Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Nanningbob V5: Steve Hopwood's auto-trading robot (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=248297)

TallCoolOne Sep 12, 2010 8:13pm | Post# 661

maxou88

Hi Max,

Your version of the EA seems to have a lot of potential. When I backtest it on 15 min charts, it takes off and makes a ton of profit. Then it seems to hang and not take any trades. I start testing on 1/1/2009 and work forward from that. Do you have an insight as to why the EA may get hung. I didn't have any issues testing Steve's EA. I think your EA will be great...but not ready to put it on a live account until I see it trade through 18 mos worth of data. Thanks so much for your hard work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

SteveHopwood Sep 12, 2010 8:34pm | Post# 662

Hi Max,

Your version of the EA seems to have a lot of potential. When I backtest it on 15 min charts, it takes off and makes a ton of profit....
Sorry to be brutal, but only a dimwit puts anything on a live account on the basis of backtesting.

Just don't do it, ok? If you insist on doing so, then expect to lose all your money. The only thing that backtesting does is prove the basic code is correct. Even then, it can fail to throw up major faults.

TallCoolOne Sep 12, 2010 8:46pm | Post# 663

advice

Well thanks Steve, brutal as usual. Of course I would demo test the hell out it going forward. But if I can't get it to bloody work in backtesting..I really can't consider at all for a live account. I need it work smoothly in back testing and forward testing. Thanks for all your hard work. I should have made my intentions clear.

Eric

SteveHopwood Sep 12, 2010 8:57pm | Post# 664

Well thanks Steve, brutal as usual. Of course I would demo test the hell out it going forward. But if I can't get it to bloody work in backtesting..I really can't consider at all for a live account. I need it work smoothly in back testing and forward testing. Thanks for all your hard work. I should have made my intentions clear.

Eric
Just checking. I generally find it best to cut the crap. Not everybody knows what they are doing. Glad you do.

Cheers

obnoxious2 Sep 12, 2010 10:51pm | Post# 665

Steve I believe the double order thingy has officially been fixed. I'm running the current verison on page 1 and I've been getting alot of popup errors of error(0) but no multiple trades placed.

Just one thing I wish with replacing a new version on top of the old one. I had EURAUD left over from last week and then I switched over to this updated EA so it placed another buy order. That would be fine except the old T/P was also changed to the new T/P. No lot increasement though so I don't believe that was recovery kicking in since I'm running 1.2.4.

Invisible Sep 12, 2010 11:37pm | Post# 666

@maxou

v34 has had 2 AUDJJPY #3 bulge trades triggered at the same time (04:00 FXDD time). This is on demo H4 charts.

Seems like a double-order issue on this latest version from you.

Timing of the trades looks excellent, though.

sundog Sep 13, 2010 12:54am | Post# 667

Max, I have version 34 on,

Reading off the screen, the BE is at 10 (100) and presently the trade is up at 800, but the BE hasn't been set.

The rest looks good though.

Cheers

macman Sep 13, 2010 3:34am | Post# 668

version 34 glitch

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Max,

Picked up a possible bug on version 34 - AdaptLotSizeForEachPair =true; threw a wobbly on GU this morning.

Screen shot shows the problem which was throwing up an 'Invalid Trade Volume' error.

The journal had no further clues -
Click to Enlarge

Name: GU_max34_error.png
Size: 33 KB

maxou888 Sep 13, 2010 4:04am | Post# 669

1 Attachment(s)
I have many problems with the last version
Looking at terminal/experts I saw this (see picture)
Actually I have a doubt, may be the ea running on a pair try to modify order of another pair ?
Really I don't understand. I have bug and I don't find where
Click to Enlarge

Name: prob.jpg
Size: 200 KB

maxou888 Sep 13, 2010 4:12am | Post# 670

STEVE

I have a question.
In the start() module, we select order by ticket. Is it enought ? I am afraid that the ea take the last ticket, dont' care which symbol, but how to be sure it's for the right symbol ?
Sorry may be the question is stupid but I have a doubt.

SteveHopwood Sep 13, 2010 4:38am | Post# 671

STEVE

I have a question.
In the start() module, we select order by ticket. Is it enought ? I am afraid that the ea take the last ticket, dont' care which symbol, but how to be sure it's for the right symbol ?
Sorry may be the question is stupid but I have a doubt.
CountOpenTrades() only sets the ticket number if the trade's OrderSymbol() == Symbol().

I coded it this way deliberately so that the bot would always be working with the most recent trade. If no trade exists, then TicketNo will be 0.

maxou888 Sep 13, 2010 10:17am | Post# 672

1 Attachment(s)
Help !
How you can explain this ??? :
I was looking why I get endless the alert "EURAUD order modify failed"
I checked the code and display some variables and I found :
- the TP calculation by the code is correct (ie recovery_profit) = 1.3961
- The TP of the 2 trades are already set to 1.3961 (look at terminal / trading)
- But when the code reads the ordertakeprofit() the result is 1.3960 !!! (look upper left of the chart)

So because OrderTakeProfit() != NewTake (1 pips) we continue endless to run the routine ModifyTakeProfit()
Click to Enlarge

Name: euraud.jpg
Size: 515 KB

maxou888 Sep 13, 2010 10:53am | Post# 673

STEVE,

forget my previous post, I have create new spy and now the OrderTakeProfit () is correct (true value)
but I still have endless run of ModifyTakeProfit()
I deleted the line if (!OrderSelect(cc, SELECT_BY_POS) ) continue; and now it seems OK

I don't understand what this line is doing, so what do you think ??

Cheers
Max

arbinka Sep 13, 2010 1:55pm | Post# 674

Max,
The reason for the repeated modify is because Modify returns error code 1 which means "NO ERROR"! The solution that I have suggested few post ago was
as follow:
{ if (!OrderSelect(cc, SELECT_BY_POS) ) continue;
if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && OrderTakeProfit() != NewTake)
{ bool result = OrderModify(OrderTicket(), OrderOpenPrice(), OrderStopLoss(), NewTake, OrderExpiration(), CLR_NONE);
if (!result&&GetLastError()>1) TpMoved = false; // TpMoved = false only if error code larger then 1
}//if (OrderTakeProfit() != NewTake)
}//for (int cc = OrdersTotal() -1; cc >= 0; cc--)

maxou888 Sep 13, 2010 2:47pm | Post# 675

Max,
The reason for the repeated modify is because Modify returns error code 1 which means "NO ERROR"! The solution that I have suggested few post ago was
as follow:
Thanks i will try that

SteveHopwood Sep 13, 2010 5:38pm | Post# 676

Max,
as follow:...
Fabulous again. Thanks.

DXTrade Sep 14, 2010 12:45am | Post# 677

Reminder

Probably. Keep reminding me.

LOL... here we go:
Swap calculation in the BE recovery...

CanuckCT Sep 14, 2010 4:46am | Post# 678

So Max,
Not a single trade from your EAs since Sept 6. any ideas?
Cheers
CanuckCT

macman Sep 14, 2010 4:52am | Post# 679

So Max,
Not a single trade from your EAs since Sept 6. any ideas?
Cheers
CanuckCT
Try a different broker?

Both v25 & v34 taking trades here ....

SteveHopwood Sep 14, 2010 4:57am | Post# 680

LOL... here we go:
Swap calculation in the BE recovery...
I just checked; swap is already included in the calculation.

This calculation is made just once, when the recovery trade is sent. I imagine that swap costs are considerable if you are trading large lot sizes, so I will work out how to make the bot adjust the tp daily, to reflect these costs.

I just need to work out how.

© Forex Factory