Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Cycle indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=223846)

AussiePip Mar 3, 2010 4:09am | Post# 1

Cycle indicator

I have been looking for a decent cycle indicator but I have not found one. It could be either linear or a fibonacci cycle indicator.
Maybe someone knows a charting software (free would be great ) which includes a cycle indicator.

cycle example: Have a look at the recent lows of EUR/USD on an 4 hour chart. The distance between these lows is very similiar.

AussiePip Mar 15, 2010 12:36pm | Post# 2

up, maybe someone has an idea

Shabs19 Mar 15, 2010 4:31pm | Post# 3

MT4 has a built-in fibonacci Time Zones Indicator. You can add this to your toolbar.

risnandar Mar 21, 2010 1:32pm | Post# 4

hi,
you may try 'SCHAFF TREND CYCLE' or 'DSS BRESSERT' indicator
i use that and also using channels (shi indicator) and manually using fibonacci to predict retracement.

i hardly see a stable cycle in small timeframes then i only play in higher timeframe like 4hr or daily. best is in 4hr. just watch and be carefull when high impact news will arrive within next 4 hours.

regards,
Riki risnandar

AussiePip Mar 22, 2010 4:07am | Post# 5

hi,
you may try 'SCHAFF TREND CYCLE' or 'DSS BRESSERT' indicator
i use that and also using channels (shi indicator) and manually using fibonacci to predict retracement.

i hardly see a stable cycle in small timeframes then i only play in higher timeframe like 4hr or daily. best is in 4hr. just watch and be carefull when high impact news will arrive within next 4 hours.

regards,
Riki risnandar
To my opinion cycles are best visible on the 4 hour chart.
What Charting software are you using regarding the indicators mentioned above?

risnandar Mar 22, 2010 8:47am | Post# 6

1 Attachment(s)
To my opinion cycles are best visible on the 4 hour chart.
What Charting software are you using regarding the indicators mentioned above?
yep. i agree. 4 hour is the best, 1m to 1 hours is too many whipsaws especially when news arrived, but in 4hr its stable and the direction in channel is very visible. maybe for daily charts we can set the indicator options to fit the daily.

my primary software is using metatrader because tons of indicator is available but for trading we can use any software. just use the indicator that suits with you.

here is my screenshot: dss, macd,heikin ashi,channels,pivots, & supp/resistance
Click to Enlarge

Name: screenshot.png
Size: 64 KB

dados77 Sep 15, 2010 8:38pm | Post# 7

HI

yep. i agree. 4 hour is the best, 1m to 1 hours is too many whipsaws especially when news arrived, but in 4hr its stable and the direction in channel is very visible. maybe for daily charts we can set the indicator options to fit the daily.

my primary software is using metatrader because tons of indicator is available but for trading we can use any software. just use the indicator that suits with you.

here is my screenshot: dss, macd,heikin ashi,channels,pivots, & supp/resistance
Attachment 444444

HI ,

can u post that macd with 2 EMA ?

and i'd like to ask u if that freedom bar have the zig zag code?

David.

risnandar Sep 16, 2010 1:35am | Post# 8

1 Attachment(s)
HI ,

can u post that macd with 2 EMA ?

and i'd like to ask u if that freedom bar have the zig zag code?

David.
here you go.

freedom bar is heikin ashi indicator, its different with zigzag
MACD 2 Colour HISTOGRAM.mq4

Forex-test Sep 17, 2010 7:15pm | Post# 9

Cycle KROUFR

2 Attachment(s)
Cycle KROUFR is another cycle indicator.
Click to Enlarge

Name: cycle kroufr.png
Size: 25 KB
Cycle KROUFR.mq4

sniper_a_fei Nov 24, 2010 4:22am | Post# 10

hi.
i find this cycle indicater for a long time ,but didn't find it yet,anydody who has this indicater,pls post it,thanks~http://forum.mql4.com/c/forum/2010/07/gbpcadh4.jpg

CockeyedCowboy Nov 24, 2010 10:03am | Post# 11

I have not seen this indicator coded, but it looks like one that I've seen in S&C. If some one has the October 2010 edition look at the articale on page 38. The calculations for this indicator is shown in the traders tips section of that edition. I would post it however not close to a scaner at the moment.

Keit

hi.
i find this cycle indicater for a long time ,but didn't find it yet,anydody who has this indicater,pls post it,thanks~http://forum.mql4.com/c/forum/2010/07/gbpcadh4.jpg

seekers Nov 24, 2010 4:45pm | Post# 12

1 Attachment(s)
Shhhhh ... it is a big, big secret, you shouldn't talk about it
If you find out the truth your life is going to be in danger

Click to Enlarge

Name: grail.gif
Size: 21 KB

hi.

sniper_a_fei Nov 24, 2010 8:52pm | Post# 13

[quote=seekers;4197534]Shhhhh ... it is a big, big secret, you shouldn't talk about it

ha~so interesting~my email:racer_lxf@126.com~pls mail me~
adventure is a part of my life~ha~

sniper_a_fei Nov 27, 2010 10:37pm | Post# 14

Shhhhh ... it is a big, big secret, you shouldn't talk about it

hi,seekers:
i think u left me a clue to find the truth of this indicater,thanks a million~
This indicater based on "solar wind",i find some articles from other forum about "solar wind",and got some codes of solar wind,but didn't find
the indicater u showed in this thread,u code it by yourself?And i think u solar wind joy indicater is helpful for my trade strategy,can u post it or send it to my email .Thanks a million~best regards~

seekers Nov 28, 2010 6:32am | Post# 15

I hope that you found info on the other properties of "solar wind" and its reincarnations too : the repainting and that it is (as well as all its modifications) usually used for scamming

Forget about it : it is a kind of a record holder - 2 additional repaintings added to the usual solar wind repainting in order to get that chart
[/indent][/indent]hi,seekers:
i think u left me a clue to find the truth of this indicater,thanks a million~
This indicater based on "solar wind",i find some articles from other forum about "solar wind",and got some codes of solar wind,but didn't find
the indicater u showed in this thread,u code it by yourself?And i think u solar wind joy indicater is helpful for my trade strategy,can u post it or send it to my email .Thanks a million~best regards~

sniper_a_fei Nov 29, 2010 7:47am | Post# 16

I hope that you found info on the other properties of "solar wind" and its reincarnations too : the repainting and that it is (as well as all its modifications) usually used for scamming

Forget about it : it is a kind of a record holder - 2 additional repaintings added to the usual solar wind repainting in order to get that chart
hi,seekers,just post it pls~
I know u mean,and this is the author of the solar wind said"something looks to good to be true then it will not be true;And all indicators that are true are indeed not giving you any more edge then flipping a coin."
I have two purpose of getting this :one,see whether it can be used in my trategy;two,learn how to code,and i am newbie of programming.
thanks a million~just post it

sniper_a_fei Dec 6, 2010 10:32am | Post# 17

anybody who can code this solar wind indicater like seekers,pls help me~
this is the code ,i tried to,but failed.it seems too difficult for me~
Inserted Code
#property  indicator_separate_window
#property  indicator_buffers 3
#property  indicator_color1  Black
#property  indicator_color2  Lime
#property  indicator_color3  Red

extern int period=10;
double         ExtBuffer0[];
double         ExtBuffer1[];
double         ExtBuffer2[];

int init()
  {

SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_NONE);
   SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_HISTOGRAM);
   SetIndexStyle(2,DRAW_HISTOGRAM);
   IndicatorDigits(Digits+1);
   SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtBuffer0);
   SetIndexBuffer(1,ExtBuffer1);
   SetIndexBuffer(2,ExtBuffer2);
   IndicatorShortName("SOLAR WIND");
   SetIndexLabel(1,NULL);
   SetIndexLabel(2,NULL);
   return(0);
  }

int start()
  {
   //int     period=10;
   int    limit;
   int    counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();
   double prev,current,old;
   double Value=0,Value1=0,Value2=0,Fish=0,Fish1=0,Fish2=0;
   double price;
   double MinL=0;
   double MaxH=0;  

if(counted_bars>0) counted_bars--;
   limit=Bars-counted_bars;

for(int i=0; i<limit; i++)
    {  MaxH = High[Highest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,period,i)];
       MinL = Low[Lowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,period,i)];
      price = (High[i]+Low[i])/2;
      Value = 0.33*2*((price-MinL)/(MaxH-MinL)-0.5) + 0.67*Value1;     
      Value=MathMin(MathMax(Value,-0.999),0.999); 
      ExtBuffer0[i]=0.5*MathLog((1+Value)/(1-Value))+0.5*Fish1;
      Value1=Value;
      Fish1=ExtBuffer0[i];

}

bool up=true;
   for(i=limit-2; i>=0; i--)
     {
      current=ExtBuffer0[i];
      prev=ExtBuffer0[i+1];

if (((current<0)&&(prev>0))||(current<0))   up= false;    
      if (((current>0)&&(prev<0))||(current>0))   up= true;

if(!up)
        {
         ExtBuffer2[i]=current;
         ExtBuffer1[i]=0.0;
        }

else
         {
          ExtBuffer1[i]=current;
          ExtBuffer2[i]=0.0;
         }
     }
   return(0);
  }

PrymeTyme Dec 6, 2010 11:05am | Post# 18

check this fisher indy ..

http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost...postcount=1567

CockeyedCowboy Dec 6, 2010 1:45pm | Post# 19

the S&C story I Posted above is also an Inverse fisher transform applied to the RSI using a low lag rainbow smooth methed. The out come looks like sniper_a_fei oringinal chart view except for the indicator coloring. I have not seen it coded as of yet and I have no time to do it right now but its on my to do list to test it out.

Keit

sniper_a_fei Dec 6, 2010 9:43pm | Post# 20

the S&C story I Posted above is also an Inverse fisher transform applied to the RSI using a low lag rainbow smooth methed. The out come looks like sniper_a_fei oringinal chart view except for the indicator coloring. I have not seen it coded as of yet and I have no time to do it right now but its on my to do list to test it out.

Keit
wish u success~i tried several times to code solar wind indicater like seekers',but failed~i think its useful in H4 chart,and also made my chart beautiful~

© Forex Factory