Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Simone Guy's 'Simple and Consistent Fibonacci Method' (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=239947)

thomasmore Jun 9, 2010 8:31am | Post# 101

Oh dear.....

Simone is female. Women smell money and if available, they spend it. So did Simone. The EURJPY, once in profit, turned a loser. Would it be wise to use MTPM ON Simone?

KingHigh Jun 9, 2010 11:34am | Post# 102

Re: KH Simone v2.1 - BarsPerFibDisplay

To anyone who has a 5 digit criminal. Make sure to change the BarsPerFibDisplay to a two digit number. For example, change the default value 4 to a 40 to separate the fib lines.

First - I do not know what Steve's release history has been, but this version is based off of what was released last 6/4 or 5, and NOT one that is current. SoOO, wait until integration has been done on the latest release before trading with it.

Second - There should be no relationship between BarsPerFibDisplay and whether a 5 dig criminal is being used. BarsPerFibDisplay relates to actual chart bars.

KingHigh

KingHigh Jun 9, 2010 11:55am | Post# 103

Whoops - Re: KH Simone v2.1 - BarsPerFibDisplay

First - I do not know what Steve's release history has been, but this version is based off of what was released last 6/4 or 5, and NOT one that is current. SoOO, wait until integration has been done on the latest release before trading with it.

Steve IS FAST! Just noticed that he has already integrated code into Page 1 version. Sorry for my confused warning.

From Burton - a question about the different Breech Swing Data shown circled

Burton - will investigate why Breech direction differs from trend. When new breech hi or lo is found, I record the time so that I can compare the Hi time to the Lo time and determine direction hi to lo or lo to hi.

KingHigh

paulbt38 Jun 9, 2010 1:21pm | Post# 104

Steve et all

Just wanted to say that Simone is one sexy lady. You guys have done a great job. I have been with Simone 2 days now and she has given me 26 trades 24 wins 398 pips. What a stunner.

Many thanks

Paul

SteveHopwood Jun 9, 2010 1:30pm | Post# 105

Burton - will investigate why Breech direction differs from trend. When new breech hi or lo is found, I record the time so that I can compare the Hi time to the Lo time and determine direction hi to lo or lo to hi.
The Breech trend is based on which side of the Intraday pivot it is trading: above and the trend is long; below and the trend is short. This is separate to any Rsi-indicated trend.

SteveHopwood Jun 9, 2010 1:31pm | Post# 106

Steve et all

Just wanted to say that Simone is one sexy lady. You guys have done a great job. I have been with Simone 2 days now and she has given me 26 trades 24 wins 398 pips. What a stunner.

Many thanks

Paul
Hehe. She has crucified me. Are you using the Rsi trend filter?

SteveHopwood Jun 9, 2010 1:49pm | Post# 107

Hi All,
I was reading Simone's thread and noticed the following exchange:
- desmodeus
I nearly missed this - saw it by accident looking for a different post. This is valuable information; thanks.

Re the stop loss, Simone's reply is at variance with the information I have. I suppose I should read her thread properly, but there are only so many hours in the day and I rely on you guys for this kind of information.

The current stop is based on the intraday R1/S1 levels. My experience so far is that a trade that does not move quite quickly in the desired direction is not going to, and will eventually turn into a loser.

I shall code a stop based on breech pivot +- and user-definable number of pips; we can see if this cuts the loosers short more quickly, or whether it merely does not allow trades time to breathe.

I shall also code a wait-for-x-candles to close on the right side of the pivot before sending a trade, to confirm that it is good to go. This might work better than the Rsi trend filter that has cost me about 6% of my live account so far this week.

So (talking to myself here now) code:

1. minimum fib size
  2. new stop-loss levels
  3. a candle-count trade confirmation filter

Cheers. You are not all that familiar with my work, so you are not familiar with this: I miss posts easily and can miss important contributions. When this happens, the contributor needs to nag a bit.

SteveHopwood Jun 9, 2010 1:54pm | Post# 108

Hi

a question about the different Breech Swing Data shown circled

this is the latest Simone from page 1, but I have changed Comments to the right hand side

There is a limit on the amount of text that can go into a label. SwDn means the latest breech swing was a swing low; from memory, I think the opposite is SwUp.

I love the screen feedback on the right and want to adopt it. How do you do that?

SteveHopwood Jun 9, 2010 2:18pm | Post# 109

So (talking to myself here now) code:

1. minimum fib size
  2. new stop-loss levels
  3. a candle-count trade confirmation filter

Done the min fib size thingy. You might want to hang on before downloading it. I am going to have something to eat now, and will add more code later on, but the latest is available in post 1. MinIntradayFibSize defaults to 70(0). Any suggestions regarding this?

paulbt38 Jun 9, 2010 2:20pm | Post# 110

Steve

I am not using the RSI filter and only trading on EU and GU at the moment. I am using the default trading times but noticed tonight when I loaded up the new version that it no longer states that it is outside trading hours. Not sure if it will yet try and place a trade but it does state trading is allowed. Is anyone else having the same issue.

Paul

SteveHopwood Jun 9, 2010 2:39pm | Post# 111

Steve

I am not using the RSI filter and only trading on EU and GU at the moment. I am using the default trading times but noticed tonight when I loaded up the new version that it no longer states that it is outside trading hours. Not sure if it will yet try and place a trade but it does state trading is allowed. Is anyone else having the same issue.

Paul
Sorry, I had hoped to get the fix up before anybody noticed. Trading hours works again.

paulbt38 Jun 9, 2010 3:03pm | Post# 112

Sorry, I had hoped to get the fix up before anybody noticed. Trading hours works again.

Thanks Steve she is sleeping like a baby.

Paul

SteveHopwood Jun 9, 2010 6:03pm | Post# 113

Ok. Here is where I am now:

1. stop loss is SlPipsFromBreech from the breech pivot.
  2. at the opening of the trading candle, the market must have closed BreechPivotBreaksToTrade times on the right side of the breech pivot before a trade can be taken.
  3. half-close is turned off.
  4. Rsi trend filter is turned off.

This is reflected in the updated version in post 1.

grandehombre Jun 9, 2010 11:12pm | Post# 114

4 and 5 digits

Hi Steve,

I'd like to make a suggestion, if I may, on handling 4/5 digit brokers.

At the moment, we add a trailing '0' to various values to cater for this, so if I want a 40 pip stop loss, I'd need to specify it as 400.

I believe that we should be specifying pips, as just that. 40 should mean 40 pips, no matter what broker (criminal) we go through.

I have some code that manages this.
The code lives in an 'include' file, so it does not clutter the main source file.

Once an initial call is made at the start of an EA, all that needs to be done in the code is

pipValue as decimal = pipvalue as int * pips2dbl;
eg, a 40 pip stop loss would be

Inserted Code
int stopLoss = 40;
double SL = OrderOpenPrice() - (stopLoss[color="Purple"] * pips2dbl[/color]);

Done!

Cheers,
Nick

ps: I know you said that if it ain't broke don't fix it...but i think it will come back and bite us if we don't address it early
pps: Just my 2 pips worth (2 or 20? :-) )

sundog Jun 9, 2010 11:13pm | Post# 115

Im only 5 hours behind, but I did turn off the RSI filter with positive results. However its too soon to say just yet whether it will take the money back.

Burton Jun 9, 2010 11:43pm | Post# 116

2 Attachment(s)
What i saw GBPUSD

Watching 1st candle close over Breech Pivot, thinking ok one more close over Pivot and we will have a Trade confirmation

But !

as soon as the candle closed, the Breech Pivot jumped up higher

plus T1 was only a few pips from the Buy if it had opened

Pic 1: 1st candle will close in 5:39 above Breech Pivot, candle time 5:39

Pic 2: new candle, Breech Pivot jumped higher, candle time 12:42
Click to Enlarge

Name: pic1.JPG
Size: 63 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: pic2.JPG
Size: 62 KB

Burton Jun 10, 2010 12:08am | Post# 117

1 Attachment(s)
How do we catch a Breech Pivot ? EURUSD

and if we do catch it, T1 (TP) is ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: pic11.JPG
Size: 63 KB

Burton Jun 10, 2010 12:11am | Post# 118

1 Attachment(s)
ok we have caught a Breech Pivot USDCAD

but the Intaday is looking like it has not re-sized and so saying Not Tradable ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: pic22.JPG
Size: 64 KB

SteveHopwood Jun 10, 2010 6:45am | Post# 119

Thanks for your posts Burton. They enabled me to do some bug-hunting in the right places.

The latest update is available in post 1 and is essential if you are using a version with the new fib style.

1. there was a logic error in calculating the Intraday hi-lo that could sometimes cause Simone to draw to the previous swing rather than the absolute hi-lo of the day.
  2. I forgot to tell Simone not to redraw the Breech fib if the potential trade failed the BreechPivotBreaksToTrade candles filter. Simone is a good, well brought up robot who does exactly as she is told, even when this is not helpful.
  3. I have removed the stipulation that the 50% must be ahead of the trading direction when Simone awakes in the morning. This is what sometimes caused Breech hi-lo's to be outside the Intraday hi-lo's. Instead, I have stipulated that the low of the candle BreechPivotBreaksToTrade+ 1 must have been below the 50% for a buy and above it for a sell. This should keep her out of trades when the market is actually starting to move back.
  4. spotted the logic flaw that sometimes prevented Simone from redrawing the Intraday following a visit to T1 and a subsequent retrace. I think.

Nick, I am not ignoring you about the pips thingy. Well, I am but only temporarily. It makes sense; it just isn't a priority right now.

pathumracled Jun 10, 2010 9:53am | Post# 120

Latest Version Of Simone EA & Display Gap Size

Hello All,

Just points to note; latest settings has the option {based on Steve's post #119} :

ShowScreenFeedback = true
DisplaygapSize = 250

Change the DisplayGapSize as desired to place the feedback data as required:

@ 250 Display is Way Right of Screen
@ 25 Display is near Middle Screen
@ 10 Display is closer Left of Screen
@ 5 Display is closer to the left edge of screen; usual position (Just right for me)

Please adjust if needed.

This also helped me visually with the fib displays: BarsPerfibDisplay (Default = 4) changed to 50.

Additionally, Chose (only) some fibs for my personal display {Monthly = Off/false; Weekly = Off/false; All others pertaining to daily trading were left on}

Hope that helps someone.

Bless!

© Forex Factory