Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/69-platform-tech)
-   -   Indicator needed to show High/Low price of previous bar (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/239863-indicator-needed-to-show-highlow-price-of-previous)

skinfx Jun 4, 2010 10:30am | Post# 1

Indicator needed to show High/Low price of previous bar

I just need a simple indicator that show me the high and low PRICE (not pips) of the previous bar. Thanks alot.....

Shabs19 Jun 4, 2010 10:43am | Post# 2

If you hover the cursor vertical line over the bar, the OHLC values are shown on the tab bar below the chart.

ecforex Jun 4, 2010 7:08pm | Post# 3

Here is very simple indi

1 Attachment(s)
Hope this is what u need

It will display previous high and low in top left corner

ECFOREX
cjc-hi-lo-previous-bar-indi.mq4

skinfx Jun 5, 2010 2:11am | Post# 4

Hope this is what u need

ECFOREX

Hi ECFOREX,

Thanks alot, this is what i am looking for. But can it make to set at different corner as i have other indicator at the top right corner. and i can't display both. Really thanks for your help....

Regards,
SK

Nash Jun 6, 2010 6:05am | Post# 5

What a simple... useful.... indicator

Hope this is what u need

ECFOREX

Hi ECFOREX,

What a simple... useful.... indicator..... I enter and exits on the break of of the previous high / low.......sure many other too.....
I was wondering if your indicator could be moderfied so I can have larger text....perhaps 2-3 times current size......

thanks again,

Nash

ecforex Jun 6, 2010 12:19pm | Post# 6

I have very simple ea that can play candle breaks ..

1 Attachment(s)
Hi ECFOREX,

What a simple... useful.... indicator..... I enter and exits on the break of of the previous high / low.......sure many other too.....
I was wondering if your indicator could be moderfied so I can have larger text....perhaps 2-3 times current size......

thanks again,

Nash

Hi Nash,

I will change coding for text size and corner ... just need some time ..

AND .. I have a very simple autotrader that can enter on candle breaks.

IT IS INVISSIBLE to brokers ... and Take Profit and Stop Loss also invisible .. tp and sl applies to all trades on the pair u run it on ... so if you set tp at $50 ... then it will close all trades when total profit is $50 on all trades ... so tp is not per trade ... and is in Dollars .. not pips ...

I am not a high level programmer - but do ea's that works for me ..

You can select Buy or Sell or Both with paramaters ... and use time frame you play it on ..

So if you want to play daily candle then run it D1 chart ...

I use it when you get those hectic breakouts ... say upward ... then I run to sell bellow low of previous candle .. and u can set trading hours ..

It will sell once per candle only ... sell below lows and buy above highs ..

I optomised this ea ... ang got best paramaters to use was all hours of day .. so 0 to 24 ... with tp of 190 and sl 110 .... this gave a 98% win rate for month of April 2010 ...

I have attached it hereto - enjoy - like I do ...

Regards
ECFOREX
cjc-candle-break-ea-tp-1-per-candle-mike-2.ex4

Nash Jun 6, 2010 6:32pm | Post# 7

The break of the previuos bar

Hi ECFOREX,

Thx for the EA .....I have little experince with autotrading.... I hear what you are saying in reference to the break of the Daily candle. for me I was planning to explore scripts .........to enter and set my stop loss in relation to the previous bar........

Given the number of indicators available here in the community.....I appreciate the simplicity of your HI LOW Indicator .....

with my trading, I take notice when the previous high and low are broken....

thanks again,

Nash

sparky08 Nov 30, 2010 11:08pm | Post# 8

Dear All,

I require the following indicators and wondering if anyone has a similar to these indicators:

1. An indicator which finds the most recent swing high or low. If your indicator also gives signals when there are lots of candle jumbled together then I don't need that indicator, the indicator should be able to find major swing high or lows (which are visible with eyes).

2. Identifies Engulfing and Railway Track/Tweezers formations

3. A) Support & Resistance Indicator - a very good one, only draws critical S&R levels

3. B) or, an EA whereby you can manually input S&R levels, either by drawing or inputting through external variable.

Thanks for your help! I plan to integrate the above into an EA soon.. http://www.forex-tsd.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

sam21 Feb 4, 2011 10:19am | Post# 9

Hi Nash,

I optomised this ea ... ang got best paramaters to use was all hours of day .. so 0 to 24 ... with tp of 190 and sl 110 .... this gave a 98% win rate for month of April 2010 ...

I have attached it hereto - enjoy - like I do ...

Regards
ECFOREX

hey there ecforex just stumble upon your candle.. i must say i like a lot,i have one request can you put trade candle as external variables witch can e selected by the user like one trade untill the current is close ...

spunkyone Feb 6, 2012 9:47pm | Post# 10

Hi Nash,

I will change coding for text size and corner ... just need some time ..

AND .. I have a very simple autotrader that can enter on candle breaks.

IT IS INVISSIBLE to brokers ... and Take Profit and Stop Loss also invisible .. tp and sl applies to all trades on the pair u run it on ... so if you set tp at $50 ... then it will close all trades when total profit is $50 on all trades ... so tp is not per trade ... and is in Dollars .. not pips ...

I am not a high level programmer - but do ea's that works for me ..

You can select...
hi

i am interested in your EA. I havent used it yet. I was wondering what timeframe do you use on with tp=190 and sl=110. Is the EA still performing well for you since your post.

arunthegreat Feb 13, 2012 1:07am | Post# 11

good one, but can we improve

The indicator and ea you have given is useful. But for consolidation market it keeps on changing the positions resulting in major and continuous losses. So can you just improve the ea with highs and lows of line chart instead of candlesticks highs and lows. I think that will avoid unnecessary losses as well.
Thanks.

arno Sep 9, 2012 3:06am | Post# 12

Any one know how to change the front bigger ?

the disply previous bar value (not pips) and make it 5 digits ?

arno Sep 9, 2012 5:01am | Post# 13

Hope this is what u need

ECFOREX
IS ANYONE CAN MAKE THE FRONT BIGGER ?

TOO SMALL ...

IT WILL PERFECT if CAN CODE WITH 5 digits brokers

Mx181 Jun 2, 2018 8:13am | Post# 14

{quote} Hi Nash, I will change coding for text size and corner ... just need some time .. AND .. I have a very simple autotrader that can enter on candle breaks. IT IS INVISSIBLE to brokers ... and Take Profit and Stop Loss also invisible .. tp and sl applies to all trades on the pair u run it on ... so if you set tp at $50 ... then it will close all trades when total profit is $50 on all trades ... so tp is not per trade ... and is in Dollars .. not pips ... I am not a high level programmer - but do ea's that works for me .. You can select Buy...
was just wondering if someone could help us with this. i also want it to show the open price. so i edited the code from;

//----
if((Time[0]!=curTime))
{ //if newbar
curTime=Time[0];
Comment("Hi-Lo-Previous-Bar-Indi",
"\n Previous High:",High[1],
"\n Previous Low:",Low[1]);
} //endif new bar
//----

to

//----
if((Time[0]!=curTime))
{ //if newbar
curTime=Time[0];
Comment("Hi-Lo-Previous-Bar-Indi",
"\n Previous High:",High[1],
"\n Previous Open:", Open[1],
"\n Previous Low:",Low[1]);
} //endif new bar
//----

if someone could lend us a hand that would be really appreciated. Cheers

Bigtreeng Apr 14, 2020 12:08am | Post# 15

Hope this is what u need It will display previous high and low in top left corner ECFOREX {file}
Plz how do I make it run on mt4 am not familiar with EAs. Many thanks

© Forex Factory