Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Simone Guy's 'Simple and Consistent Fibonacci Method' (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=239947)

grandehombre Jun 10, 2010 9:54am | Post# 121

heh heh, no problem at all. Just a wee reminder.

I am working on some code that will automatically detect trading hours for any pair and work on GMT time, rather than local time.

The idea is that either the code or a human designates the trading hours for each pair in GMT time.

The code then converts that to local time for you and works accordingly.
That means that you could live in AUS, UK or US and you should not have to specify trading hours.

One more price of info we don't have to worry about; let SKYNET, oops, the computer I meant, take care of it.

Cheers,
Nick

Thanks for your posts Burton. They enabled me to do some bug-hunting in the right places.

Nick, I am not ignoring you about the pips thingy. Well, I am but only temporarily. It makes sense; it just isn't a priority right now.

SteveHopwood Jun 10, 2010 11:04am | Post# 122

heh heh, no problem at all. Just a wee reminder.

I am working on some code that will automatically detect trading hours for any pair and work on GMT time, rather than local time.

The idea is that either the code or a human designates the trading hours for each pair in GMT time.

The code then converts that to local time for you and works accordingly.
That means that you could live in AUS, UK or US and you should not have to specify trading hours.

One more price of info we don't have to worry about; let SKYNET,...
No that would be something. If you manage to make this work, then how about simply adding it to the latest version in post 1 and posting it. I will simply add it to post 1 so everyone can find it easily.

Invisible Jun 10, 2010 12:59pm | Post# 123

GMT

@ grandehombre

Nick, you may want to check out MBKennel's GMT library code here:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=224571

This might help you with your present work.

Invisible

vinesh Jun 10, 2010 1:29pm | Post# 124

Latest Simone

1 Attachment(s)
Steve,
Attached is screenshot taken at 10.30 a.m. my local time. It says 'Tading Allowed'.
Click to Enlarge

Name: simone.gif
Size: 32 KB

thomasmore Jun 10, 2010 1:40pm | Post# 125

she stopped...

Not a trade since the last 24h.,even after upgrading to the latest version. Anyone else?
Ludo

Pip Parade Jun 10, 2010 2:21pm | Post# 126

Not a trade since the last 24h.,even after upgrading to the latest version. Anyone else?
Ludo
Only 4 trades (on 17 pairs) since I downloaded previous version almost 24 hours ago, all losses. I have upgraded to the most current version and am continuing demo testing.

btw to SteveHopwood, Would it make sense to "date stamp" the versions as they are released? perhaps as a text comment in row 6 of the code? This would help those of us who are testing to confirm that we are running the most current release and also help pass helpful testing info back to you and the coding crew.

Pip Parade

argon Jun 10, 2010 2:31pm | Post# 127

plz help

I did as requested

Setting up your chart
• M15 time frame.
• Downlod Simone.mq4 to your Expert's folder.
• Downlod Simone stuff.mqh to your Expert's/Include folder. You do not need to
compile this; Simone takes it into her own compiled code.
• Close down then restart your platform. Different users have different mql4 builds, so
it is a good idea to compile the robot to fit with your build. To do this:
◦ Go the the Expert Advisors section of your Navigator window.
◦ Right click on Simone.
◦ Select 'Modify' and wait for the editor window to appear, with the source code
showing.
◦ Press the F5 key to compile the code. When the “No errors No warnings”
message appears, the code has compiled, so close the editor, then close down
and restart the platform.
• Make sure your platform is ready to trade using EA's:

but when I press F5 there is always error
'simone stuff.mqh' - cannot open the program file Crogram FilesGo Trader MT4expertsSimone.mq4 (158, 1)

what is wrong ???

chees guys and thanks

grandehombre Jun 10, 2010 2:52pm | Post# 128

Hi Argon,

I have just re-downloaded simone.mq4 and simone stuff.mqh from msg#1.

I then
- copied simone.mq4 to c:\program files\blahblah\experts
- copied simone stuff.mqh to c:\program files\blahblah\experts\include
- using Windows Explorer, I went to the experts folder shown above and
- double-clicked on simone.mq4 then (when it opened the file) I pressed F5

- no errors!!!

- exited MetaEditor

- started MT4
- all is well

Can you re-check please?

Cheers,
Nick

btw, what concerns me is that you get an error on line 158, whereas the 'include' statement is in line 156???

I did as requested

but when I press F5 there is always error
'simone stuff.mqh' - cannot open the program file Crogram FilesGo Trader MT4expertsSimone.mq4 (158, 1)

what is wrong ???

chees guys and thanks

grandehombre Jun 10, 2010 2:56pm | Post# 129

Thanks Invisible,

I am aware of that lib but am using a different one, which I saw before GMTLib.

Nonetheless, thank you for helping out! Help is always appreciated!

Cheers,
Nick

@ grandehombre

Nick, you may want to check out MBKennel's GMT library code here:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=224571

This might help you with your present work.

Invisible

paulbt38 Jun 10, 2010 3:01pm | Post# 130

I have had three trades today (using half close this became 6) 5 have closed in profit and the -ve upl on the last trade is fairly small. I have loaded up the new version for tomorrow.

Paul

MrChips Jun 10, 2010 3:09pm | Post# 131

Stopped Trading

Hi

All was going well until I downloaded the new revised Simone from post 1. I had the same problem with the older version - I forgot what I did to jump start it.

I closed mt4, downloaded and compiled the new version, placed it in the mt4/experts folder and restarted mt4. No trades in about 3 + hours.

Any suggestions???

argon Jun 10, 2010 3:19pm | Post# 132

thanks grandhombre but

I did again everything you said but always the same
'simone stuff.mqh' - cannot open the program file Crogram FilesGo Trader MT4expertsSimone.mq4 (157, 1)

just dont understand what's wrong.....

thanks and
cheers guys
argon

grandehombre Jun 10, 2010 3:20pm | Post# 133

Trading hours - auto calc

2 Attachment(s)
For the purposes of this test, I've used this site to determine trading hours for various market centers.

Please have a look at the attached images and let me know if they are correct, as far as you are concerned.

The first shows a bunch of pairs and the GMT and local trading times, as determined by the new code (yet to be uploaded).
The rightmost half of the image shows what the above site says the GMT trading hours are.

The second image shows what the above site says the AUS trading times are.

On the MT4 screen dump, I show 'next day' hours as > 24 (i.e. 30 = 6am next day).

It is getting a bit late here (GMT or no GMT, it is 5am here!) so I am off to the land where the pips are always positive and all the notes on the guitar sound just right ... sleep ...

I will probably upload a test version tomorrow and will need people from different timezones to check and confirm it works ok before uploading it to msg# 1 (via Steve).

In the final version of the code, you will not need to specify trading hours for a pair at all, other than perhaps when you need to force them to something different than the norm.

Cheers,
Nick
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image 2.png
Size: 39 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image 5.png
Size: 41 KB

SteveHopwood Jun 10, 2010 5:08pm | Post# 134

For the purposes of this test, I've used this site to determine trading hours for various market centers.

Please have a look at the attached images and let me know if they are correct, as far as you are concerned.

The first shows a bunch of pairs and the GMT and local trading times, as determined by the new code (yet to be uploaded).
The rightmost half of the image shows what the above site says the GMT trading hours are.
The gmt thingy looks right to me.

SteveHopwood Jun 10, 2010 5:41pm | Post# 135

I did as requested

Setting up your chart
• M15 time frame.
• Downlod Simone.mq4 to your Expert's folder.
• Downlod Simone stuff.mqh to your Expert's/Include folder. You do not need to
compile this; Simone takes it into her own compiled code.
• Close down then restart your platform. Different users have different mql4 builds, so
it is a good idea to compile the robot to fit with your build. To do this:
◦ Go the the Expert Advisors section of your Navigator window.
◦ Right click on Simone.
◦ Select 'Modify' and wait for the editor...
Whatever you think you have done, the fact is that you do not have Simone stuff.mqh in your Experts/Include folder.

Nick, when you have run a few threads, you will come to understand why extra libraries are just a pain in the arse. My experience is this: if the library cannot be included in the robot source code, then forget it. They are more trouble than they are worth - that is why I abandoned mbkennel's fantastic LibOrderReliable - many people simply cannot cope with them. Or they do not download properly yet appear to....... Or......

hndymann Jun 10, 2010 6:17pm | Post# 136

Whatever you think you have done, the fact is that you do not have Simone stuff.mqh in your Experts/Include folder.

Nick, when you have run a few threads, you will come to understand why extra libraries are just a pain in the arse. My experience is this: if the library cannot be included in the robot source code, then forget it. They are more trouble than they are worth - that is why I abandoned mbkennel's fantastic LibOrderReliable - many people simply cannot cope with them. Or they do not download properly yet appear to....... Or......

Hey now Steve! Don't be discouraging Nick and his hard work I wish people out there would just hack through it and understand a little bit of coding and how the program works before being so outspoken (with questions/problems).
There was a time when I understood nothing about MT4 but all it took was a simple search engine and a little bit of patience.
To come to think of it.... I know nothing about Mt4 nor programming. How is a pip calculated Steve? Can you help me please? Why is my screen black?
The solution to everything is ctrl-F4

desmodeus Jun 10, 2010 6:25pm | Post# 137

No trades since setting up the latest version last night

I'm also not getting any trades since setting up the latest version. Looking at the action from this morning, I would have expected some. I've installed it and compiled it correctly. The trading hours are correct from the globals... This is perplexing. I haven't had a chance to walk the code yet, I just got home from my day job...

- desmodeus

Burton Jun 10, 2010 6:29pm | Post# 138

Thank you Steve for those changes, much appreciated

Thank you KnightHigh and Nick (grandhombre) for your contributions

latest EA loaded and watching

MrChips Jun 10, 2010 6:40pm | Post# 139

Set File anyone?

Hi

I had the same problem with the older version - I forgot what I did to jump start it.

I closed mt4, downloaded and compiled the new version, placed it in the mt4/experts folder and restarted mt4. No trades in about 6 + hours.

Does anyone who is having successful trades with the latest version have a set file they would be kind enough to share?

desmodeus Jun 10, 2010 6:52pm | Post# 140

Hmmm...

I'm not certain that this is the problem, but it does seem like a possible problem. In a down trend the direction parameter to GetBreechPivotCandlesClose call is "up" and in an uptrend the direction parameter to GetBreechPivotCandlesClose call is "down". I think this might be backwards

- desmodeus

© Forex Factory