Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Intraday price action trend trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=222822)

priceaction Jun 22, 2010 5:54am | Post# 3621

4hr view of targets

1 Attachment(s)
I entered aggressively early and have closed 50% of position at +30. The rest will run with SL at BE.

15 min trend is down - don't fight it.

Eyes open for more short entry points using Sho's method.

Rob
The remaining 50% of my 1st entry today is up 42 pips with SL set at BE.
Two other short positions also open.

Below is what I see on the 4hr chart.

Take a look at a daily chart to be reminded of yesterday's bearish engulfing outside bar.

The UK budget is today and the headline is; "The toughest package of tax increases and spending cuts in a generation is expected to be unveiled by Chancellor George Osborne in his first Budget."

Let's see what affect this has on the market.

"Take care"

Rob
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSD 4hr.jpg
Size: 188 KB

priceaction Jun 22, 2010 6:32am | Post# 3622

The remaining 50% of my 1st entry today is up 42 pips with SL set at BE.
Two other short positions also open.

Below is what I see on the 4hr chart.

Take a look at a daily chart to be reminded of yesterday's bearish engulfing outside bar.

The UK budget is today and the headline is; "The toughest package of tax increases and spending cuts in a generation is expected to be unveiled by Chancellor George Osborne in his first Budget."

Let's...
All trades closed except the short at 1.4746 with SL at BE.

Buildcity Jun 22, 2010 8:23am | Post# 3623

Pretty good Rob,

Watch your plays like a slide show. I just off my official duties after 1/2 hr of budget release. With only 1 liitle loss this morning and now no trade as the market is stalled. I think the status will carry on until the home sales announcement. So I prefer no play except there is a A+ setup.

Happy trading to Rob and all visitors here. Other than Sho's method we can surely gain tons of knowledge, you all can learn alot from Rob's analysis (now he is playing aggressive trading), which is not used to be his personality. But anyhow, we look for result, whether positive or not.

Haha
City

Buildcity Jun 22, 2010 8:27am | Post# 3624

Seems that GU has formed a solid ground on 1.47. may be you have stop out your profit.

Buildcity Jun 22, 2010 8:43am | Post# 3625

GU +30 & +14 (2 trades)

1 Attachment(s)
I'm aggressive too

1st entry after the retraced and near the MA10, caught 30;
2nd entry crossed the resistance, still have room to play. go for it, manual cut near the top resistance (around 1.476)
Click to Enlarge

Name: 20100622-2037.jpg
Size: 71 KB

priceaction Jun 22, 2010 8:46am | Post# 3626

Seems that GU has formed a solid ground on 1.47. may be you have stop out your profit.
Yes the remaining 50% of my position was stopped out at BE before the budget began.
Nice try though

priceaction Jun 22, 2010 8:49am | Post# 3627

I'm aggressive too

1st entry after the retraced and near the MA10, caught 30;
2nd entry crossed the resistance, still have room to play. go for it, manual cut near the top resistance (around 1.476)
Living on the edge
Well done!

priceaction Jun 22, 2010 9:03am | Post# 3628

Another 15 min entry

1 Attachment(s)
I was a bit slow but still got an ok entry and banked about 30 pips on 50% of the position.

The remaining 50% is still on with SL at BE.

Rob
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSD 15 Min 2.jpg
Size: 91 KB

Buildcity Jun 22, 2010 9:07am | Post# 3629

I was a bit slow but still got an ok entry and banked about 30 pips on 50% of the position.

Rob
Yes, I missed that one as I was busy with the EJ (with only 3 + 8, 2 trades). No worry, all the setups are around the corner.

Buildcity Jun 22, 2010 9:16am | Post# 3630

Happy trading all

Got to go home now, with little little profit (40+ only) today

Anyway, watch out the home sales news in 45 mins.

Bye
City

priceaction Jun 22, 2010 9:43am | Post# 3631

2 Attachment(s)

Rob
The remaining 50% is still running, currently up 61 pips.
SL moved up (to below the previous 15 min bar) to lock in about 25 pips on this remaining 50%.

Existing Home Sales out in 20 mins so let's see what happens.
Either way, a good trade.

Rob
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSD 15 Min 2.jpg
Size: 91 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSD 15 Min 4.jpg
Size: 122 KB

Fxfighter Jun 22, 2010 11:26am | Post# 3632

The remaining 50% is still running, currently up 61 pips.
SL moved up (to below the previous 15 min bar) to lock in about 25 pips on this remaining 50%.

Existing Home Sales out in 20 mins so let's see what happens.
Either way, a good trade.

Rob
Thanks Rob ,showing your trading managment.Great trades.
FX

priceaction Jun 22, 2010 11:29am | Post# 3633

Final trade of the day

1 Attachment(s)
Below is my final trade of the day. Closed the whole position for 55 pips so that I can knock off and enjoy a glass of wine

Trade safe everyone.

Rob
Click to Enlarge

Name: GU.jpg
Size: 233 KB

Buildcity Jun 22, 2010 11:38am | Post# 3634

Below is my final trade of the day. Closed the whole position for 55 pips so that I can knock off and enjoy a glass of wine

Trade safe everyone.

Rob
Come on man, you made me shame to post my trades

priceaction Jun 22, 2010 11:47am | Post# 3635

Come on man, you made me shame to post my trades
I was lucky
You bank lots of small profits Eric. I take many of the same trades as you but when you bank small wins, I sometimes wait too long and get stopped at BE. It's one of my bad habits that I'm working on.

It's a balancing act, which is why I sometimes take 50% off early and get a few small trades banked at the start of the day. I'm still trying get the balance right

All the best my friend. Great work today

Rob

Buildcity Jun 22, 2010 11:55am | Post# 3636

Yes Rob, on one hand I like the way you traded, on the other hand its still not my style (at least at the moment). What I enjoy is to get my profit bit by bit but to stay out of the market rather than slow dance with the price.

We have to find the way in most comfortable for us.

Happy trading.
City

I was lucky
You bank lots of small profits Eric. I take many of the same trades as you but when you bank small wins, I sometimes wait too long and get stopped at BE. It's one of my bad habits that I'm working on.

It's a balancing act, which is why I sometimes take 50% off early and get a few small trades banked at the start of the day. I'm still trying get the balance right

All the best my friend. Great work today

Rob

priceaction Jun 22, 2010 12:27pm | Post# 3637

Daily Food for Thought

1 Attachment(s)
The bigger picture ...
(of course there are even bigger ones and today's bar is yet to complete)
Click to Enlarge

Name: Daily.jpg
Size: 87 KB

Jey Jun 23, 2010 4:19am | Post# 3638

Hi Guys, great to join all of you. I am lucky to find such an interesting thread.

I am still digesting the posts, trying to wrap my head around this system, so will join u all in a while in posting.

faithno Jun 23, 2010 7:36am | Post# 3639

GBPJPY

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

Price bounced from RN and previous resistance region. Hoping it stays in 15M uptrend I entered long after the pinbar. It was slow first, but now moved up 10pips.

Peter

Edit: it doesn't look good, probably will be stopped on BE.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Chart_GBP_JPY_15 Mins_snapshot.png
Size: 18 KB

Buildcity Jun 23, 2010 7:41am | Post# 3640

Hallo,

Price bounced from RN and previous resistance region. Hoping it stays in 15M uptrend I entered long after the pinbar. It was slow first, but now moved up 10pips.

Peter
Well trade, the momentum is with you at the moment.

City

© Forex Factory