Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Nanningbob V5 auto-trading robot. Newbies, fearlessly ask your basic questions here (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=250763)

FxHope Oct 26, 2011 2:25pm | Post# 881

Hanover modul

Your English is fine.

I may add what you want at some stage, but not for a while. I have lots of other priorities.

Thanks for your time (After bath)

Fxhope http://www.forexfactory.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

FxHope Oct 26, 2011 2:32pm | Post# 882

Right You are.Besides essential point is a direction of slope.Strongest currensy in a pair
must have previous value (shift) lower than current(now).
Opposite for weakest currency. In this case strongest becomes more strong
and we are in a good position in trend
Best regards
Yep I agree slope and minimum delta becom more strong.

FxHope http://www.forexfactory.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

harry45 Oct 28, 2011 6:12am | Post# 883

3 Attachment(s)
Your English is fine.

I may add what you want at some stage, but not for a while. I have lots of other priorities.

Steve, I am demoing MACrossHanover TF M15-H1 and notice some trades are opened in wrong places(see att.) To improve entries I believe we have to calculate difference between Indexes of currencies choosen pair.
For example-Dif.Indexes is positive and going towards zero,crosses zero and becomes negative.This is an area of entry.
Russian coder made such indi(attached) but Hanover method more precise.
If we admit this logic we can trade basket. For basket 8 we summarize Indexes
AUD,GBP,NZD, EUR .,divide by4 and have medium Index.this way we get medium Index for USD and JPY, than their difference.Diff. negative -SELL zone,positive BUY zone.
Attaced pic. show Diff, indy. Thank you very much.
Click to Enlarge

Name: rs1.jpg
Size: 92 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: rs2.jpg
Size: 92 KB
Indexes_v8L.mq4

harry45 Oct 28, 2011 9:21am | Post# 884

new MACross Hanover

1 Attachment(s)
Wrong Entry.Second currency with positive slope incorrect for Long.
MACross Hanover from post1 zip after fix.
Click to Enlarge

Name: rs1.jpg
Size: 91 KB

EaglePip Oct 31, 2011 9:08am | Post# 885

HanoverEa

1 Attachment(s)
Just managed to setup the Recent Strength Indi and installed HanoverEA.
All looked good until I noticed that the AUD appeared as Strongest and Weakest Currency pair in both time frames.(See Attached screenshot)
Wonder if anyone else has has this problem. Have searched this thread and the Hanover thread, but found no reference to this particular issue.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
EP
Click to Enlarge

Name: hanov.gif
Size: 38 KB

Vigilanti Nov 2, 2011 5:57pm | Post# 886

Just a dumb question

On MT4 using the iMA indicator, I cannot use 480 as a time frame because it is not one of the Timeframe Enumeration values.

Yet, when I use the Moving Averages indicator from the chart and drag into the chart I can use 480 as a value.

Why is that? Does this 480 value really mean 480 minutes?

fate12 Nov 3, 2011 6:35am | Post# 887

Hanover EA minhours

Dear Steve,

I think the minhoursbetweentrades does not work as it should.

I had two trades NZDUSD tonight, trade one closed at 04:01 (winning).
Trade two opened immediatly despite the 12hour setting and lost hours later.

Just thought I mention it.

Thanks.

wynkins Nov 3, 2011 9:55am | Post# 888

Trumpcard - Trading Hours

I have been testing Trumpcard with various settings and have been having some success with a TP of 50 and SL of 27 (18% gain since 21st October across EURUSD and EURJPY at 2% risk). Analysing the trades on an hour by hour basis indicates that the hours of 11am to 1pm are best avoided. However, if I set Trumpcard's trading hours to 8am to 11am and 1pm to 5pm, Trumpcard will continue after the morning or evening session to take orders that were pending at the end of the session, so I get rogue trades between 11am and 1pm and after 5pm. Would it be much trouble to amend the code to provide a setting to allow pending orders to be cancelled at the end of the morning and evening sessions? Obviously those whose morning session moves seamlessly into the evening session would not want pending orders cancelled at 12pm everyday.

SteveHopwood Nov 3, 2011 9:06pm | Post# 889

Dear Steve,

I think the minhoursbetweentrades does not work as it should.

I had two trades NZDUSD tonight, trade one closed at 04:01 (winning).
Trade two opened immediatly despite the 12hour setting and lost hours later.

Just thought I mention it.

Thanks.
Thanks. I saw your post before reading Sandy's and so was alerted to the problem before he posted.

You have doubtless read that I have solved the problem, so thanks for drawing my attention to it. You have posting rights in my restricted threads.

Cheers

SteveHopwood Nov 3, 2011 9:16pm | Post# 890

I have been testing Trumpcard with various settings and have been having some success with a TP of 50 and SL of 27 (18% gain since 21st October across EURUSD and EURJPY at 2% risk). Analysing the trades on an hour by hour basis indicates that the hours of 11am to 1pm are best avoided. However, if I set Trumpcard's trading hours to 8am to 11am and 1pm to 5pm, Trumpcard will continue after the morning or evening session to take orders that were pending at the end of the session, so I get rogue trades between 11am and 1pm and after 5pm. Would it be...
Truth to tell, I cannot even begin to pretend I am interested in this right now; if you are following the Hanover thread you will understand why. If not, then you should be.

I suggest you do this: continue to test the bot and gently nag me about this in the TC thread itself. I respond to nagging eventually. You have posting rights in my restricted threads now. Posting results is the best way of all to attract continued attention.

Sorry if this sounds arrogant or brushoffish; this is not my intention. As I occasionally remark, there is only one of me, but lots of everyone else.

Cheers

Aces Fx Nov 4, 2011 3:16am | Post# 891

Dear Steve,

Thanks again for your help on my personal EA. One quick, probably naive, question regarding downloading your EA's: Do I only have to download the mq4 files or are there other indicators and/or scripts needed to make the programs run?

Thank you.

William Klinglesmith

SteveHopwood Nov 5, 2011 8:07pm | Post# 892

Dear Steve,

Thanks again for your help on my personal EA. One quick, probably naive, question regarding downloading your EA's: Do I only have to download the mq4 files or are there other indicators and/or scripts needed to make the programs run?

Thank you.

William Klinglesmith
Sorry William. I missed this, or I would have answered you.

If my EA's need something else present to run, then post 1 in the relevant thread always tells you so.

BankRobber Nov 7, 2011 5:30am | Post# 893

Sorry William. I missed this, or I would have answered you.

If my EA's need something else present to run, then post 1 in the relevant thread always tells you so.

I'm really interested to contribute to CBI thread. I don't know anything about MT4 but i code strategies for NinjaTrader and as you may or may not know it has market replay. So my code has been replayed hundreds of times and polished to perfection.
Inserted Video

I could share some of my knowledge with the community but , unfortunately I can't post to your thread...

fmfx1 Nov 7, 2011 5:31am | Post# 894

Hello Steve,

I did a backtest with "Dsugums AC AO EA" and i noticed that the ea does'nt actually open trades according to the discription, i think the discription says Buy if AO AC turns gree and last bar is Red and vice versa for sell. The bot actually opend buy even when last bar before current bar is green.

Hope you find time to check it out.

Thanks

SnapTradeFX Nov 7, 2011 5:37am | Post# 895

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure if you'll read this, but being a newbie to this forum I can't PM anyone or post in the main thread.

I'm definitely not a newbie to MQL or trading though, and I've used your EA's to build a shell for indicator testing, and I've created mods for it to include ATR trailing stoplosses, lot sizing and many other things, however, I can't post them in the corresponding threads being unvouched for.

Anyway, I'd recommend putting in some type of ATR or other volatility based TP/SL for the CBI stuff. The current default TP/SL when using CBI to trade is bad. And to avoid having to adjust TP/SL to market volatility, we can use the volatility to calculate an appropriate one. We could also use the CBI value in the tick table to say, set a SL of half the 'jump' and the same TP, etc etc. I'll proceed to make those changes to your EA and post it in the thread if you'll buddy me

Cheers

todder Nov 8, 2011 12:34pm | Post# 896

Invalid handle error on every platform I try this on?

SteveHopwood Nov 8, 2011 7:44pm | Post# 897

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure if you'll read this, but being a newbie to this forum I can't PM anyone or post in the main thread.

I'm definitely not a newbie to MQL or trading though, and I've used your EA's to build a shell for indicator testing, and I've created mods for it to include ATR trailing stoplosses, lot sizing and many other things, however, I can't post them in the corresponding threads being unvouched for.

Anyway, I'd recommend putting in some type of ATR or other volatility based TP/SL for the CBI stuff. The current default TP/SL when...
You can post now. In future, I would advise against describing anything I do as 'bad', as in "The current default TP/SL when using CBI to trade is bad" from the above.

You may well think what I do is a mistake, but you have a long, long way to go here before you have the right to express this opinion in my threads. You have got away with it here because this is a say-what-you-like thread,

Actually, it isn't. It is an ask-what-you-like thread - not quite the same thingy, but I am cutting you some slack here. Annoy me in one of my restricted threads and I will send you off with a champion flaming.

Be useful or shut up.

SteveHopwood Nov 8, 2011 7:48pm | Post# 898

Invalid handle error on every platform I try this on?
Really? You didn't think to actually read post 1 in my Hanover thread, did you?

Sorry, but the previous poster here irritated me.

Let's start again.

You will find your issue addressed in post 1 of the Hanover thread should you care to read it properly.

MurphyMan Nov 8, 2011 7:59pm | Post# 899

Loss of memory

The computer's, - not mine. TOB has been running GREAT for me lately. Well, TOB kicks things off, then I often intervene and take profits before TOB thinks it time. Soon, I will post another inspirational performance chart. Thank you Steve!

Anyway, I have a VPS with basic service. 348RAM 20GB hard drive. I run two MT4 live accounts. I do all my demo trading on my home machine, not the VPS. The VPS is with Commercial Networking Systems.

I have 13 pairs running on my main account, and 8 pairs on my second account and TOB on all of them.

Lately, MT4 is hanging and I keep getting the waiting for the first tick..... notice.

My VPS blames not having enough RAM and naturally suggest the upgrade to $65/month. Are there any other suggestions? I guess I could delete a few pairs, but I was wondering if anything in the TOB settings might reduce memory usage. Any other tricks?

I'm not sure if the benefits of have a VPS outweigh the expense and tribulations.

Thanks.

SteveHopwood Nov 8, 2011 9:10pm | Post# 900

The computer's, - not mine. TOB has been running GREAT for me lately. Well, TOB kicks things off, then I often intervene and take profits before TOB thinks it time. Soon, I will post another inspirational performance chart. Thank you Steve!
One of the many problems involved with me being me is this:

1. I code a bot and post it
  2. I test a bot
  3. It works for a while
  4. Then it fails for a while
  5. Then I move on, because I only have a very limited testing capacity on my always-on lappy. If I actually made any money out of the damn robots I keep on churning out here at FF, I would be able to afford a decent testing machine. Doesn't seem to happen, somehow.

Tell you what MurphyMan, let's start a new thread.

1. You post here the version of TOB you have used to recover all your losses here, along with your set file.
  2. I will encode your setfile into the default TOB.
  3. We start a new thread dedicated to your trading of TOB:

1. Well, I say 'we' but only one of us can actually start the relevant thread.
    2. Also, I have the necessary violence in my soul to deal with the more dimwitted posters here. Ok, so you may have the NV, but you have not shown it so far.
    3. Post 1 of the new thread starts with something along the lines of: "This thread is dedicated to a trader who used a bot to recover all his earlier losses from failing to trade Forex successfully. He trades the attached robot and has recovered said losses by using it as he describes. Anybody dim enough to ignore this paragraph and post 'enhancements' suffers an instant flaming for stupidity, and banning from contibuting to all further SH/MM threads.

I am not joking here. Does this sound like A Plan to you? You could go down in FF folklore. PM me if you want to discuss this privately first.

Cheers

© Forex Factory