Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Nanningbob V5 auto-trading robot. Newbies, fearlessly ask your basic questions here (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=250763)

SteveHopwood Aug 15, 2010 7:32am | Post# 1

Nanningbob V5 auto-trading robot. Newbies, fearlessly ask your basic questions here

To all newbie traders, I say this: all of us with umpteen vouchers to our credit were newbs once. I cringe when I think of some of the questions I asked in the early days.

You cannot post these questions in my EA threads, so I have set up this one for you.

Feel free to ask your questions about anything you do not understand - absolutely anything. Nobody will be critical or dismissive. Not twice, anyhow.

It will not often be me that answers. I can spend my time coding or I can spend it answering questions - I cannot do both. Someone with the knowledge you need will answer.

Have fun. Learn. Listen to the experts. Eventually, you will make money.

Patreze Aug 15, 2010 12:25pm | Post# 2

Ok. First I want to thank You for this superb software for the great Nanningbob method. Also I am very happy that now I can ask for something

Since You have told that implementing 2.4.2 would be to difficult, could You please consider adding an option of some sort of grid/martingale approach for trades that went wrong?

Back-testing shows that most of a time this bot enters extremely well, but for those rare bad trades I think it would be enough if it just reenter at say 200 pips and close at BE or small profit.

I don't know nothing about codding, so maybe someone could say if it is possible to add this feature.

Thanks again.

ps. Ah I just read that 2.4.2 is not abandoned after all, well good luck

tvvliet4x Aug 16, 2010 11:57am | Post# 3

Problem with EA in post #101

I cannot post in the other thread, but maybe Steve or Simon reads this. The problem with the EA in post #101 is probably caused by the -1 in this line:

Inserted Code
for (int cc = 0; cc < OrdersTotal() - 1; cc++)

This line is in the function CountOpenTrades().

SteveHopwood Aug 16, 2010 8:37pm | Post# 4

I cannot post in the other thread, but maybe Steve or Simon reads this. The problem with the EA in post #101 is probably caused by the -1 in this line:

Inserted Code
for (int cc = 0; cc < OrdersTotal() - 1; cc++)
This line is in the function CountOpenTrades().
For sure, you can post now and are most welcome.

Please read from http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost...&postcount=106

Cheers

forexe Aug 17, 2010 3:57am | Post# 5

Thanks so much for this awesome EA. I have an issue with the BE function of the EA. It does not account for commission and swap points incurred for brokers such as IamFX. Did I miss something or is there anyway to modify the break even function such that it accounts for commission and swap points? Thank you.

Edd Ganuelas Aug 19, 2010 9:26am | Post# 6

To all newbie traders, I say this: all of us
Thanks Steve for creating this thread. I am a newbie and wanted to learn the system. Earlier in the other side of the forum I ask why my manually GU entered position was closed at break-even. All the others were managed by a MPTM with the same magic number. Am I right to understand that I must enter a different magic number so that each individual entries will not be affected by the other. The tweaking of the inputs to suit my needs sometimes confusing as well like when you turn on the false to true, and then what next. I would appreciate very much if someone in the developing team will help me along this area. This indeed a nice system.

Edd Ganuelas Aug 23, 2010 8:50am | Post# 7

Thanks Steve for creating this thread. I am a newbie and wanted to learn the system. Earlier in the other side of the forum I ask why my manually GU entered position was closed at break-even. All the others were managed by a MPTM with the same magic number. Am I right to understand that I must enter a different magic number so that each individual entries will not be affected by the other. The tweaking of the inputs to suit my needs sometimes confusing as well like when you turn on the false to true, and then what next. I would appreciate very much...
------

Please ignore, I found the answer.

tecona Aug 24, 2010 3:35am | Post# 8

PipsAwayFromVisualJS

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Steve,
I am happy that you have prepared the thread for newbies.
I have a question.
In page 3 of the document "Multi-purpose trade manager - instruction for use".
you explain
PipsAwayFromVisualJS: the number of pips away from the stop shown in the trade you want your real stop. For example, you want a real stop loss of 200 pips and an emergency trade stop of 400, so you set:
JumpingStopPips = 400.
PipsAwayFromVisualJS = 200.

I can't understand the above explanation, and the meanings of "real stop"
and "emergency trade stop".
Would you please explain with ease?
Attached figure is my understanding.
Best regards.

tecona
Name:  PipsAwayFromVJS.JPG
Views: 20033
Size:  14 KB

panfried Aug 24, 2010 4:25am | Post# 9

Fx5_macd_divergence EA request

Hi Steve and all others over here in the coding space...

I've been following Bob for a long time and things are really interesting right now, great community of contributers and ideas around the main thread.

Hope I'm not too cheeky making an EA coding request here on my second post!

I've been eyeballing the FX5_MACD_Divergance indi and noticed this -

Over one month and 24 pairs the indi gave 119 signals, on 114 occasions the following bar was pip positive in the direction of the signal. The losses were 8, 8, 30, 16, and 6 pips. Of the wins some would barely recover the spread, but many run 20, 40, 70 pips and more.

So my idea is for a 'scalping' EA to do the following -

When signal is present take a position at close/open

No SL, TP etc

Close position 4 hours later at close/open

This would fit what I can see from a visual backtest.

I looked at set TP and SL, maybe 'tuned' to individual pairs or determined by ATR, trail stops etc, position of signal bars on chart ie. sixths but nothing really lept off the charts at me until I noticed the huge win ratio and small losses on a one bar basis. I then looked at varying the holding period - 2 bars, 3 bars etc but nothing again, so the simple idea looks best to me at this point.

At a glance I wonder if the average return might be 15-25 pips per trade, but with 100+ trades in a month even 10 pips would be handy for what could be a set and forget EA, depending on backtesting for indication of drawdown and therefore position sizing and then forward testing... wouldn't wanna let 5 losses out of 119 trades sink me!

Anyway I'm guessing the vanilla version I'm proposing would be very simple to code, hope it looks interesting enough for someone to have a look at it.

Cheers all

E2u Aug 28, 2010 11:12am | Post# 10

NB Trend and SAR v1.00

1 Attachment(s)
I don't think Simon will come back with a new version of his Trend and SAR EA.
He don't need to work anymore.

Here is result from last week

Lot 0.1
Pips 3467
Profit Euro 3001

TF M15

gen----General inputs----
Lot 0.1
CriminalIsECN false
MagicNumberTrend 101
MagicNumberReversal 102
bl14-------------------------------------------------------------
tpi----Take profit and stop loss inputs----
TakeProfit 0
UseSixthsTp false
UseBollingerTp false
MinimumTargetinPips 40
UseAtrTp true
AtrTpPeriod 14
AtrTpTimeFrame 0
AtrTpMultiplier 3.0
htpHidden take profit settings
HideTakeProfitEnabled false
HiddenTakeProfitPips 20
sliStop loss for catastrophic events
EmergencyStopLoss 560
stochStochastic / Laguerre RSI Targets
overbought 85
oversold 15
six----Sixths inputs----
BarCount 120
TradeZoneA true
TradeZoneBtrue
bl3-------------------------------------------------------------
tcm----Trade closure module----
wlcWhite line closure
UseWhiteLineClosure true
MinSeperationFromBlue 15
UseMACrossClosure false
bl4-------------------------------------------------------------
tmm----Trade management module----
DoNotOverload5DigitCriminals true
BEBreak even settings
BreakEven true
BreakEvenPips 13
BreakEvenProfit 1
HideBreakEvenStop false
PipsAwayFromVisualBE 5
JSLJumping stop loss settings
JumpingStop true
JumpingStopPips 25
AddBEP true
JumpAfterBreakevenOnly false
HideJumpingStop false
PipsAwayFromVisualJS 10
TSLTrailing stop loss settings
TrailingStop false
TrailingStopPips 50
HideTrailingStop false
PipsAwayFromVisualTS 10
TrailAfterBreakevenOnly false
StopTrailAtPipsProfit false
StopTrailPips 0
hsl1Hidden stop loss settings
HideStopLossEnabled false
HiddenStopLossPips 20
bl1-------------------------------------------------------------
smacd----StochasticMacdSqualou inputs----
FastEMA 12
SlowEMA 26
SignalSMA 9
StochasticPeriod 120
MacdOverBought 75
MacdOverSold 25
mas----MA/BB separation inputs----
MinSepFromBB 0.1
adxs----ADX filter inputs----
UseAdxFilter false
AdxTf 0
AdxPeriod 14
mis----Odds and ends----
DisplayGapSize 5
ShowAlerts true
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1wNBSimone.jpg
Size: 67 KB

CanuckCT Aug 28, 2010 7:42pm | Post# 11

I had drastically different results. Can you post a set file for your settings so I might compare it to what I had?
Cheers
CanuckCT

SteveHopwood Aug 28, 2010 7:59pm | Post# 12

Hi Steve and all others over here in the coding space...

I've been following Bob for a long time and things are really interesting right now, great community of contributers and ideas around the main thread.

Hope I'm not too cheeky making an EA coding request here on my second post!

I've been eyeballing the FX5_MACD_Divergance indi and noticed this -

Over one month and 24 pairs the indi gave 119 signals, on 114 occasions the following bar was pip positive in the direction of the signal. The losses were 8, 8, 30, 16, and 6 pips. Of the wins...
This little lot gains you instant access to all my threads. I am sorry not to have replied before - I did not see this post.

The ea is a doddle to code and I am interested, but I am a tad busy just at the mo. Please pm me in a couple of weeks if I have done nothing about this, with a reference to this post as a reminder.

Thanks for this contribution.

Cheers

panfried Aug 28, 2010 9:20pm | Post# 13

scalpers perfect storm

This little lot gains you instant access to all my threads.

Hey thanks Steve, awesome.

I knew it looked too good to be true, and sure enough the perfect storm hit on the second to last 4H candle of the week - the system would have taken 5 loss trades for a total -413 pips. Weirdly enough when I've re-opened my platform to evaluate the carnage the indi has re-painted and the signals are no longer there.

This is a good thing, I can now design an EA with the worst case scenario clearly in mind.

I believe the losses can be contained without losing too many gains and I'm not at all phased by re-painting.

So I'm working on a design brief to build in some protection and add a little more detail - will post the package here when I'm done.

Thanks for your interest,

Regards

SteveHopwood Aug 29, 2010 4:13am | Post# 14

Hey thanks Steve, awesome.

I knew it looked too good to be true, and sure enough the perfect storm hit on the second to last 4H candle of the week - the system would have taken 5 loss trades for a total -413 pips. Weirdly enough when I've re-opened my platform to evaluate the carnage the indi has re-painted and the signals are no longer there.

This is a good thing, I can now design an EA with the worst case scenario clearly in mind.

I believe the losses can be contained without losing too many gains and I'm not at all phased by re-painting.

So...
That is brilliant. As I so often say, coding is a doddle but program design can be a nightmare. Once I have a specification, I can do the coding easily. Your idea sounds like fun.

CanuckCT Aug 29, 2010 5:53am | Post# 15

Thanks...interesting you are running on m15
Cheers
CanuckCT

[quote=E2u;3984171
gen ----General inputs----

[/quote]

Edd Ganuelas Aug 29, 2010 7:57am | Post# 16

Copy of NB Trend and SAR V1.

[quote=E2u;3984171]I don't think Simon will come back with a new version of his Trend and SAR EA.

Hi!

Your results were impressive. A copy of the EA was deleted in my folder. Will you be kind enough to post one here. The one posted by Steve is in PHP file and dont know how to convert to mq4. Anyone out there could help me what is a PHP file (with file name attachment) means? Is this an addendum to a previous file?

Thanks,

Edd

E2u Aug 29, 2010 8:36am | Post# 17

[quote=Edd Ganuelas;3985005]

Hi!

Your results were impressive. A copy of the EA was deleted in my folder. Will you be kind enough to post one here. The one posted by Steve is in PHP file and dont know how to convert to mq4. Anyone out there could help me what is a PHP file (with file name attachment) means? Is this an addendum to a previous file?

Thanks,

Edd
Hi Edd
There is 2 way to get the mq4 file from the forum. One is to copy the name of the file included mq4 in the name and then when you save the file you change the name from attachment.php by paste the name you copied, then click on save. The other way is the paperclip up in the right corner of the page. Click and download the file from there. Always working.

laharjaya Aug 29, 2010 11:50am | Post# 18

Thanx for ur robot ...

can we state all pair in 1 ea

by doing this, we don't need drag ea for every pair chart.

just suggestion

E2u Aug 29, 2010 12:01pm | Post# 19

XYZ Staking Plan

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Steve

Here is the next level witch make you famous like when you made Multi Purpose Management EA.
If you make an EA of this witch can handle booth single and basket orders then you don't need to think about money management anymore. After that its up to the user how he wants to use it.
Click to Enlarge

Name: XYZ.jpg
Size: 118 KB

Edd Ganuelas Aug 30, 2010 7:50am | Post# 20

[quote=Edd Ganuelas;3985005]

Hi!

Thanks,

Edd
- - - - -- - -

Thanks a lot.

© Forex Factory