll keep working on it tho'

EDIT: Forgot the post http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...09#post4520509
Well done Anthar.

I like the idea of your list and post 1 forming a Manual. Iím sure Iím not the only one who has spent their first hours on MT4 learning the hard way.

My latest problem is that I'm changing the X and Y co-ordinates and the true/false statement as per Scrutch's post 2399 on page 160 and then re-loading the indicator into my Crogram Files/FXDD MT4/experts/indicators file and restarting FXDD, but I'm still getting the whole list in the top right of the screen.

Any advice please?

Kan

© Forex Factory