Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Confirm 14 EA System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=251869)

MetaCoder Aug 20, 2010 10:40am | Post# 21

Does the EA do the cut and reverse? Or that should be done manually.
Thanks
The EA does everything automatically.

MetaCoder Aug 20, 2010 12:38pm | Post# 22

i have loaded in IBFX but no trade since 3 hrs. all symbols r in market watch.

i am very new to forex, file uploaded is mq4, do i have to make any changes. In 'post 5' some coding is given wud i have to edit that in given file. i dont know whts wrong. thx.
Maybe there's a thread that addresses running EAs in MetaTrader.

stevegee58 Aug 21, 2010 7:52am | Post# 23

Hey metacoder I was thinking about your position sizing. After running for a few days I noticed that the lot sizes are all the same.

I haven't actually sat down and done the calculations, but wouldn't the lot sizes be different within a basket to truly hedge out certain currencies?

newborn Aug 21, 2010 8:53am | Post# 24

1 Attachment(s)
This is interesting, similar to trader101 methodology. I was researching clone of this type too sometime in 2009. The difference is I use 10 pairs so it make a perfect hedge, use Fractional Product Inefficiency, and use rate of change between certain time intervals, instead of pips, to check currency momentum movement.

the basket is
buy:
eur/usd
usd/jpy
gbp/usd
usd/chf
eur/jpy

sell:
eur/gbp
eur/chf
gbp/jpy
gbp/chf
chf/jpy

Things about 5 pair combination is they totally hedge any individual currency involved. You can check on pairs above.

Attached excel is the result of that research. But I forget what parameter is the trade qualification on those momentum data lol. I only remember that, I picked 3 of the largest % change, then use a breakout trades on that 3 pair if it qualified according to (? something about which currency is the pairs mover I guess?) with 1 RR ratio trades. And I remember why I stop, its because often there is not enough time placing buystop / sellstop just above recent highlow, manually, on pairs that have huge momentum spurts. And you can't use the usual price retracement like usual breakout method, because this method is about capturing those momentum spurts.

3 month hypothetical (since live result is facing difficulties mentioned above) result yields around 65% winrate on 1 RR.
b2.zip

MetaCoder Aug 21, 2010 11:01am | Post# 25

I just refreshed the EA upload in post #1 to include the more general symbol string handling, as described here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost...42&postcount=5

MetaCoder Aug 21, 2010 11:04am | Post# 26

Hey metacoder I was thinking about your position sizing. After running for a few days I noticed that the lot sizes are all the same.

I haven't actually sat down and done the calculations, but wouldn't the lot sizes be different within a basket to truly hedge out certain currencies?
The lot sizes should all be the same. The two groups of 7 are a mathematically perfect synthetic hedge against each other.

The best way I can say it is -- in one group of 7, we buy a set of currencies against another specific basket of currencies. In the other group of 7, we sell the exact same set of currencies against the other exact specific basket of currencies, so things are balanced with same lot sizes across the board.

MetaCoder Aug 21, 2010 11:06am | Post# 27

Something people will notice is that not many cuts and reverses are done.

This is a GOOD thing, because when we use looser criteria for cuts and reverses, we get so many trims for losses that it takes longer for the equity to climb to a profit level.

Better to wait and do our trims when there is more of a real sea change for or against a currency.

Dilmeshsingh Aug 22, 2010 7:16pm | Post# 28

Maybe there's a thread that addresses running EAs in MetaTrader.
yup found 1 thread on EA was my fault, its working now. thx.

Pluto2 Aug 22, 2010 8:52pm | Post# 29

Great thread

Very interesting thread.
I am signing in.

MetaCoder Aug 23, 2010 10:51am | Post# 30

Just uploaded a version 02 in the first post of the thread. Difference between ver 01 and 02 -- ver 02 only requires one confirming pair for each biggest loser.

MrChips Aug 23, 2010 1:03pm | Post# 31

Still No Trading

i have loaded in IBFX but no trade since 3 hrs. all symbols r in market watch.
I loaded 01 version last night almost 18 hours ago and until now NO TRADES. I just loaded 02 version with all the defaults on IBFX (5-digit) too. I do have Market Watch open with "Show All" and all pairs are showing.

Is anyone else having this problem?

MetaCoder Aug 23, 2010 4:03pm | Post# 32

Your account (starting equity) balance might be too small for your account type.

The MinMiniEquity and MinStdEquity settings say you need at least $500 for a mini account and $10,000 for a standard account.

MrChips Aug 23, 2010 4:18pm | Post# 33

Started Trading

Hi MC

Yup - That was it I lowered the amount and it started trading.

Thanks.

MetaCoder Aug 23, 2010 4:39pm | Post# 34

Great MrChips!

MetaCoder Aug 23, 2010 4:41pm | Post# 35

Please note the following.

Version 01 requires that all confirming pairs confirm the action of the biggest loser before a cut'n'reverse will be executed.

Version 02 requires that only one confirming pair confirms the action of the biggest loser before a cut'n'reverse will be executed.

So if version 01 isn't giving any cut'n'reverse action, version 02 is likely to give it sooner.

stevegee58 Aug 23, 2010 5:08pm | Post# 36

I started version 1 mid last week and haven't seen any cut and reverse action yet, as a matter of fact. Trades have been open unchanged for days now.

I'll put version 2 on tonight and see how it does.

MetaCoder Aug 23, 2010 5:10pm | Post# 37

It takes sea changes in the market to trigger action.

juzgood1978 Aug 23, 2010 6:41pm | Post# 38

I started yesterday and there was 2 cut and reverse but equity still negative doesnt look good...

stevegee58 Aug 23, 2010 6:51pm | Post# 39

It takes sea changes in the market to trigger action.
A sea change into something rich and strange?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

TradeRunner Aug 23, 2010 7:05pm | Post# 40

I started version 1 mid last week and haven't seen any cut and reverse action yet, as a matter of fact. Trades have been open unchanged for days now.

I'll put version 2 on tonight and see how it does.
I don't understand this because I also tested the EA last week and had a total of 42 trades by Friday. About 36 hours trading M/L (closed manually on Friday).
Haven't tried the EA again though.

© Forex Factory