Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   vsa with Malcolm (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=241760)

malcolmb14 Jun 16, 2010 9:20am | Post# 1

vsa with Malcolm

Hi guys ... this first posting is going to be short and sweet.

This thread is to have an area where I can post my vsa charts and setups.

For those that do not know what vsa is get your hands on Master the Markets by Ton Williams. Since being guided to this form of trading by my friend and mentor , DR Geppygenius my trading has come on leaps and bounds.

Vsa . or volume spread analysis , is a way to read and understand what the pros are up to.

I am not going to spend a lot of time dedicating posts to all the rules and principles of VSA, this would take weeks and weeks. I urge you to get your hands on and read over and over Master the Markets.

This thread is a hands on approach , with potential set ups before they happen.

Keep following along for postings of vsa set ups .

kamise Jun 16, 2010 9:27am | Post# 2

Thanks

Thank you very much for starting this new thread.

I will keep following and learning from you.

Regards,

jlx Jun 16, 2010 9:31am | Post# 3

Looking forward to it.

astral77 Jun 16, 2010 9:35am | Post# 4

HI

Thanks for starting this thread. I hope we can learn real application of VSA from you. Although I have been trading forex for over 2 years, VSA is a subject I have explored only recently, I suppose like most people I thought since volume is not available in forex there is no room for VSA in forex. I have learned that VSA is relative and not absolute volume. I am in the middle of reading Master the Market.

Kind Regards

kill56 Jun 16, 2010 9:39am | Post# 5

sh cable

congratz mal all the luck

Islander Jun 16, 2010 9:41am | Post# 6

Strewth - you've done it - and quickly too!

Good luck and I hope that you dont find it too distracting.......

I

malcolmb14 Jun 16, 2010 9:54am | Post# 7

aj 15

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: chart2331.png
Size: 144 KB

Tataocb Jun 16, 2010 10:03am | Post# 8

with you

I've been reading and studying your posts since you were posting in the Auslanco thread, and intend to follow your thread. It is really unfortunate what happened at the other VSA thread. I went to the chat room and several posters from that other thread were criticizing you in the chat room. That really sucks, especially after all you contributed to that thread, it's a pitty.

I hope to keep learning from you and your analysis. I wish you the best of luck with your thread.

malcolmb14 Jun 16, 2010 10:22am | Post# 9

aj update

1 Attachment(s)
es pushing and closed gap

aj has weakness and i am looking for sell in the 79 area.

It does not seem ready to drop just yet

Click to Enlarge

Name: chart2332.png
Size: 159 KB

bubo Jun 16, 2010 10:29am | Post# 10

Thank you malcolmb, interesting to learn from your perspective.

Astral77, you mention that you learnt VSA works also for relative volumes. I thought that if you don't have information about the volumes of the big banks who are the smart players, then you don't have good information. Your broker feed will mostly show the volume of the herd, while the big banks have better volume information than the rest.

Would anyone be so kind to explain or point me to references why you can use volumes in Forex? Can you use volumes within MT4? Are bar volumes of any use at all, or only tick volumes?

Thank you for a fresh approach.

astral77 Jun 16, 2010 10:41am | Post# 11

Would anyone be so kind to explain or point me to references why you can use volumes in Forex? Can you use volumes within MT4? Are bar volumes of any use at all, or only tick volumes?

Thank you for a fresh approach.
I have read that esignal volume is very simillar to ibfx or fxcm. I have been told that futures (GLOBEX) is quite accurate. However, please do not take m word for it, Malcombe and more experienced VSA people can direct you better than me.

Kind regards

polomine Jun 16, 2010 10:45am | Post# 12

Malcolm, Thank you very much. You are always the best.

malcolmb14 Jun 16, 2010 10:47am | Post# 13

aj update

1 Attachment(s)
following along on this one today as it is in tune wtih es

es is caught in channel 1108 to 1100. If 1109 / 1110 is taken out then this will be bullish and move into 1125.

so far looking for double top to form 79 on aj now

along side aj I watch a 10 min chart es . If that gives me a no demand at 1108 to 1109 I will hit aj on a sell

Click to Enlarge

Name: chart2334.png
Size: 167 KB

malcolmb14 Jun 16, 2010 10:56am | Post# 14

covering stocks

I may post the odd stock chart and the options trade with it to show how vsa can be used on any time frame in any market

trading options on stocks is like trading fx with less risk

Cash4me Jun 16, 2010 11:21am | Post# 15

tks

Tks alot n looking forward to learning fr U

malcolmb14 Jun 16, 2010 11:25am | Post# 16

out for today

es seems to want to push up for now ... 1100 taken out we head to 1125 , aj 79.5

that shake out on aj 15 , played out for a long play 78.75 to 79.25

1100 taken out we head to 1125 , aj 79.5

alifari Jun 16, 2010 11:37am | Post# 17

E-Signal Volume

I have read that esignal volume is very simillar to ibfx or fxcm. I have been told that futures (GLOBEX) is quite accurate. However, please do not take m word for it, Malcombe and more experienced VSA people can direct you better than me.

Kind regards
Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for opening this thread. I have learn't a lot from your posts. Keep up the good work.

Hi astral77,

If you can open an account with FXDD or FXCM through www.leveragefx.com with $1000/- and trade minimum 10 Standard Lots a month, you can get e-signal data feed (volume) free.

If you already have FXDD or FXCM account, all you have to do is send your broker an email requesting them to make Top Gun as your referring broker and you are all set for e-signal date feed.

I hope this helps.

malcolmb14 Jun 16, 2010 11:42am | Post# 18

for those

for those with esignal feed I have all kinds of goodies for ninja trader including a vsa analsysis thing like smart... that I am NOt selling for 350 lol

I will post them in here tonight

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for opening this thread. I have learn't a lot from your posts. Keep up the good work.

Hi astral77,

If you can open an account with FXDD or FXCM through www.leveragefx.com with $1000/- and trade minimum 10 Standard Lots a month, you can get e-signal data feed (volume) free.

If you already have FXDD or FXCM account, all you have to do is send your broker an email requesting them to make Top Gun as your referring broker and you are all set for e-signal date feed.

I hope this helps....

malcolmb14 Jun 16, 2010 11:55am | Post# 19

ninja vsa

4 Attachment(s)
indies for ninja ..

VPA.zip

VPAAnalysis.zip

Better_Vol_xNT.zip

SessionPivotsV5b.zip

alex_b Jun 16, 2010 12:08pm | Post# 20

Exits

How do you time the exits via VSA? I'm thinking of the same process as entries, but won't that give too much room to retraces?

If entries are carefully planned after thorough background scanning and waiting for the right setups to show up, doing the same for exits may leave a lot of room for price to retrace against the trade you are already in when considering to exit.

I am currently experimenting on higher time frames for entries and then switching to lower time frames when exits may seem imminent.

What's your approach in this regard?

© Forex Factory