Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   CHOROS System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=236210)

Sesamstrasse Mar 27, 2019 3:20am | Post# 14461

1 Attachment(s)
...first trade since weeks.. 25 mt4 pips-- {image}
... second-- masterpiece.. 50 bounce H1 ....120 green..
.. unfortunately only on my mt4 account and not on the main one what I use since this year.

I better look for a bridge to Interactive B.
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDNZDcH1.png
Size: 55 KB

larryw Apr 5, 2019 10:07am | Post# 14462

1 Attachment(s)
GU +29 after NFP

Click to Enlarge

Name: gu405.png
Size: 22 KB

eltax100 Apr 10, 2019 5:19am | Post# 14463

1 Attachment(s)
There still seems like lots of opportunities using the Dance

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 59 KB

Sesamstrasse Apr 11, 2019 6:22am | Post# 14464

2 Attachment(s)
Thatīs what I call a AAA setup.

ChfJpy H1 50 touch

..steep angle 50 ema,
First touch (and a pinbar with body in my favour)
confluence with round number and h4 10 ema..

Best would be if 35 sma is close with my 50!

PS-- out +15, TP hit

Guido
Click to Enlarge

Name: CHFJPYcH1.png
Size: 16 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: CHFJPYcH 1.png
Size: 26 KB

Sesamstrasse Apr 14, 2019 2:42pm | Post# 14465

Hi everyone. Nice Forum. Interesting idea. Are you guys still in demo mode (No live trading yet)? I would like to contribute by being a tester as well. The Documents on page one and two are still the files being used? Have you guys done an in depth currency review to see which preform better then others and element-ed them?(sorry just scanned the pages).
Hi.
I don t speak for the newbies under us.
But the adults do it live since many years.

Take your time and read the thread properly..
All your questions are already answered.

Guido

kostas1 Apr 15, 2019 7:24am | Post# 14466

Hi everyone. Nice Forum. Interesting idea. Are you guys still in demo mode (No live trading yet)? I would like to contribute by being a tester as well. The Documents on page one and two are still the files being used? Have you guys done an in depth currency review to see which preform better then others and element-ed them?(sorry just scanned the pages).
Dude,
You are already lucky by nailing the right thread with only your second post in FF !
So, now put the time and effort studying & practicing and then we talk again in here.

Jibun Apr 21, 2019 9:55pm | Post# 14467

{quote} Dude, You are already lucky by nailing the right thread with only your second post in FF ! So, now put the time and effort studying & practicing and then we talk again in here.
i'm lucky like that guy, already made profit thanks to Choros 10pip at EUR/NZD

just wondering why we use exactly numbers 10,35,50 instead of lets say for example 15,40,60 is it through backtest that we picked these numbers or something?

kitty9010 Apr 24, 2019 8:04am | Post# 14468

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

First of all, absolutely lucky to find this method!! Have gone through all the manual and the original Dance as well as this forum.
Have been practicing 1st MA 10/50 touch etc.

1st time trying scoop away today (which I probably shouldn't being a totally newbie with this method... should have waited for touch trade opportunities) Anyways, do need some advice on the scoop up trade below on GBP/USD trade here...

Entered long at the pull back to MA10 (also confluence with H1 MA10) with 2 entries (I manually put in 2 entries) but get stopped out at -10 pips. Tried entered again after getting some confirmation of the reverse but chickened out closed at BE.
The trade did eventually in the long direction while posting. But still want advice as in whether it is a valid scoop up trade? When higher TF (H1) is downward trend...

Thanks in advance!
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 92 KB

Sesamstrasse Apr 24, 2019 9:34am | Post# 14469

Hi . Thanks in advance! {image}

Hello kitty!

Your MAīs of the traded pair look a bit too flat and seperated for my taste.

Skip the tiny timeframes until you get the basics right.

Overtrading is a big killer of hard earned pips.
Try to focus your trade and open/close it with a plan..
Your shown entries and exits looks very impatient..

Pick only AAA setups and youīll get payed, otherwise YOU pay.

stay tuned
Guido

kitty9010 Apr 24, 2019 10:31am | Post# 14470

{quote} Hello kitty! Your MAīs of the traded pair look a bit too flat and seperated for my taste. Skip the tiny timeframes until you get the basics right. Overtrading is a big killer of hard earned pips. Try to focus your trade and open/close it with a plan.. Your shown entries and exits looks very impatient.. Pick only AAA setups and youīll get payed, otherwise YOU pay. stay tuned Guido
Thanks Guido! Patience is definitely something I am working on at the moment... I tend to take the winner too soon before it reaches the 10 pips TP due to fear of losing... And no I am overtrading so suppose it is only because it is not a demo account... Should I try taking the AAA setup and leave the trade in until it reaches TP or SL instead of 'actively' manage the trade? Wondering for the 1st TP, do you guys just set and leave it and only start trailing SL after 1st TP is hit?

Sesamstrasse Apr 25, 2019 1:34am | Post# 14471

{quote} Thanks Guido! Patience is definitely something I am working on at the moment... I tend to take the winner too soon before it reaches the 10 pips TP due to fear of losing... And no I am overtrading so suppose it is only because it is not a demo account... Should I try taking the AAA setup and leave the trade in until it reaches TP or SL instead of 'actively' manage the trade? Wondering for the 1st TP, do you guys just set and leave it and only start trailing SL after 1st TP is hit?
Hello kitty.
Keep it simple.
For the first couple of thousand screenhours Iīd stick to simple entry and exit.
Have a plan and trade it.
Later, when you already made some green you can think about trailing.

Instruments have a different behaviour, some tends to retrace and fill your stop at BE,
others run slowly but stable to TP.
Pick one or two to learn how they react in different market phases.
Read the thread properly, itīs really all answered with good examples how to do.

Guido

kitty9010 Apr 25, 2019 1:42am | Post# 14472

{quote} Hello kitty. Keep it simple. For the first couple of thousand screenhours Iīd stick to simple entry and exit. Have a plan and trade it. Later, when you already made some green you can think about traling. Instruments have a different behaviour, some tends to retrace and fill your stop at BE, others run slowly but stable in TP. Read the thread properly, itīs really all answered with good examples how to do. Guido
Thanks Guido! Your mentioning of 'thousands of screenhours' reminds me again trading is not easy and requires practice and experience. But this method is the 1st one I found which I believe I can stick to it for years and one day I can master it.

kitty9010 Apr 30, 2019 7:12am | Post# 14473

1 Attachment(s)
A good trade on GDP/USD I would say - waited for pull back & reversal.
Half size TP 10 pips. The other half size TP 12 pips. I am happy

Potentially going short at the touch of MA50 on Daily chart.

Cathy
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 261 KB

Onisilos May 1, 2019 2:33pm | Post# 14474

Good evening guys.I am young to this place.Where can i study the strategy?

kostas1 May 2, 2019 3:26am | Post# 14475

Good evening guys.I am young to this place.Where can i study the strategy?
Page 1 of this thread and page 1 of https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=224697

Onisilos May 2, 2019 9:05am | Post# 14476

{quote} Page 1 of this thread and page 1 of https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=224697
Thanks a lot.

Sesamstrasse May 3, 2019 5:46am | Post# 14477

2 Attachment(s)
Classic constrainment 10 Ema GJ M15.
My TP was below the round number, beccause the behaviour of this instrument is to overrun levels.

Look how nice the price constrained on the 10 Ema H4 before.
First touch 50 already appeared.. thatīs a good example for:
First touches are the safest touches.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYcM15.png
Size: 39 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYcH4.png
Size: 39 KB

qmtd May 8, 2019 7:22am | Post# 14478

This is my first post on FF, I've been here awhile, but I thought it'd start posting here now too.
I've stumbled across this thread multiple times, but have never really taken it seriously.
Will be posting here regularly once I get into the swing of things and read through all the PDF's/Doc's again...

Mercennary May 9, 2019 11:52pm | Post# 14479

Hey gang, after many years studying other methods and running in circles, Im willing to give Choros another try, I had mixed results with it in the past but every time I end up coming back to it because Its the absolute best method around, its the one that makes sense to me.

After reviewing my past trades using choros I realized most of them where taken without strong confluence or violating some rule, amazing how hard it is to follow simple rules. However there's one question that really keep me confused, and it is the difference between a touch and a bounce trade, I understand the first "touchs" are the best and safest, but does this apply to taking "bounce" trades as well? In other words are you taking 3rd or 4th bounce trade setup if with good angle and strong confluence like pivot or RN? Sorry if already answered, I went thru the thread several times in the past, read more than one time the TOC but still cant find a definitive answer, I believe this confusion somewhat contributed to my lack of success with this system, which I believe is a very strong and solid system if one is able to dominated it.

This is likely my last shot at forex, 6 years now, its time to settle and get this!

cheers Guido and Kostas, its nice to be back

Sesamstrasse May 10, 2019 2:39am | Post# 14480

Hey gang, after many years studying other methods and running in circles, I willing to give Choros another try, I had mixed results with it in the past but every time I end up coming back to it because Its the absolute best method around, its the one that makes sense to me. After reviewing my past trades using choros I realized most of them where taken without strong confluence or violating some rule, amazing how hard it is to follow simple rules. However there's one question that really keep me confused, and it is the difference between a touch...

Good morning Mercennary, good to see you.

"amazing how hard it is to follow simple rules."
- true

"However there's one question that really keep me confused, and it is the difference between a touch and a bounce trade, I understand the first "touchs" are the best and safest, but does this apply to taking "bounce" trades as well? In other words are you taking 3rd or 4th bounce trade setup if with good angle and strong confluence like pivot or RN"

I trade this method now for around 6 years -- and i really have no clue about the difference between a touch and a bounce.. for me both are same, because they touched.
for me counts only one thing- first touches are the safest touches, means normally I donot trade second ones.
I just found no valid rule when second, third, fourth touches work and when not.
But that is my personal kind how I trade it.

I think itīs not too complicated to trade only first touches, steep angle, empty space to round etc.

The dance manual includes also ping pong trades, constrainments or scoops.
thatīs advanced stuff..
there is no need to know and adapt all this stuff to your trading.

Important is only to keep it simple.. trade only what you understand and do not overtrade.
Sitting on your hands while the conditions for a trades are not given, is also a kind of being profitable!!

Stay green and it would be nice if we see more charts.

Guido

© Forex Factory