Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/49-trading-journals)
-   -   andante9 (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/222885-andante9)

andante9 Jun 30, 2011 4:56pm | Post# 141

1 Attachment(s)
What's that then?

My EA hasn't faired too well during this Greek nonsense, but it usualy recovers more than it loses as the dust settles.
I was refering to your account titled ACC1 it seems to be doing OK. I have seen ea's double demo accounts but I have not tryed any on live accounts myself.

Click to Enlarge

Name: BenS.jpg
Size: 193 KB

BenScoobert Jul 2, 2011 1:14pm | Post# 142

I was refering to your account titled ACC1 it seems to be doing OK. I have seen ea's double demo accounts but I have not tryed any on live accounts myself.
A minor loss for June, nice profit for May.
It has taken many months for me to get it to this stage, I camr to the conclusion that any EA for sale doesn't work and created mt own concept, one of them uses the CrazyPyramid of Matt's with some unique settings, pretty consistant monthly profits. No miracle EA, but with a decent account it will churn away an income fairly safely.

It's hard to get it to deal with the larger news stuff, like Greece, but short of turning it off I'm stuck.

andante9 Jul 2, 2011 7:52pm | Post# 143

Hi Ben

1 Attachment(s)
A minor loss for June, nice profit for May.
It has taken many months for me to get it to this stage, I camr to the conclusion that any EA for sale doesn't work and created mt own concept, one of them uses the CrazyPyramid of Matt's with some unique settings, pretty consistant monthly profits. No miracle EA, but with a decent account it will churn away an income fairly safely.

It's hard to get it to deal with the larger news stuff, like Greece, but short of turning it off I'm stuck.
Hi Ben,

Matt is an excellent programmer to be sure and if I wanted to run anyone's ea on a live account I would look to his work with confidence. I have spent some considerable time (at least 2 years) looking at many different ea's performance on many, many demo accounts. Some of the end of that work can be seen on his site. Most of my earlier testing was posted to private sites that have now been lost due to inactivity. I did run one ea that doubled a demo account (back in 2008 during the big crash). Believe it or not, that ea was a random entry ea! I set it up on EU with a T.S. at 200pips and it doubled the account because the market was moving so fast. Then it began to fail because the market was 'changing'. Volitility and ATR changed (the market was now ranging). After that I explored using an ea to trade for sometime before my postings on Matt's site. However, after awhile I saw some serious flaws in my demo feeds from my trading account provider and I gave up on testing ea demo accounts altogether because it would be too expensive to run tests on so many live accounts.

So, I decided to go the manual trading route. All that being said I would like to add that I have a good idea for an ea as well, however, I will never regret taking on the task of learning how to trade without an ea. Why? Because anyone who takes the time to read this thread will now look at my 1st post (with live results) and say to themselves omg (because of my drawdown). Nevertheless, I am currently happy with my results because I am sitting on a 3.3% gain to my account from the time that I posted my last trade or two one week ago.

I think there are many facets to trading. Short term or long term, ea or not, live or demo, TA or FA, TA + FA, trader or investor? and so on. . .

My congratulations was sincere because I saw your 'overall' success (+18% in overall account balance on your live ea acount with only a small number of trades and short time period.

Trade well ,

Dan

Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.jpg
Size: 280 KB

andante9 Jul 3, 2011 8:21pm | Post# 144

AJ

1 Attachment(s)
These kind of trades often end up as small losses or BE, but one never knows what might happen. That last weekly candle's momentum could continue. . . so I'm trying to add to my current long position.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 281 KB

Trade well

Dan

andante9 Aug 18, 2011 8:40pm | Post# 145

Position managment will be key

2 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1a.jpg
Size: 318 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: 2.jpg
Size: 275 KB

Dan

andante9 Sep 1, 2011 7:47pm | Post# 146

Small gains to account and equity. . .

1 Attachment(s)

Since last post, results have been favorable.

Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.GIF
Size: 109 KB

andante9 Sep 2, 2011 8:21pm | Post# 147

nfp . .

1 Attachment(s)
An 'unfavorable' nfp report as well as news that fannie and freddie are initiating litigation against some major US banks has caused a nice overnite gain to unrealized profits. I do not 'trade the news'. My positions were already established from price action that has been favoring long positive swap positions for some time now.

Click to Enlarge

Name: untitled.GIF
Size: 113 KB

andante9 Sep 13, 2011 12:12am | Post# 148

Short term results don't mean sh1t. . .

2 Attachment(s)

Click to Enlarge

Size: 254 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: 2.jpg
Size: 267 KB