Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Nanningbob V5 auto-trading robot. Newbies, fearlessly ask your basic questions here (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=250763)

SnapTradeFX Nov 10, 2011 2:44am | Post# 901

You can post now. In future, I would advise against describing anything I do as 'bad', as in "The current default TP/SL when using CBI to trade is bad" from the above.

You may well think what I do is a mistake, but you have a long, long way to go here before you have the right to express this opinion in my threads. You have got away with it here because this is a say-what-you-like thread,

Actually, it isn't. It is an ask-what-you-like thread - not quite the same thingy, but I am cutting you some slack here. Annoy me in one of my restricted...
Hehe sorry, I'm from a somewhat more northern country...people are a bit direct here as compared to most of the world, I should keep that in mind Anyway, thanks for letting me, I'll contribute when I've got something useful.

traveliron Nov 10, 2011 5:14am | Post# 902

Attn Murphyman

Sam

I too am using CNS (London based) for my VPS and
I too am running two instances of MT4 with the basic package and
I too am running TB only on these platforms and
I too have just started to get a problem with it freezing when I start MT4 (waiting for first tick...).

TB is not that hungry on resources so I cannot see how it can be that at fault, besides it was working fine for me until only recently. Something has changed and it wasn't any of my doing. I have spoken to ForexPippy and intend to try another VPS he recommended in another thread (called Memset). I am going to set it up today with their basic package and run the same setup as for CNS.

I was also considering a change of VPS as I'm having a problem using Dukascopy Auto Launch with any type of strategy.

I'll report back to let you know.

Thanks Murphyman for the outstanding persistance on TB and then for sharing it. Hats off to you.

Also thank you ForexPippy for also sharing your TB results and the .set on MyFxBook. Because yours has involved less intervention, that is the one I'm testing. Mine are both also on MyFxBook (sorry not allowed to link yet but search for traveliron). You should have Memset vouchers coming your way.

As for NB, Steve and Macman well, mere thanks doesn't quite cover it. Nonetheless - Cheers guys.

MurphyMan Nov 10, 2011 6:36am | Post# 903

Yesterday it almost came to a complete halt. I contacted CNS and found out you can upgrade the RAM within an individual package. Their Value Package, or whatever it's called, starts with 312 MB for $35. For a extra $12 they bumped it up to 1GB. That seems to have helped a lot.

I am booking at Back Bay. They are an "introducing broker" for FXDD and are offering free VPS if you make a certain number of trades. Maybe that's the way to go.

At any rate, boosting the RAM helped.

Sam

MurphyMan Nov 10, 2011 9:08pm | Post# 904

Refreshing MT4

Say I am running TOB and a pair opens. In a while a recovery trade opens. After a while, the original trade is still in the hole, but I decide to take profit on the recovery trade, which is in the black.

Now, I am back to one trade, but the blue BE line remains and sometimes TOB loses track of how many trades are in play.

How can I refresh TOB so it picks up where I left off? To at least clear the blue line? Can I just clear a cache or something like that? Recompile?

Sam

Dozer Nov 10, 2011 11:42pm | Post# 905

Felt the need to reply...

Posted by bluesteele From the "The Old Beast, How MurphyMan made this a successful trading robot": http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=325170 (I couldn't reply in that thread...)

"Why post all of these worthless EA's ?
This Steve is the question that many many FF members are wondering.
What's the point?"
Worthless? The jokes on you..... Can't you read? The whole point of the thread is that someone wanted to share information about how they were successfully making money from this strategy and EA.

I've also been making quite a bit of money over the last year or so from these EAs and strategies. And I'm not just trading small micro accounts either. I trade very large accounts full time for a living and have done so for quite some time.

I've learned a lot from the real contributors here at FF. Steve, Hanover, Astral, Scoobs, and so many more. And a *HUGE* thanks and respect to NanningBob. Bob has shared a wealth of knowledge and trading systems and posts actual trades he is making. Where do you share your live trades?

These guys put in a lot of time and effort to share their knowledge and experience. And what do you give to the FF community? Third grade level insults and tirades.

Let us all know when you post your amazing EAs or actual and detailed trading strategies. I'll be happy to review and critique them.......

traveliron Nov 11, 2011 4:44am | Post# 906

Resetting TB with Existing Trade

I haven't tried this Sam but how about, after you've taken profit on that individual recovery trade, right click on the chart>Expert Advisor>Remove, then drag TB onto the chart again. Basically re-instate TB.

I'd be interested to know if that clears your BE line. If not I think it could be safely removed as just an object (Ctrl+B) as I'm darn sure it can't have any functionality with the re-instated Beast.

Caution: I'm posting on the rookie thread for a reason.

beans Nov 15, 2011 3:40pm | Post# 907

Commercial member - I think not...

I have just read the rash of posts on the BB thread (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...=325292&page=6) and am very disappointed at the decision from the FF moderators. Here we have an individual (Steve H) who's timeless contributions and stunning tenacity outshine anything else I have seen, and through these efforts, a spirit of true comradery and team contribution is engendered. Surely this is what the public forums are all about.

I have been trading off and on for about 8 years and find all of Steve's posts enlightening, entertaining and thought-provokingly educational.

I feel sure that FF will be moved to rethink and not simply apply a blanket ruling in this case.

Please, please, let logic and fairness prevail.

Beans.

donkassim Jan 4, 2012 11:48am | Post# 908

robot suspended

hello all
am using the awesome autotrading ea, but am getting ROBOT SUSPENDED error, how can i fix this ?

Michael PB Jan 15, 2012 5:12am | Post# 909

BigBob

Hi all - is there anybody outthere, who runs BigBob succesfully on a life account? Migrating my VPS I lost my settings on my gently succesful demo-account. It would be very helpful if you could let me know which version and would share your detailed settings. Thanks a lot Michael

djnato Jan 27, 2012 12:20am | Post# 910

EA Reversi Help

Hello, good morning everyone I'm new to forum was simply reading something here, read about resentment by compiling an EA called reversi SteveHopwood was trying to test but I think there's something wrong ... almost 3 days and not opened or EA a trade ...

be opened in eur / usd H1 The only change was to fix batch to 0.1 using FXCM demo account, I found this message in the log:

Reversi 00:00:01: invalid handle -1 in File Is Ending
Reversi 00:00:01: -1 invalid in file handle Close

if someone could help me a lot of tests like the EA.

Thank you!

sorry for my English do not speak very well.

Babul Apr 6, 2012 2:59am | Post# 911

Code to Close Terminal

Hi Steve,
I have been following your works and am of utmost appreciation for you for your contribution and sharing which has helped new traders like me a lot. Your Trade Manager is a big hit with me and many of my friends to whom I suggested. In fact it is your MPTM which allows for me to sleep without worry at night as I know that MPTM will ensure that come what so ever, it will control my trades and not wake up to some big surprises or an account crash. Once again Thank you very much for giving it to us as an open code. I have tweeked it a little to suit my needs again with help of your guide on modifying the script. Now I need a help from you or from some coding expert in this forum to give me a code (especially to include in my trade manager). In the skirt protection, when the account goes low, it closes the trading order. Can you please give me a code by which when a set condition is met like say when the account has reached a certain high or a certain low it closes all the orders AND CLOSES THE TERMINAL TOO. Please help.
-Babul

forexripper Apr 13, 2012 2:05pm | Post# 912

[quote=SteveHopwood;3948666]

Hi Steve,

I was given your name by one of the members.

I am experiencing an excellent system with potential to give lots of pips but do not know how it would test over period of time. So need help develop an EA using better volume indi.

I was told that you may be able to help me develop EA based on the following rules:

Here is my system for EA:

1) throw better volume chart bars v1.4 indi on H1 chart (shows all blue professional bars) EU (for now only this pair)
2) 1 or 2 bars closed after the blue professional bar are noted for close above or below the most recent blue professional bar. EA gets ready to trigger trade. So if close is 1-2 pips above the blue bar then buy ready and if close is 1-2 pips below it then sell ready.
3) Now when #2 happens the limit orders are set i.e. if sell trade ready then limit sell at high of the blue professional bar (which is being monitored by the EA) and if buy ready then limit buy at low of the blue bar.
4) Stop loss to be 20 pips above or below the blue trigger bar (user defined)
5) TP is 50-80 pips depending on how good the trend appears (user defined)
6) If SL hit then trade in opposite direction with same SL and TP or look for blue bar within last 2 bars

Can you help develop this EA. I see this thing has potential but want to also test it to ensure it works over period of time. (Later on we can add Sinewave to it to improve but not now). Thanks a lot

SteveHopwood Apr 13, 2012 5:23pm | Post# 913

Can you help develop this EA. I see this thing has potential but want to also test it to ensure it works over period of time. (Later on we can add Sinewave to it to improve but not now). Thanks a lot
Maybe. Maybe not. One thing I can say definitely is this; now that I am branded a Filthy Commercial member here, I will add nothing to this forum. Try me at my own forum at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com and you might get a more favourable response.

Members of my forum are welcome to upload the results of my work here. FF are not a couple of dirty words to me. Just do not expect me to add anything further here. The mods have made it perfectly clear that my contributions have no value.

forexripper Apr 13, 2012 6:13pm | Post# 914

Maybe. Maybe not. One thing I can say definitely is this; now that I am branded a Filthy Commercial member here, I will add nothing to this forum. Try me at my own forum at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com and you might get a more favourable response.

Members of my forum are welcome to upload the results of my work here. FF are not a couple of dirty words to me. Just do not expect me to add anything further here. The mods have made it perfectly clear that my contributions have no value.

Thanks Steve. I do respect your expertise. I have made the request at your forum too. Please give it a look at your convenience. Thanks a lot for responding.

rosette May 28, 2012 10:18am | Post# 915

failed with error(4109)

1 Attachment(s)
hi Guys:
When I run the EA,and trigger an entry, it just shows: trade is not allowed in the expert properties; anybody knows why?
Click to Enlarge

Name: error.JPG
Size: 98 KB

user666 Jul 9, 2012 12:05am | Post# 916

I have the same ERORR

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, good morning everyone I'm new to forum was simply reading something here, read about resentment by compiling an EA called reversi SteveHopwood was trying to test but I think there's something wrong ... almost 3 days and not opened or EA a trade ...

be opened in eur / usd H1 The only change was to fix batch to 0.1 using FXCM demo account, I found this message in the log:

Reversi 00:00:01: invalid handle -1 in File Is Ending
Reversi 00:00:01: -1 invalid in file handle Close

if someone could help me a lot of tests like the EA.

Thank...
I have the same error with Demo account and in tester. EUR/USD, M15, H1 timeframe. Can anybody explain what is wrong ? Which TF is recommended. Found nothing in basic description of EA. Can anybody provide best set in accordance with experience of use with real account ?

Thank you. God bless your help and attention to this request !!!
Click to Enlarge

Name: Picture 461.png
Size: 81 KB

user666 Jul 9, 2012 4:26am | Post# 917

Is anybody here ???

????? !!!

SteveHopwood Jul 9, 2012 6:58am | Post# 918

????? !!!
No. We are all at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/index.php

Forget Reversi. It is a failure.

user666 Jul 9, 2012 8:22am | Post# 919

I also

I also moved there...

You wrote you trade this EA live.

Today you write other things.

I also want to trade live using this "failure".

Please help how I can resolve this error/

thank you.

I understand "thank you " is not common acceptable currency.

user666 Jul 9, 2012 8:22am | Post# 920

No. We are all at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/index.php

Forget Reversi. It is a failure.

I also moved there...

You wrote you trade this EA live.

Today you write other things.

I also want to trade live using this "failure".

Please help how I can resolve this error/

thank you.

I understand "thank you " is not common acceptable currency.

© Forex Factory