Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Polapip The Meandering System (TMS) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=227042)

polapip Mar 20, 2010 5:31pm | Post# 1

Polapip The Meandering System (TMS)

7 Attachment(s)
I have been a member of FF for more than 4 years. I have learnt a lot from all other members of the forum. I thank you all for your generosity and patience with members like me. Not that i post much, but i read a lot from you all.
This method of trading is nothing new as I am sure it might have been posted somewhere in the forum in the time past. What is new is that i have remodelled it to my own way of trading and it is working marvelously for me. If it could be beneficiary to other members of the forum, all the best.
I have called this "the meandering system" after the meandering of a river.

Indicators used are very simple

1. 10 SMA apply to High. (White color)
  2. 8 SMA apply to Low. (Yellow color)
  3. Trendlines
  4. Auto Pivot
  5. Round Numbers
  6. Average True Range
  7. Trend Silver with Alert
  8. Candlesticks

To Buy

1. SilverTrend signal will alert
  2. SMA 10 (White) above SMA 8 (Yellow)
  3. Candlestick closes above the white tunnel. (SMA10)
  4. I watch the daily pivot point and 50% fibo level

To Sell

1. SilverTrend signal will alert
  2. SMA 10 (White) above SMA 8 (Yellow)
  3. Candlestick closes below/underneath the yellow tunnel. (SMA 8)
  4. I watch the daily pivot point and 50% fibo level

To take Profit

1. I personally use the pivot points, or round numbers or the trendlines support and ressitance.

Money Management

1. Do not trade with the money you cannot affort to loose
  2. 2% of your account maximum

Disclaimer
Please use your discretion to trade this system. Past performance does not guarantee it's effectiveness. I am not liable for any loss you may incure as Forex trading could be very unpredictable.
Polapip - Patience is a virtue
Click to Enlarge

Name: mts 1.jpg
Size: 191 KB
t m s.tpl
ATRprojections.ex4
Auto Pivot.mq4
Auto TL 04.ex4
deMark_TrendLines_&_Alert.mq4
LineFractals_Alert.mq4

Noisee Mar 20, 2010 6:37pm | Post# 2

Hello

Thx for sharing system! How long did u trade with this method? How many pips a day is your target?

Best regards, Noisee.

Gambler180 Mar 20, 2010 7:13pm | Post# 3

This system is very simple and easy to understand. I like it :-)

Ted1983 Mar 20, 2010 7:46pm | Post# 4

There is no spoon!

Rob Mondave Mar 20, 2010 9:50pm | Post# 5

Why do you put 10 on the high and 8 on the low, do you believe the price moves down differently from up?

Rob

aelimian Mar 20, 2010 10:56pm | Post# 6

I have been a member of FF for more than 4 years. I have learnt a lot from all other members of the forum. I thank you all for your generosity and patience with members like me. Not that i post much, but i read a lot from you all.
This method of trading is nothing new as I am sure it might have been posted somewhere in the forum in the time past. What is new is that i have remodelled it to my own way of trading and it is working marvelously for me. If it could be beneficiary to other members of the forum, all the best.
I have called this "the meandering...

Please can you include the Silver Trend indicator? Thanks

cjd Mar 20, 2010 11:29pm | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
here ya go......
SilverTrend_Signal.mq4

Flamenco143 Mar 21, 2010 8:38am | Post# 8

You GOT to be kidding me!

This thread is less than 24 hours old and already people are voting on how good or bad it seems? Isn't that jumping the gun a little without so much as testing it one day (or a week) with at least a demo account? Polapip isn't a newbee and it appears he has given this a lot of thought. While the strategy may work fine I can see how it may not suit some traders, but judging it's value right off the bat doesn't seem like a 'fair' evaluation to me!

polapip Mar 21, 2010 1:58pm | Post# 9

Thx for sharing system! How long did u trade with this method? How many pips a day is your target?

Best regards, Noisee.
Hello Noisee, Thank you for the time taken to read this. I left my day job six months ago to trade full time and this is the system that I trade with
Polapip

polapip Mar 21, 2010 2:01pm | Post# 10

This system is very simple and easy to understand. I like it :-)
Thank you Gambler 180, demo trade this for a month and I am sure you will enjoy it. It is a KISS system and lets you avoid the consolidation periods that are so common in forex. The trend is always your friend and it will easily show you the trend.

polapip Mar 21, 2010 2:02pm | Post# 11

here ya go......
atahank you cjd for the indicator
Polapip

pug123 Mar 21, 2010 2:06pm | Post# 12

Hi polapip,

What timeframe do you use?

polapip Mar 21, 2010 2:08pm | Post# 13

This thread is less than 24 hours old and already people are voting on how good or bad it seems? Isn't that jumping the gun a little without so much as testing it one day (or a week) with at least a demo account? Polapip isn't a newbee and it appears he has given this a lot of thought. While the strategy may work fine I can see how it may not suit some traders, but judging it's value right off the bat doesn't seem like a 'fair' evaluation to me!
Thank you Flamenco143 for your input. I posted this thread on Saturday and was surprised to see the voting. Some people could get impatient and judge a thread by just it's outlook. If i were them, I would put up the template on my trading platform, use my demo account to trade it for a month and come back to judge it. You are totally right that it may not be effective for everybody, no system does.
Polapip

polapip Mar 21, 2010 2:13pm | Post# 14

Hi polapip,

What timeframe do you use?
Hi pug123, I personally trade the 60 minutes time frame to avoid some of the noises. It works on all timeframes but as a day trader, i only recommend 30 minutes or 1 hour TF. Thank you for your question as i forgot to include this.
Polapip

polapip Mar 21, 2010 2:19pm | Post# 15

Why do you put 10 on the high and 8 on the low, do you believe the price moves down differently from up?

Rob
Thank you for your question Rob, those who make things happen in the world think differently from others. Ask any professional trader, they would tell you that I have revealed one of their secrets. We need to think out of the box to make money in forex.
Polapip.

Rob Mondave Mar 21, 2010 2:58pm | Post# 16

Thank you for your question Rob, those who make things happen in the world think differently from others. Ask any professional trader, they would tell you that I have revealed one of their secrets. We need to think out of the box to make money in forex.
Polapip.
Sorry, I'm not understanding why using a 10 on high and 8 on low is thinking outside of the box, can you elaborate? If it's because you're anticipating that the price moves down differently from up, I understand the reason clearly, but that was my question.

Rob

spymez Mar 21, 2010 11:57pm | Post# 17

Pairs

Hi Polarpip

Thanks for your system.

Is it for the EURUSD H1 only?

Thanks

Spy

yunielescaz Mar 22, 2010 1:06am | Post# 18

hi. does silvertrend signals repaint?

yunielescaz Mar 22, 2010 3:35am | Post# 19

its ok. i found the answer. it does repaint

polapip Mar 22, 2010 3:55am | Post# 20

SilverTrend Signal with alert

1 Attachment(s)
Please find attached a non repainted Silvertrend signal with alert.

This system is for all pairs but I advise that traders need to specialize on one or two pairs only.
My own preference are: Eur/Usd, and Gbp/Usd.
SilverTrend_Signal With Alert .ex4

© Forex Factory