Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Building an equity millipede (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=245149)

ananthhh Dec 20, 2011 1:59am | Post# 5101

journal application

hi all,

I know that more people around here in this thread are looking for efficient journal management system.
Am planning to create a java based application exclusively for building an equity millepede.
Based on your response here i will decide whether to create a web based or windows based application.
If i get more response here then i will create a web based application.
Waiting for all your responses.

regards
ananth

chick3n420 Dec 20, 2011 2:24am | Post# 5102

hi all,

I know that more people around here in this thread are looking for efficient journal management system.
Am planning to create a java based application exclusively for building an equity millepede.
Based on your response here i will decide whether to create a web based or windows based application.

regards
ananth
I'm interested. Will this program be manual or automatic input from our trading platform?

P.S. I'm still waiting for Graeme's return.

ananthhh Dec 20, 2011 2:33am | Post# 5103

I'm interested. Will this program be manual or automatic input from our trading platform?

P.S. I'm still waiting for Graeme's return.
hi chick3n,

good to see your interest.
currently am planning for manual entry.
i wlll be starting a new thread soon if i get enough response, where all suggestions are heard, answered and appropriate suggestions are implemented.
Am planning to finish this application by feb-2012.

regads
ananth

fosters Dec 20, 2011 2:52am | Post# 5104

web-based should be preferable considering some might not be using windows. More-so, it will prevent it being localized to a single pc.

Please try to repeat the request in January when people are back from the holidays for better responses.
hi chick3n,

good to see your interest.
currently am planning for manual entry.
i wlll be starting a new thread soon if i get enough response, where all suggestions are heard, answered and appropriate suggestions are implemented.
Am planning to finish this application by feb-2012.

regads
ananth

ananthhh Dec 20, 2011 2:59am | Post# 5105

web-based should be preferable considering some might not be using windows. More-so, it will prevent it being localized to a single pc.

Please try to repeat the request in January when people are back from the holidays for better responses.
thanks for your suggestion fosters,
Initially i decided to create an application for my personal use.
Only today i got this thought.

Am also in a holiday mood.
And sure i will repeat the request in jan too.

regards
ananth.

Mjolnir17 Dec 20, 2011 3:30am | Post# 5106

ananth, I'm interested !
Merry Christmas !

Zol.

ananthhh Dec 20, 2011 4:21am | Post# 5107

ananth, I'm interested !
Merry Christmas !

Zol.
Good to see your interest.
Merry christmas Zol.

regards
ananth

miekra Dec 20, 2011 8:07am | Post# 5108

Journal for equity millipede

Hi ananthhh,

I'm interested.

Web based java application would be ideal solution.

Marry Xmas to All

Kind Regards
miekra

ananthhh Dec 20, 2011 8:40am | Post# 5109

Hi ananthhh,

I'm interested.

Web based java application would be ideal solution.

Marry Xmas to All

Kind Regards
miekra
Good to see your interest miekra.

Not to divert this thread's theme and to keep the integrity of this thread i created a new thread exclusively for this application development with the poll.
Address is available in my signature.
Everyone who are interested please respond to that thread.

regards
ananth

giapel Dec 20, 2011 9:12am | Post# 5110

hi all,

regards
ananth
i am interested to application and forward test it to share performance
Marry Xmas to All
regards
giapel

ananthhh Dec 20, 2011 10:15am | Post# 5111

regarding journal

hi everyone,

Please share your suggestion about the journal application in the thread exclusively made for that.
You can find the link in my signature.
I don't want to mess up this wonderful thread with these contents.

regards
ananth

qqsamudra Dec 24, 2011 2:14pm | Post# 5112

Good Stuff

A lot Of Good Stuffs On this thread, I am Not done yet to read whole the pages, it's really interesting..

Good Luck Every One

regards..

qas

spyderman Jan 16, 2012 7:48pm | Post# 5113

New EA for Equity Millipede

5 Attachment(s)
Hey Boys and Girls,

Our old friend Sir Steve Hopwood has put together an interesting EA based on Graeme's round number technique. Slap it on a demo and give it a try.
Graeme.ex4
Graeme.mq4
AllAverages_v2.1 cc.ex4
AllAverages_v2.1 cc.mq4
Shell User Guide.pdf

mixter Jan 21, 2012 8:08am | Post# 5114

Thanks goes to Graeme for an awesome thread .
Still reading . Real stuff .

Thanks again for shaing .
mixter

spyderman Jan 29, 2012 12:34pm | Post# 5115

New Equity Millipede journal thread

Hey all,

I've started a new journal thread implementing the Flying Buddha technique and the Equity Millipede idea.

Come follow at: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=339192

Nizdraw Feb 25, 2012 6:18pm | Post# 5116

keep the thread alive!!

Who else is still lurking here? we can't let this thread die, the basic framework of what is being taught here is just too valuable, the key is having the personality that can match this style of trading, and if you don't then the ability to re-wire your mind.

I've gone full circle studying many subjects on forex, alot of crap alot of good, but now getting to a place where I'm trading a way that suits me and this was one of the first threads I ever read on FF (I got lucky on that one!!) but I still wondered off of and spend months looking at other styles of trading, and yet the last month or so I'm back here..

I think that's a journey we all need to take, finding what suits you as a person, being able to look at yourself and identify your strengths and weaknesses and building a trading style around that

One thing I try to go on is if I read/hear something on trading that I cant understand the logic behind then I don't bother with it...

This thread, and the few entries I currently use with it I do understand the logic hence why I'm still here lurking...

Anyway just a post/ramble to try and stimulate the thread a little.....good trading to you all

chick3n420 Feb 25, 2012 10:52pm | Post# 5117

Waiting

I think we're all waiting for Graeme's return. We're not sure if, or when, he will.

-cHiCk3n420

I'm all for the stimulating this thread, but how so?

maaj Feb 26, 2012 2:32am | Post# 5118

Who else is still lurking here? we can't let this thread die, the basic framework of what is being taught here is just too valuable, the key is having the personality that can match this style of trading, and if you don't then the ability to re-wire your mind.

I've gone full circle studying many subjects on forex, alot of crap alot of good, but now getting to a place where I'm trading a way that suits me and this was one of the first threads I ever read on FF (I got lucky on that one!!) but I still wondered off of and spend months looking at other...
Hi,

Nice to see someone try to stimulate this awesome thread and I am completely agree with what you have mentioned.

Since I am a slow learner, I do not want to try everything this thread taught us. I have chosen only two methods from Graeme's teaching (FB and 200EMA on weekly). Once I am confident with these two, I may venture out on others.

Have a nice weekend to all.

Nizdraw Feb 26, 2012 4:08am | Post# 5119

I think we're all waiting for Graeme's return. We're not sure if, or when, he will.

-cHiCk3n420

I'm all for the stimulating this thread, but how so?
Hi, I think just by a few of us regularly posting in here on a regular basis, that will create some organic discussion about how we build our millipedes. I don't post that often but I think ill start making an effort to post now and then on this thread at least

RED-Dragon Feb 26, 2012 8:59am | Post# 5120

Mentor's

W

I think that's a journey we all need to take, finding what suits you as a person, being able to look at yourself and identify your strengths and weaknesses and building a trading style around that

Anyway just a post/ramble to try and stimulate the thread a little.....good trading to you all
I think Graeme has passed on all the info one needs to become a successful trader. The problem for many is that to get to that point, it takes a whole lot of time and energy and numerous lessons to be learnt. I think it would be nice if this thread had a Mentor, how likely that is to happen?, who knows as that takes a whole different energy and time.

I"m happy to post trades I take as and when I can.

Good Trading People.

© Forex Factory