Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Nanningbob V5: Steve Hopwood's auto-trading robot (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=248297)

bluemele Sep 15, 2010 8:07am | Post# 701

I cannot see anything wrong. Check the ECN setting is correct for your crim (and remember IBFX is ECN nowadays).

Yah, no problems there.

I don't have the slow backtesting issue like Toothman, just no orders...

Interesting, will dig deeper...

SteveHopwood Sep 15, 2010 8:50am | Post# 702

Steve,
I have your bot set to consider only EA's #1 and#2. I can't figure out why it made this trade. It didn't wait for the 1MA to cross back inside the bands. See chart below. Also, I can't run your EA on the strategy tester. Very, very slow. Any thoughts. thanks
Nice one Toothy.

I have compared the code with that of the #2 sell. Somehow it has become garbled into ignoring the BB upper line and entering a trade when the 1 MA is above the BB upper line.

I am slightly confused now. Should the #2 enter a sell only when B < BB upper and Ma1 less than, not more than the Bb upper? Because if this is so, then everybody is using a faulty version of #2.

Toothman Sep 15, 2010 9:04am | Post# 703

Nice one Toothy.

I have compared the code with that of the #2 sell. Somehow it has become garbled into ignoring the BB upper line and entering a trade when the 1 MA is above the BB upper line.

I am slightly confused now. Should the #2 enter a sell only when B < BB upper and Ma1 less than, not more than the Bb upper? Because if this is so, then everybody is using a faulty version of #2.

Steve,
#2 shouldn't enter until 1MA crosses back inside the Bol. bands. This would be after price has reached the 6th line and RWB have gotten to extreme. Note: RWB may not still be at extreme(white usually moves out) at the time of the 1MA cross back but you would still want the EA to trade here.

jtmoore007 Sep 15, 2010 9:33am | Post# 704

Nice one Toothy.

this also happened to me yesterday on 2 different charts. #2 sell entered when 1ma was above the upper BB and didn't wait for the ma to cross it

but i was using the ea from manual system and not from here. but i assume the logic is the same for both

jtmoore007 Sep 15, 2010 11:50am | Post# 705

Steve - Small problem here.

Im using ibfx and getting error 130 - invalid stops. I saw where you mentioned ibfx is acting as ecn. so do i need to set ecn to true?

SteveHopwood Sep 15, 2010 11:52am | Post# 706

Steve - Small problem here.

Im using ibfx and getting error 130 - invalid stops. I saw where you mentioned ibfx is acting as ecn. so do i need to set ecn to true?
Yes.

obnoxious2 Sep 15, 2010 12:30pm | Post# 707

Because if this is so, then everybody is using a faulty version of #2.

Steve just looked through all my demo's history from the past 4+ weeks. I've never had a single #2 trade go off. Well no #2 trades went off when zone B trades were turned off.

Toothman Sep 15, 2010 1:05pm | Post# 708

1 Attachment(s)
Steve,
Here's another #2 trade that didn't wait for the MA cross. This happened this am. It actually opened the trade at the very start of that last candle.
Click to Enlarge

Name: ch3.gif
Size: 19 KB

jtmoore007 Sep 15, 2010 1:38pm | Post# 709

Yes.

ok, switched to ecn - true and still saying invalid stops

it is trying to do a #3 trade

SteveHopwood Sep 15, 2010 1:45pm | Post# 710

ok, switched to ecn - true and still saying invalid stops

it is trying to do a #3 trade
Don't know why.

SteveHopwood Sep 15, 2010 1:52pm | Post# 711

Steve,
Here's another #2 trade that didn't wait for the MA cross. This happened this am. It actually opened the trade at the very start of that last candle.
Ok, I have had a look at the code and compared it with the #2/3 code.

1. #2 is about as different as it could be, so I have replace the robot's code with that from #2. Mind, I am only assuming it is correct. This is not my code and it seems most strange to me. For sure, there seems to be no demand that the 1 MA moves inside the BB - the contrary, in fact.
  2. #3: I think the code simply got scrambled somehow, so I have replaced it with that from #3.

All I did with Bob's original was clean out the unwanted garbage; I do not actually understand how he decided on the conditions. No idea if this is all actually correct now, but as the code is now simply a copy of that from the #x ea's and nobody is complaining about those, then it should be. We shall see. Update in post 1.

scooby-doo Sep 15, 2010 2:38pm | Post# 712

You will see some more BOJ intervention during the Asian session, although not on the same scale as the last 24 hours. So expect to see some decent retraces towards the end of the Asian trading session when London opens tomorrow.

Good luck.

Scoobs.

squalou Sep 15, 2010 4:12pm | Post# 713

You will see some more BOJ intervention during the Asian session, although not on the same scale as the last 24 hours. So expect to see some decent retraces towards the end of the Asian trading session when London opens tomorrow.

Good luck.

Scoobs.
Thanks Scoobs... that was an Asian session of a kind !!!

I'll get the LBO2 EA ready...

SQ

SteveHopwood Sep 15, 2010 5:13pm | Post# 714

Ok, I sent Bob a pm asking for an update about #3 coding. Here it is, and his reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHopwood
Hi Bob

Over in the auto-trader thread, we have discovered that my #3 code is wrong.

Yet, when I look at the #3 Bulge code, it makes no sense and I am confused. Could you please the conditions that #3 should meet before triggering a trade, so I can correct everything.

Cheers

Bob's reply:

There are two conditions for the trade Price must be greater than the 4 MA high (sell) or less than the 4MA Low (buy) and the 1 MA must be inside the BB.

The confusion maybe because the chart shows a 3 MA by mistake. Never realized I had it different before. http://cdn.forexfactory.com/images/s.../yim/happy.gif Well in version 5.4 will have to correct that.
For a sell:
4 MA high LWMA no shift
If Bid is greater than this and the 1MA Median is less than the upper BB: enter sell.
Var1 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_H4, 1, 0, MODE_LWMA, PRICE_MEDIAN, 0);
Var2 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_H4, 4, 0, MODE_LWMA, PRICE_LOW, 0);

if(Bid < Var2 && Var1 > BbLower)

For a buy: 4 MA LOW LWMA no shift
If Bid is less than the 3MA and the 1MA Median is greater than the lower BB: Enter buy.

Var1 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_H4, 1, 0, MODE_LWMA, PRICE_MEDIAN, 0);
Var3 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_H4, 4, 0, MODE_LWMA, PRICE_HIGH, 0);
if(Bid > Var3 && Var1 < BbUpper)

I wrote the code this way so I wouldnt get any entrances until price definitely had come back inside the BB bands. I can turn on the EA early and go to work. For example the JPY runs are outside the BB but I could turn on the EA and let it run. It would wait until price definitely had come back inside the BB and then enter when it hits a high.
____

So, I have made the requisite changes to the bot and placed the update in post 1.

None of this means anything at all to me. If any of you here can sort out whether the bot now has the correct damn code or not, then I would be eternally grateful.

I haven't the foggiest idea, couldn't give a damn and have lost the will to live.

Invisible Sep 15, 2010 5:18pm | Post# 715

@ Scooby

The NYT quotes a Japanese government spokesperson as saying that the trigger point for intervention was the 82 level on the USDJPY. Do you think that this might tempt market players like Soros and his crowd to try to drive the price to that point again since the BoJ have now clearly said that this is their line in the sand?

Toothman Sep 15, 2010 5:59pm | Post# 716

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I have had a look at the code and compared it with the #2/3 code.

1. #2 is about as different as it could be, so I have replace the robot's code with that from #2. Mind, I am only assuming it is correct. This is not my code and it seems most strange to me. For sure, there seems to be no demand that the 1 MA moves inside the BB - the contrary, in fact.
  2. #3: I think the code simply got scrambled somehow, so I have replaced it with that from #3.

All I did with Bob's original was clean out the unwanted garbage; I do not actually...

Steve,
This is strange. I haven't changed to the update in post 1 and the last trade entered at the correct price. It was on the NZD/JPY.
Click to Enlarge

Name: aa.gif
Size: 19 KB

SteveHopwood Sep 15, 2010 6:03pm | Post# 717

Steve,
This is strange. I haven't changed to the update in post 1 and the last trade entered at the correct price. It was on the NZD/JPY.
Not even the vaguest, dimmest hint of a clue why.

scooby-doo Sep 15, 2010 6:23pm | Post# 718

@ Scooby

The NYT quotes a Japanese government spokesperson as saying that the trigger point for intervention was the 82 level on the USDJPY. Do you think that this might tempt market players like Soros and his crowd to try to drive the price to that point again since the BoJ have now clearly said that this is their line in the sand?
With all respect I wouldnt read too much into what "A Japanese Government Spokeperson" say's to the media regarding the YEN.

Previously they stated at every oppertunity that they did not participate in financial markets too strengthen or weaken the YEN.

But everyone knew they did on a daily basis between 2007 and 2009

The 82 level is their line in the sand at the moment but that will change as their economy changes.

This ofcourse is good news for their exports but it means they will have a weaker YEN when buying/importing Oil etc, so it will be interesting to see what happens to CADJPY.

Scoobs.

Toothman Sep 15, 2010 6:29pm | Post# 719

Not even the vaguest, dimmest hint of a clue why.

You crack me up.

obnoxious2 Sep 15, 2010 6:35pm | Post# 720

Steve,
Did you not change it at all today? Steve's updated post 1 twice now...

© Forex Factory