Nanningbob 4h trading system ver. 5.0
How are people doing with this system after over a year. P. 265 posts 3969 to 3971 are a couple of testimonies. It takes time to learn but they found it worth it. Over 30,000 downloads and you dont have to pay a penny but you do have to practice and learn.
PAGE 50 POST 744 I GIVE MY 1 YEAR REPORT TRADING VERSIONS 1-5 FROM AUG. 16, 2009 TO AUG. 16, 2010.
10 WINNING MONTHS AND HAD 2 LOSING MONTHS TOTAL PIPS WON IN ONE YEAR = 19,276
AND THAT WAS POSTING EVERY TRADE BEFORE I TOOK THEM.
JULY 2010 ONLY 2 WEEKS TRADING THIS METHOD +2121 p.21 post #304
AUG 2010 + 4602 p. 89 post 1332
OK The first 3 sections of version 5 are ready. I have tried to make sure everything works but please demo the different sections to make sure they work properly with your broker. There are so many people to thank for getting us this far. I really don't know where to begin. It has been a group effort.
This is a complete system which will give you a trading plan. You will know what to do no matter what the market may do to you. As I have done in my previous thread I will post my trades everyday so you can follow along and learn the system through both good times and bad. Here it is version 5.0 the first 3 sections. Sections 4 and 5 will take another week or so to finish up.
I have decided to color code my updates so they are easier to find in the future. Updates will be in Deep Purple and other comments will be other colors. This will help you spot them quicker.
1. Version 5.2 has been added with all the current updates. All previous updates and versions have been removed. If I didnt make any changes I kept the 5.0 in the name. If the name has 5.2 that means it was updated. All EAs and MPTMs are Steve Hopwoods and replaced all the previous versions. I made detailed comments about the changes in the read first booklet. There are two sections A and B. Discussion of 5.2 will start on P. 23
2. Weekly currency fact sheet is now ready. Shows the percentage a currency will move in one week for 28 currency pairs. I have color coded them into 5 major groups and showed them in groups of 300, 600, 900, and 1200 pip moves in a week. I think this will help you see the different types of volatility in a currency group.
3. When to take profit is discussed p. 5 post 64
4. One traders story p. 5 post 73
5. P7 post 91 currency pair volatility groupings, which ones I trade and which ones I dont.
6. Marshy has donated a Simple Forex risk calculator. Hopefully this will help in determining your lot levels. I use ten cents per thousand or one penny per hundred. If you want to trade one dollar lots you need 10,000 in the bank.
7. pg10 posts 136-140 nice compliment and usage of #3EA 5.1
8. pg 43 and 44 there are several compliments from traders about the system.
9. #4 EA is better explained pg. 44 posts 647 and 648.
10. Margin and Take Profit is discussed P. 46 posts 667 and 668.
11. 5.3 updates is now ready for download, improvements are explained inside the folder. If you have a #7 EA that says 25.2.2 the update is 25.2.3 The coding is not different for entering trades but the comment section was wrong in the Sell EA. I have corrected it and now it also has the 200 pip line added when a trade is entered. So the correct #7 is the 25.2.3 not the 25.2.2 Sorry for the mistake. 26 people have downloaded that version. But the EA coding section has not changed so the EAs will both do the same thing but 25.2.2 has one missing feature that is all.
12. P. 264 posts 3946 and 3947 I explain how to undo a hedge. P. 267 posts 3991 and 3992 I help someone live with their hedge trade.
13. Added range of pairs, excel worksheet. This will give you an idea of how many pips a pair ranges since Oct. 2008 and April, 2009. The more volatile the bigger the number.
14. I upgraded my recovery system to 10.0 pages 274 to 275, posts 4107 to 4111.
RANGES OF PAIRS.xls
Looks intersting will digg this more.
Here is a live NZD/USD recovery trade which I will close when the market opens. I was in HK so I left the trade run. You may ask how could i leave a trade run like this but I trade small enough lots that my account would never be in danger. Here is the first trade entrance. Price had pulled away from the upper BB band so I turned the EA on and it entered. This is my L1 trade. It is a secondary trade playing off of the primary trade of two weeks ago. Kind of a stretch but I took it. Looked good at the time especially with the spike. Price spikes often show price reversal but not all the time. This was one of those not all the time.
Well the trade never did get into profit so I let it run and I have a 2nd entrance which the MPTM took a +10 on. Later it entered again and this time price had a nice run. My third trade is now +176 and my first trade is -51 pips for a total of +125 add the +10 from the 2nd trade for a total pip profit on this series of trades of +135. If you think in series of trades rather than the one in, one out of most systems you can turn a negative trade that went -252 pips in the hole into profitable or break evens. When a trade gets 150-250 in the hole I look for that 2nd entrance to get back to break even. Here is how this one panned out over a week's period of time. The whole trade sequence was actually a week and a half. Not a bad deal.
Each trade used a different EA. Each trade had its own Magic number and each trade had its own MPTM managing the trade. Both the blue and white lines are on the bottom so its a good time to close the trade. When the blue runs tight with the white line that indicates a strong move so you stay with the trade. If the white goes to the bottom but the blue does not then close when the white hits the bottom. The MPTM correctly closed the #2 trade because there was not strong move there.
To get the #1 EA to work again off of the BB bands I went into the EA and changed its magic number to 5. So the same EA can be used again if you change the Magic number. I did not use the MPTM because I wanted it to run. It did so I am happy. I did not look for my 2nd level reentry until that first trade is over 150 pips in the hole on slower currencies 2-250 on more volatile ones.
Will you be doing hedging when you have a trade in the hole?
I was under the impression that only one EA could run on one chart at a time. Can more than one EA run at a time? How do you know if the first one is running if you add a second one? When I tried this once I see the first smiley face disappear and replaced with the name of the second EA installed.
At the present I do not hedge except in emergencies or I just found out a news story is going to go badly against me. Hedging is a tricky thing to undo.
I will use my previous format for trades and adjust over time with what will work best. I put possible trades and what EA I plan to use with them. You can pick and choose which ones you think you like best. Good luck.
eur/aud #2 when there is separation
STILL IN OR REENTERD
total for day
for the week
for the month
CURRENCIES AND OTHER INFO.I am going to divide currencies into 4 groupings. Slow, medium, moderate volitility, extreme volitility. 2nd level reentry numbers are suggestions.
SLOW CURRENCY GROUP: 150 reentry
AUD/NZD, CHF/JPY, EUR/GBP, EUR/CHF, NZD/USD, USD/JPY, USD/SGD, USD/HKD
MEDIUM GROUP: 150-200 reentry
AUD/CAD, AUD/USD, EUR/CAD, EUR/USD, NZD/JPY, NZD/CHF, USD/CAD,
MODERATE VOLATILE GROUP. 200 reentry
AUD/CHF, AUD/JPY, EUR/AUD, EUR/JPY, GBP/USD, USD/CHF
VOLATILE (USE WITH CAUTION OR GO 250 OR 300 ON THE REENTRIES. 200+ reentry
GBP/CHF, GBP/JPY, EUR/NZD
DO NOT RECOMMEND LIST 300+ reentryIf you want practice with the 2.4.2 recovery system use the GBP/NZD. I have been using 300 pip reentries with the gbp/nzd successfully
GBP/NZD, GBP/AUD, GBP/CAD
Please pardon this new guy here. Does EA means robots? I've been trying to find the definition online just can't quite match with the search engine.
sorry , i'm new here
Can we assume this symbol # refer to number EA
did u just running 1 EA per pair ?
I notice that you have kept refrences to MPTM (Multi Purpose Trade Manager) in Version 5 but you have not elaborated on its usage. For sake of new readers it may be agood idea to include a document in the use of MPTM with your system.
I notice that with the new EAs (Expert Advisers) for version 5, the previous feature of automatic trade reentry after closure is no longer in force. The reentry only happens if the conditions are satisfied once more.
MPTM is going to become optional. Since I have switched to FXSol UK the minute I turn on the MPTM they will automatically hit the new SL/TP every time. I am guaranteed that if I set the +10 it will almost 100% of the time go get it. So for me I may decide not to use it. I am trying some new numbers, like 40/25 and ............. yup you got it they hit the +25. So I may go without it with this broker. I am better off letting hit a TP +40 rather than going with a +25. I dont want to miss the big moves when they happen so that is my dilemma with FXSol.
© Forex Factory