Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   james16 Chart Thread (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=2331)

supremeChaos May 4, 2010 9:15am | Post# 62641

Well every thing......
Well you can trade PA without PPZ's to, but then you should be looking for something like GOLD weekly PB at end of November-09.
... .
which broker MT4's gold chart are u referring to? (just to clarify)
Thanks

ehrek May 4, 2010 9:20am | Post# 62642

1 Attachment(s)
Nice ride down on the euro, anyone else in on this biznatch?
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurousdmay3rd.gif
Size: 24 KB

triger88990 May 4, 2010 9:26am | Post# 62643

Damn..
That explains it.

I thought I was going mad! Bummer! It was handy having them in MT4.

The new changes are not comfortable, and this it pisses me off bc I loved them having all together in one place.

For everyone who want them back you should try Forex LTD they offer beside dji and sp500 also USDX and EURX.

hope it helps

chears!!

Pinbar May 4, 2010 9:34am | Post# 62644

That pin is very small, I wouldn't trade it if it closes like this.

UPDATE: I just noticed I made the screenshot @ exactly 666 minutes to go before it closes. Maybe another sign of it's weakness.

Thanks for your input.

As you say, it is currently rather small to the bars around it.

it is easy for me to get caught up in one aspect of analysis, such as the position of the bar and then forget to consider the size.
In this case the 61.8 fibo blinded me from looking at the size of the bar.

Tomorrow is the last day of the Golden week national holidays here in Japan so, maybe the day after tomorrow will show us more action and indeed which way this wants to go.

Thanks again for your opinion.

PB

the_wizard May 4, 2010 9:39am | Post# 62645

Just a quick follow up on my post last night and this morning.

1/2 closed for 106 ticks profit.

Stop on remaining 1/2 now set to $85.65 (+16 ticks if hit).

-Tom
Out of remainder for 166 ticks.

nasir.khan May 4, 2010 9:41am | Post# 62646

1 Attachment(s)
which broker MT4's gold chart are u referring to? (just to clarify)
Thanks
The one and only FXPro. lol

and if i remember correctly this is only setup Mike traded in December-09.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.gif
Size: 13 KB

nasir.khan May 4, 2010 9:43am | Post# 62647

The new changes are not comfortable, and this it pisses me off bc I loved them having all together in one place.

For everyone who want them back you should try Forex LTD they offer beside dji and sp500 also USDX and EURX.

hope it helps

chears!!
Check out Windsor too.

Danku May 4, 2010 9:53am | Post# 62648

gbpchf

this is also on the 61.8% Fibs....am already short and looking for FTA which to me is at 1.6557.....cheers.........nice one Dan

I posted this in my journal, and figured I would post it here.
GBPUSD also looking good for Touch Trade to the upside..............that is if you do touch trades

triger88990 May 4, 2010 10:00am | Post# 62649

Check out Windsor too.
thanks buddy

I'll check them out as soon as I would have some time

all the best!!

fxeturn May 4, 2010 10:43am | Post# 62650

Sorry to be off-topic, but...

What do you guys think about Currensee? It's a social networking site for forex traders which links the site directly to your live trading platform and records your live trading performances.

The fact that it's a member of NFA might convinces traders to join it, but that actually increases my doubt of it even more. I don't really like the idea of a single organization that has the access to the information of a large number of traders (soon to be majority if left unchecked). A broker that hunts stops is one thing, but something like Currensee has the potential to be more powerful than that.

What if Currensee is actually used by the 'big guys' to screen how all retail forex traders trade? They can simply absorb the majority of the stakes with all those information available. Some people might say it's just another Facebook, there's no need to get hyped up with conspiracy theories or whatever, but seriously, WHY JOIN?

I know, I can just not join it instead of ranting here, but I just want to share my view and hope you guys here can share yours too.

mbqb11 May 4, 2010 10:46am | Post# 62651

I'm looking for $84.75 for 1/2 and $84.15 for remainder on this trade.
this thing dropped like a rock! NICE WIZ!

mbqb11 May 4, 2010 10:51am | Post# 62652

What do you guys think about Currensee? It's a social networking site for forex traders which links the site directly to your live trading platform and records your live trading performances.

The fact that it's a member of NFA might convinces traders to join it, but that actually increases my doubt of it even more. I don't really like the idea of a single organization that has the access to the information of a large number of traders (soon to be majority if left unchecked). A broker that hunts stops is one thing, but something like Currensee has...
simple answer don't join something that has no benefit for you and also don't be so paranoid The markets much to large for your orders to really matter the big boys don't need a site like that to see your orders they are trading insane amounts of money straight through banks and seeing a lot more fed directly to them on sizes of orders that actually matter.

mbqb11 May 4, 2010 10:59am | Post# 62653

The one and only FXPro. lol

and if i remember correctly this is only setup Mike traded in December-09.
it was niiiiiiice

Dan Gilbert May 4, 2010 11:00am | Post# 62654

1 Attachment(s)
a demo i4b that I didnt take on the live account because its not straddling a VBRN.
Name:  demoi4b.gif
Views: 238
Size:  6 KB

pizdun May 4, 2010 11:09am | Post# 62655

some more off the table at 2700

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/q...Untitled-6.jpg

ddinnov May 4, 2010 11:10am | Post# 62656

2 Attachment(s)
Anyone watching oil and gold the last hour or so?
Click to Enlarge

Name: gold.gif
Size: 14 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: brent.GIF
Size: 15 KB

ezz May 4, 2010 11:15am | Post# 62657

2 Attachment(s)
These Trends almost always surprise me, i never expected that the Down trend will reach these levels BUT IT DID! luckily i stopped trying to figure out where price will reverse along time ago and just traded what i see

will this level hold? i certainly dont know but what i want to see is a LARGE PA reversal (because the Down trend is pretty tough) that i can
hold 4ever(like an0ther uptrend comming out from no-where)

<<long time lurker to this thread , want to thank every0ne here who is sharing there knowlege and experience

Thanks
Click to Enlarge

Name: 9.gif
Size: 23 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 0.gif
Size: 20 KB

mbqb11 May 4, 2010 11:17am | Post# 62658

These Trends almost always surprise me, i never expected that the Down trend will reach these levels BUT IT DID! luckily i stopped trying to figure out where price will reverse along time ago and just traded what i see
This was one of my big turning points also

Pinbar May 4, 2010 11:22am | Post# 62659

Well every thing including Fib's, TL's, Round Numbers and even PPZ's (the most powaful thing on the chart) could fail time to time.

Coming to Curve fitting, Well if you are kind of person who want's to trade the setup no matter what then you will always find something to support your decisions.

Like if you have a naked chart and then you get a PB or any other PA bar. You will then go to find confluence factor for your trade decision. Now this where it get very difficult to not finding them by curve fitting.

Then if you mark out all good tradeable...

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!

very good point.

I usually just find a couple of PPZ on the weekly near price and then go down to the lower TF to find more possibly PPZ. But as you say, subliminal curve fitting can creep in.

Perhaps, it is best to find PPZ all over the chart and wait for price to show us PA around them. Now this is where it gets like, "which came first the Chicken or the Egg.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, very insightful.

EDIT: Is there no known, reasonably reliable mechanical method of drawing PPZ to keep it objective?

Dan Gilbert May 4, 2010 11:59am | Post# 62660

I honestly would not take this long (trend, and divergence)
lol!

I think I'm 1 for 5 on accurately knowing in which direction these i4b's are going to break...

© Forex Factory