Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/69-platform-tech)
-   -   I Have Zig Zag Non Repaint Indicator!! A Programmer Needed To Optimize It! (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/236437-i-have-zig-zag-non-repaint-indicator-a)

perwira May 13, 2010 7:44am | Post# 1

Please Optimize This Zig Zag Non Repaint Indicator!!

1 Attachment(s)
Honestly, I dont know anything about programming. So I need a programmer to optimize my indicator.

I have ZIG ZAG NON REPAINT indicator that I found in indonesian forex forum.

It never repaints, but the problem is the leg of this Zig Zag is kinda too late to draw. Maybe because of the coding.
So, what I want is, is there any programmer can optimized this indicator so it draws the leg earlier so we can trade the price earlier???
And I want this indicator have an alert.

Here It Is :

ZIG ZAG NRP.mq4

Thank You

perwira May 17, 2010 5:23am | Post# 2

I Already attach the indicator above in the first post.
Please somebody response to my request.
Thank You.

Ronald Raygun May 17, 2010 7:48am | Post# 3

Do you understand how zigzag works? There's a reason why it repaints.

CodeMeister May 17, 2010 1:21pm | Post# 4

Old Saying

This thread reminds me of an old saying. Everyone wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.

Time to kill this thread.

sangmane May 17, 2010 2:09pm | Post# 5

This thread reminds me of an old saying. Everyone wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.

Good point CodeMeister! This is the first time I read that old saying.

Regarding non repaint ZZ, my advice is ask hayseed. He has many experiences in modifying and improving ZZ indicator. there is a thread in tsd which he made a great contribution to the ZZ semaphore

4Xfactor May 17, 2010 2:16pm | Post# 6

Hmmm ... and what do you think the answer is to that question?

??? Non sequitur

EDIT:

Whoops, I meant: What do you think the answer to that question is?

4Xfactor May 17, 2010 4:22pm | Post# 7

Hmmm ... and what do you think the answer is to that question?

??? Non sequitur

EDIT:

Whoops, I meant: What do you think the answer to that question is?

perwira May 18, 2010 12:14pm | Post# 8

If i knew i won't open this thread.
Do you have an idea to optimize this indicator?
Have you try it? It never repaints you know. But it late draw the line when the length is set to bigger number. Can you make it a little bit earlier for bigger length?

perwira May 18, 2010 12:19pm | Post# 9

It's better to you to help me on this.

4Xfactor May 19, 2010 4:34am | Post# 10

If i knew i won't open this thread.
Well, now, looke here - there's a surprise!!

CodeMeister May 19, 2010 5:09am | Post# 11

Who Are You

most coder here are looking for money so dont expect any help untill you pm them and offer some amount,i requested for few indicators here and i know it was simple job tho i am not a coder,but those indicators never been created.
So we are supposed to just accept every stupid, frivolous request that somebody dreamed up? At least money forces someone to think before writing.

If you want advice on programming / technical matters, I am usually happy to oblige. If you are looking for freebies, that is a whole other matter and I will treat you like I do most panhandlers and ignore you. Don't bother replying you already made it to my ignore list.

swingtrader May 19, 2010 5:15am | Post# 12

So we are supposed to just accept every stupid, frivolous request that somebody dreamed up? At least money forces someone to think before writing.

If you want advice on programming / technical matters, I am usually happy to oblige. If you are looking for freebies, that is a whole other matter and I will treat you like I do most panhandlers and ignore you. Don't bother replying you already made it to my ignore list.
you didnt quoted my full reply i already stated there are few kind hearted people who are always ready to help.any ways i have deleted my previous reply.and thanx for keeping me on ignore i really care little.

TraderHotch May 19, 2010 5:22am | Post# 13

There is tonnes of free stuff coded up on FF, I have contributed embarrassingly little. That however is completely by the by.

The guy is asking for THE HOLY GRAIL. (That's right, I said it)

IIRC: Zig-Zag plots a line connecting highs and lows, they have to be over x% of price, and there are other conditions which can be put on. So for example

price starts at $10, goes up to $11, then goes back down to $10, if we have x as 1, then we'll have a point at $11 (because we've now gone down x%, so we'll have a turning point before we go past $11).

Normal Zig-Zag would now have a line from $11 to $10, if price carries on going down to $9 the line will repaint going from $10 to $9. The line is "fixed" when price has gone up x% from the low.

What this guy wants is an indicator to draw the fixed lines, before you know price has turned, so really he wants an indicator to show him where price will turn, with 100% accuracy.

And that my friends, is why it is a silly request.

...of course, I might be completely wrong on how any of the points above

swingtrader May 19, 2010 5:28am | Post# 14

There is tonnes of free stuff coded up on FF, I have contributed embarrassingly little. That however is completely by the by.

The guy is asking for THE HOLY GRAIL. (That's right, I said it)

IIRC: Zig-Zag plots a line connecting highs and lows, they have to be over x% of price, and there are other conditions which can be put on. So for example

price starts at $10, goes up to $11, then goes back down to $10, if we have x as 1, then we'll have a point at $11 (because we've now gone down x%, so we'll have a turning point before we go past $11).

Normal...

thankyou my friend to explain in details.

regards

perwira May 19, 2010 6:27am | Post# 15

Thank You All

I admit it it is a silly request, i know there is no holy grail in forex. I just want to know is there anyone who can make it better, but if there isn't it's ok, at least I tried to request.
Actually I'm making a scalping system using that indicator, and I've found another indicator to filter it from this forum. No loss until now.

Well, thank you guys for responded my request in many ways.

Happy Trading All

hayseed May 19, 2010 10:15am | Post# 16

valuable requests

I admit it it is a silly request

hey perwira..... it's not my nature to judge the value of requests.... other than, some are within my abilities and some are not.... some would require more than my available free time and some would not....

//---

the zig zag nrp is not a true zigzag indicator in the normal sense..... to make faster in response set the length to 1......

however, it appears there is possibly something amiss in the code.... it does not seem to plot correctly at times...... and at times the lag is all too long...... just as you mentioned.....

there are far better true zigzag indicators out there....... will look deeper at this one and see what gives........h

sangmane May 19, 2010 11:13am | Post# 17

hey perwira..... it's not my nature to judge the value of requests.... other than, some are within my abilities and some are not.... some would require more than my available free time and some would not....

//---

the zig zag nrp is not a true zigzag indicator in the normal sense..... to make faster in response set the length to 1......

however, it appears there is possibly something amiss in the code.... it does not seem to plot correctly at times...... and at times the lag is all too long...... just as you mentioned.....

there are far...
finally you showed up mate
the tension was getting hotter...

4Xfactor May 20, 2010 6:45am | Post# 18

//---

there...

Accipere quam facere praestat injuriam ....

hayseed May 20, 2010 11:46am | Post# 19

agree

Accipere quam facere praestat injuriam ....
well said...........

Amicus humani generis .....h

wnf8176 Dec 4, 2010 1:22am | Post# 20

besh indi

Honestly, I dont know anything about programming. So I need a programmer to optimize my indicator.

I have ZIG ZAG NON REPAINT indicator that I found in indonesian forex forum.

It never repaints, but the problem is the leg of this Zig Zag is kinda too late to draw. Maybe because of the coding.
So, what I want is, is there any programmer can optimized this indicator so it draws the leg earlier so we can trade the price earlier???
And I want this indicator have an alert.

Here It Is :

Attachment 475076

Thank You

HI Pal

thanks 4 your post.............
take some time to search this indi, finaly ........
it perform best when u mix with Tro_ZZsemafor modified

have u found someone to improve this indi?
PM me bro...skype :batangbesar1

© Forex Factory