Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   vsa with Malcolm (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=241760)

tobinare Jan 17, 2011 4:27pm | Post# 9961

Just curious to understand, is this different then the MFI indicator that you have already on mt4

http://forex-indicators.net/bill-williams/mfi

Thanks
My indicator has nothing to do with MFI. Where did you get that idea from? Please study the chart I posted.

You may be confused with the coloring of my up/down bars. Up is red and down is white. This coloring is matched on the volume bars.

Fusion Jan 17, 2011 4:34pm | Post# 9962

Ok, i'm remote logged from work, took a screen shot, bitmap was too large so had to re-save as a jpg so it's a bit grainy but you get the gist!

Gimme a mac any day
May the force bless you with a Mac. Many thanks.

KinsaleForex Jan 17, 2011 5:25pm | Post# 9963

May the force bless you with a Mac. Many thanks.
Haha, i have one, i was just logging into it from the Windows comp at work

Hope the chart helped.

Indiana Pips Jan 17, 2011 7:43pm | Post# 9964

JForex (Dukas) BetterVolume indicator

2 Attachment(s)
Hi there,
I'd like to share this famous indy that I've coded for JForex platform...
For those using Dukas.. if you're willing, give it a try

Hope this helps someone.
Thanks.

Please remove the ".txt" extension to the attached file.

Best,
Indiana
Click to Enlarge

Name: BetterVolume.PNG
Size: 84 KB
BetterVolume.java.txt

Beljevina Jan 17, 2011 8:05pm | Post# 9965

Hi there,

Hope this helps someone.
Thanks.

Best,
Indiana
Quite nice. I'd been looking for this in the JForex forums and pages, and was surprised it didn't exist. The fact that a member here and in this thread has coded it truly speaks to the quality of the participants here, as it does to the calibre that we're all striving to.

I'd been considering Dukas as an additional broker, but just can't get beyond the taxing java platform. I'd think the reality is that most customers run another platform at the same time, even if it is a good MT4 implementation.

Sonny1 Jan 17, 2011 8:41pm | Post# 9966

1 Attachment(s)
always be aware of your weekly s/r levels 1.3280 is one in eu ... you sold a few pips above that , i was epxecting a little shake out under that level as per weekend post ..1.3250 , entry had 10 pip dd .. not bad for a guess ...lol
Closed short off at 3256

Shakeout is being revisited. Seems as though supply is still floating, as shown by smooth movement in the down channel.

Should get a clearer understanding soon if we are to move north now
Click to Enlarge

Name: short eu 18-01-2011 12-29-16 PM.jpg
Size: 106 KB

tgwhbb Jan 17, 2011 8:46pm | Post# 9967

2 Attachment(s)
long entry triggered on EU @ 1.3291.

H4 showing low vol test of 1.3280-50 area. (monthly pivot)
H1 showing no selling pressure at 13:00 GMT bar
entered at break of NS on 15m at 14:15 GMT

no time to post chart at the moment, will post it later.

looking for reaction at 1.3325-45 (london high) and 1.3380 (daily pivot) areas
got stopped out of that trade unfortunately. should have closed it with a smaller loss at the NY close as the pair did nothing all afternoon with the NY market closed, leaving the door open for a asia shakeout.

a bit early in the asia session, but it looks like an opportunity has presented itself so back in long. stopping vol followed by upbar (engulfing) and then NS on the 15. Not shown but the 5M shows a hv hidden test/shakeout as well.

SL 2 pips below today's london low.

EDIT: M5 chart posted. NS followed by shakeout. entered on break of NS
Click to Enlarge

Name: EU M15 2011-01-17 at 8.35.10 PM.png
Size: 162 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: EU M5 2011-01-17 at 8.48.03 PM.png
Size: 140 KB

pres78 Jan 17, 2011 9:10pm | Post# 9968

got stopped out of that trade unfortunately. should have closed it with a smaller loss at the NY close as the pair did nothing all afternoon with the NY market closed, leaving the door open for a asia shakeout.

a bit early in the asia session, but it looks like an opportunity has presented itself so back in long. stopping vol followed by upbar (engulfing) and then NS on the 15. Not shown but the 5M shows a hv hidden test/shakeout as well.

SL 2 pips below today's london low.

EDIT: M5 chart posted. NS followed by shakeout. entered on break of...
Is that the straight Forex.com broker volume feed or do you have the Forex.com eSignal feed? I see they offer that but not sure if it's MT4 or not.

mima Jan 17, 2011 9:44pm | Post# 9969

Is that the straight Forex.com broker volume feed or do you have the Forex.com eSignal feed? I see they offer that but not sure if it's MT4 or not.
MT4 and esignal (Forex Charts) @forex.com have different feed...

Sonny1 Jan 17, 2011 9:49pm | Post# 9970

1 Attachment(s)
Short GU
Click to Enlarge

Name: short gu 18-01-2011 1-37-00 PM.jpg
Size: 98 KB

mima Jan 17, 2011 10:02pm | Post# 9971

Hi there,

Hope this helps someone.
Thanks.

Best,
Indiana
Hello Indiana
Thank you for sharing indicator...As you know there is another part of Better volume that paints bars(candles)...Do you have it for Jforex or can you code it please? Their MT4 is very good...

Sonny1 Jan 17, 2011 10:20pm | Post# 9972

Short GU
not liking PA. manually closed for -10

tgwhbb Jan 17, 2011 10:53pm | Post# 9973

That's the broker volume which I find is quite different (less obvious, ultra high or ultra low volume not as frequent on forex.com) when I compare to fxcm demo acct. The Esignal feed is only available thru the forexcharts software.

HiddenGap Jan 17, 2011 11:35pm | Post# 9974

1 Attachment(s)
....a bit early in the asia session, but it looks like an opportunity has presented itself so back in long. stopping vol followed by upbar (engulfing) and then NS on the 15. Not shown but the 5M shows a hv hidden test/shakeout as well...SL 2 pips below today's london low...EDIT: M5 chart posted. NS followed by shakeout. entered on break of NS
A bit early in the day for me, but it looks like a nice MP 80% rule trade. With VSA you can get in a little early on the test which is just below yesterday's value area low (VAL).
Click to Enlarge

Name: Current3.jpg
Size: 115 KB

AngelineW Jan 18, 2011 2:52am | Post# 9975

is it ND or NS?

hmm have been following for some time but i still have very much difficulties differentiating between ND and NS any tips?

HiddenGap Jan 18, 2011 3:37am | Post# 9976

hmm have been following for some time but i still have very much difficulties differentiating between ND and NS any tips?
The base definition of No Demand is a narrow range UP bar that closes in the middle or high of its range (although a close in the lower portion is okay too) on volume less than the previous two bars.

The base definition of No Supply is a narrow range Down bar that closes in the middle or low of its range on volume less than the previous two bars.

Key concept: No Demands and No Supplies can appear anywhere on the chart. But they are only significant if there is weakness or strength respectively in the background. Put another way; a simple No Demand shows little activity by the Smart Money. But a No Demand in the right place (with weakness in the background) shows both little activity and no interest in higher prices by the Smart Money. A simple No Supply shows little activity by the Smart Money, whereas a No Supply in the right place (with strength in the background) shows not only little activity by the Smart Money but also no interest in lower prices.

juhanimi Jan 18, 2011 3:56am | Post# 9977

EU-H1
Selling last 2 hours?

AngelineW Jan 18, 2011 4:12am | Post# 9978

Thank HG

The base definition of No Demand is a narrow range UP bar that closes in the middle or high of its range (although a close in the lower portion is okay too) on volume less than the previous two bars.

The base definition of No Supply is a narrow range Down bar that closes in the middle or low of its range on volume less than the previous two bars.

Key concept: No Demands and No Supplies can appear anywhere on the chart. But they are only significant if there is weakness or strength respectively in the background. Put another way; a simple No...
so i need to identify if it is strenght or weakness before i can identify the ND or NS. i will look back on previous post to read more on them Thanks

juhanimi Jan 18, 2011 4:18am | Post# 9979

Looks like just pushing trough supply.

ozzieb88 Jan 18, 2011 4:21am | Post# 9980

Looks like just pushing trough supply.
Also coming into previous High resistance... one to watch for a good short I think...

© Forex Factory