Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   Nanningbob 4h trading system ver. 5.0 (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/246113-nanningbob-4h-trading-system-ver-50)

nanningbob Jul 19, 2010 7:33pm | Post# 21

OK lets play enter and play in the mud. Slow day. Per previous post thinking about the MPTM usage. USD/CAD interest rate change. I expect the CAD to increase in value with the planned change so want to play the CAD currencies that way.
RESULTS
eur/cad +25
usd/cad +25 twice
Sells
aud/cad #1 did not enter
eur/jpy #1

Buys
gbp/jpy #1 Did not enter switched to #3 EA
nzd/jpy #1
usd/chf #1 Did not enter switched EA off
usd/jpy #1 Did not enter switched to #3 EA
STILL IN OR REENTERD
eur/aud #2 -84
eur/cad #2 -8
eur/gbp #2 -60
eur/nzd #2 -160
eur/usd #3 -3
usd/cad #2 -37 (after hitting the mptm twice I manually entered this trade and turned the MPTM off.
TOTALS
total for day +75
for the week +75
for the month +75
Carry over -352

The info below is going to be changed but I still post this as a guide. Currency info is going to be based on the weekly instead of daily volatility. So it will change. Weekly volatility was added to post 1

CURRENCIES AND OTHER INFO.

I am going to divide currencies into 4 groupings. Slow, medium, moderate volitility, extreme volitility. 2nd level reentry numbers are suggestions.

SLOW CURRENCY GROUP: 150 reentry

AUD/NZD, CHF/JPY, EUR/GBP, EUR/CHF, NZD/USD, USD/JPY, USD/SGD, USD/HKD

MEDIUM GROUP: 150-200 reentry

AUD/CAD, AUD/USD, EUR/CAD, EUR/USD, NZD/JPY, NZD/CHF, USD/CAD,

MODERATE VOLATILE GROUP. 200 reentry

AUD/CHF, AUD/JPY, EUR/AUD, EUR/JPY, GBP/USD, USD/CHF

VOLATILE (USE WITH CAUTION OR GO 250 OR 300 ON THE REENTRIES. 200+ reentry

GBP/CHF, GBP/JPY, EUR/NZD

DO NOT RECOMMEND LIST 300+ reentry

If you want practice with the 2.4.2 recovery system use the GBP/NZD. I have been using 300 pip reentries with the gbp/nzd successfully

GBP/NZD, GBP/AUD, GBP/CAD

astral77 Jul 19, 2010 7:52pm | Post# 22

Reentry section is section 5 which I am working on... FXSol UK the minute I turn on the MPTM they will automatically hit the new SL/TP every time. I am guaranteed that if I set the +10 it will almost 100% of the time go get it...
As STEVE says CRIMINALS. There is consenous regarding SL hunting by criminal brokers. I used to love the way mptm used to harvest the pips especially in a ranging market (eg range of 40 pips, around 12 to 15 trades of 10 pip profit each). Look forward to your new ideas regarding reentry.

Kind regards

P.s. Does the SL hunting take place regardless of having set the "Hide Break Even Stop" feature of mptm to TRUE?

nanningbob Jul 19, 2010 7:55pm | Post# 23

ADD chf/jpy #1 buy I missed that one.

earthca Jul 20, 2010 10:45am | Post# 24

question on #3 EA

1 Attachment(s)
Bob, could you help to explain about and #3 inidicator and EA? I am wondering how the NBBulge Sell inidicator is derived. Is it just another BB with faster parameters?

I dont understand the entry of this #EA in attached chart. It does not seem like a entry near resistent level.

Click to Enlarge

Name: ea#3.gif
Size: 21 KB

astral77 Jul 20, 2010 11:18am | Post# 25

Bob, could you help to explain about and #3 inidicator and EA? I am wondering how the NBBulge Sell inidicator is derived. Is it just another BB with faster parameters?

I dont understand the entry of this #EA in attached chart. It does not seem like a entry near resistent level.

Attachment
Well spotted, We were just discussing this on the 4H thread. there seems to be a problem with the logic of the Bulge EA .

Kind Regards

nanningbob Jul 20, 2010 6:05pm | Post# 26

Discontinue using the Bulge EA. It is going to need a rewrite and reworking of the logic. I worked on it for about 2 hours last night and I have a working alternative. Want to test it for the day before posting it.

nanningbob Jul 20, 2010 6:32pm | Post# 27

Good day nice results. Closed a couple of trades too early could have hung in there on some of those CAD trades. I will fix the Bulge EA today, putting in carpet in my school this morning then have the afternoon free. I will take a 500 pip day any day.
RESULTS
gbp/jpy +26 Got a bad entrance off of the #3 EA but made a profit see previous post on the #3 EA
usd/jpy +23 (see note on gbp/jpy)
eur/aud #2 +121
eur/cad #2 +159
eur/gbp #2 +4
eur/nzd #2 +73
eur/usd #3 +72
usd/cad #2 +73
Sells
aud/jpy #1 (SEE PIC BELOW)
AUD/USD #1
eur/jpy #1
eur/usd #1

Buys
usd/chf #1

STILL IN OR NOT ENTERD

aud/cad #1 -18
chf/jpy did not enter
eur/jpy #1 did not enter
nzd/jpy #1 did not enter, turned off for now
usd/chf #1 Did not enter

TOTALS
total for day +551
for the week +626
for the month +626
Carry over -18

The info below is going to be changed but I still post this as a guide. Currency info is going to be based on the weekly instead of daily volatility. So it will change. Weekly volatility was added to post 1

CURRENCIES AND OTHER INFO.

I am going to divide currencies into 4 groupings. Slow, medium, moderate volitility, extreme volitility. 2nd level reentry numbers are suggestions.

SLOW CURRENCY GROUP: 150 reentry

AUD/NZD, CHF/JPY, EUR/GBP, EUR/CHF, NZD/USD, USD/JPY, USD/SGD, USD/HKD

MEDIUM GROUP: 150-200 reentry

AUD/CAD, AUD/USD, EUR/CAD, EUR/USD, NZD/JPY, NZD/CHF, USD/CAD,

MODERATE VOLATILE GROUP. 200 reentry

AUD/CHF, AUD/JPY, EUR/AUD, EUR/JPY, GBP/USD, USD/CHF

VOLATILE (USE WITH CAUTION OR GO 250 OR 300 ON THE REENTRIES. 200+ reentry

GBP/CHF, GBP/JPY, EUR/NZD

DO NOT RECOMMEND LIST 300+ reentry

If you want practice with the 2.4.2 recovery system use the GBP/NZD. I have been using 300 pip reentries with the gbp/nzd successfully

GBP/NZD, GBP/AUD, GBP/CAD

nanningbob Jul 20, 2010 6:34pm | Post# 28

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of a secondary trade using the #1 EA. AUD/JPY trade.
Click to Enlarge

Name: aud jpy.gif
Size: 29 KB

nanningbob Jul 20, 2010 6:36pm | Post# 29

1 Attachment(s)
Here is pic showing a GBP/CHF trade. I am not taking it because the RWB lines are not matching up with the 6ths indicator and BB. They show sell and BB shows buy. Dont like these kind of mixed signals. This does show a breakout potential of some kind. Anyone want to guess which way, the BB bands are very narrow ?????
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbp chf.gif
Size: 26 KB

nanningbob Jul 20, 2010 6:45pm | Post# 30

1 Attachment(s)
This is kind of crazy but I put the #1 EA Sell on the gbp/usd just in case it does a spike to the BB. One chance in a million but someone has to win the lottery. Did I really make over 600 pips in two days with this system? I bet if I put a poll up I would get negative votes. LOL
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbp usd.gif
Size: 21 KB

nanningbob Jul 20, 2010 8:22pm | Post# 31

Scooby Doo gave this heads up:

Nothing todo with this system but.....be very carefull trading any system with real money going into Friday as Eurozone bank stress test data will be published. What the fcuk does that mean I here some asking....

It means everyone will find out how good/bad the levels of European bank debt is.

Every day we gamble (to some extent) but I think on Friday I will place some HUGE....HUGE....HUGE....HUGE....NO BIG....NO BIGGER trades.

Scoobs.

nanningbob Jul 20, 2010 8:26pm | Post# 32

Scooby Doo gave this heads up:

Nothing todo with this system but.....be very carefull trading any system with real money going into Friday as Eurozone bank stress test data will be published. What the fcuk does that mean I here some asking....

It means everyone will find out how good/bad the levels of European bank debt is.

Every day we gamble (to some extent) but I think on Friday I will place some HUGE....HUGE....HUGE....HUGE....NO BIG....NO BIGGER trades.

Scoobs.
Thanks for the heads up. I definitely wont be going long Euro thats for sure. I have read many articles of how some people are expecting the dollar and Euro to become equal 1:1 but then again I never trade those guys comments because it is usually the opposite and they are just trying to set up the rookies for a fall. Anyway will keep a wary eye out. Appreciate it very much when people bring up potential news that can really alter the markets.

astral77 Jul 20, 2010 9:00pm | Post# 33

OVER 500 pips in less than 48 hours, way to go version 5

1 Attachment(s)
Please find attached reults of my IBFX account for the last 2 days using version 5. for some reason with IBFX SWitch over to 5 digits everything has gone haywire with them. I could not get mt4 to produce a report so I just copied the screen and pasted it to a word document. As you can see, made just over $100 using between 10 to 20 cents per lot. Therefore, over 500 pips profit. The combination of BB and sixths indicator is just pure genius and if these results are not a one off, but a preview of things to come then we have very profitable days and months ahead of us.

I still have not adapted fully to the H4 trading mentality and as you can see by constantly moving the SL I use it as a method of TP. If some of these trades were allowed t run the profit would have been even larger.

We all owe a big thank you to BOB for all his hard work, his genius, his industry and his love of teaching. Please ensure you give this system 5 STAR rating if you agree with my analysis.

kind regards
results NB H4 Ver5 19 to 20 jul 2010.doc

laharjaya Jul 20, 2010 10:12pm | Post# 34

can we turn on ea before we get any signal ?

scottyds Jul 20, 2010 11:08pm | Post# 35

Thanks Nanningbob

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Nanningbob.

Thank you for the marvelous work in creating this system.

I studied forex trading for 4 Months, Demo traded for 2 Months with Moderate success, Paid $300.00 for a flaky system, Went live with a $300.00 in a US cents account and promptly lost a 3rd of my account in a day.

I stumbled on your system from Steve's MPTM thread and in 1 week of conservatively nervous trading I have recovered my account. The only loss was a 30c loss when I accidentally closed the trade. (too much whisky after a South African Braai (Barbecue))

You kind Sir are a true genius.

Attached is an excerpt from my trade log.
V5 Success.xls

nanningbob Jul 20, 2010 11:11pm | Post# 36

can we turn on ea before we get any signal ?
Yes, I did with the GBP/USD pic a couple of posts back and stated why I did it. The #1 EA will not enter a trade until price hits the line so the EA is safe until then, or should be (knock on wood). Sometimes you know a news story is going to go a certain way (or you think it will) so you turn on the EA to catch the move. If it doenst go the way you planned you are not in the trade. If it does BINGO.

laharjaya Jul 21, 2010 12:18am | Post# 37

nan

could we running #1ea sell and #1ea buy in one acc. for one pair in different chart.

nanningbob Jul 21, 2010 12:33am | Post# 38

nan

could we running #1ea sell and #1ea buy in one acc. for one pair in different chart.
Yes you can put the #1 buy and the #1 sell on one pair using two charts but if you want them both to work you must change the magic number on one of them to another number. For example one magic number could be 1 and the other be 11. If you dont have different Magic numbers the first one that enters will trade and the other EA wont work. This idea would work in ranging markets very well but in todays market of high volatility and news it would be difficult. If you just plan on using SL then you would be safe but you would have a problem with the EA reentering after a stop loss because it probably would still qualify as a trade. If you plan on multi level trading you are going to be on the wrong end of a long run sooner or later. If you added a MA cross off of the BB the idea probably would work better. I did this with the AUD/NZD pair successfully for a long time but after the OCT. 2008 the market has been just too news jumpy and made that type of trading difficult. You could read about this strategy on 'Trading the aud/nzd successfully' if you want to know more of this kind of trading.

laharjaya Jul 21, 2010 4:34am | Post# 39

sorry bob

i just want to clear about ur ea

from what u state above

that mean #ea2 and #ea3 also can running at same time with #ea1 in one acc. for 1 pair.

mistersimple Jul 21, 2010 4:45am | Post# 40

Yes you can .
u re incredible man!

coudl u pls explain in weekly facts the last column ..what is 2000-5 .... ?

© Forex Factory