Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Collection: Indicators, scripts, ... by Pips4Life (P4L ...) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=216149)

pips4life Jan 15, 2010 8:26pm | Post# 1

Collection: Indicators, scripts, ... by Pips4Life (P4L ...)

Last updated: July 11, 2017
Thread started: 15-Jan-2010

Hi all,

Over the years, I've posted several indicators & scripts that have helped MT4 users. As of this writing, one has been downloaded ~2700 times and several others have >1000 downloads each! Sharing these programs is my way of giving back to this great community. I decided to start this "collection" thread as a single point of reference pointing to the work I've shared. (Other contributors are encouraged to do likewise so we can all benefit from your work).

Below are links to my programs that you may want to check out. I'll keep this thread post #1 updated with announcements of any new indicators as they happen. (I won't, however, update this thread with every update. Refer to each source thread for the latest version of each).

I rarely start completely from scratch. Most of my programs are significant updates to already existing indicators... credit is due the original authors. (Thank you!).

Please note, if my additions to an existing program are not "significant" or if I don't intend to maintain it (in post #1 of each thread), I'm not going to bother renaming it with a prefix "P4L ". Regardless of what I call it, if you prefer to rename it back to the original name or whatever, that's up to you. If you modify any of my programs and re-post it, please rename your version with some unique suffix or prefix to distinquish it from the "official" version. If you append one of my threads with an update, if I like the ideas/changes I will upload the update to that thread's post #1 and acknowledge your contributions in the thread and program history notes.

MT4 Programs: In reverse chronological order (of original post):

Improved multi-timeframe/offset/chart period converter, P4L PeriodCon.mq4
P4L PeriodCon.mq4 (2009-Nov-13; Updated v1.8 2009-Dec-10: ~160 downloads)
* As one user put it, the "gold standard" for generating offline charts.
* All "offline" charts are updated real-time (so long as the source-TF chart remains open)
* Generates non-standard MT4 chart timeframes (e.g. M10, H2, ...)
* Ability to timeshift any chart by any #hours/minutes. (e.g. Daily+1H, H4-2H, ...)
* Ability to generate charts with periods > 1-Month
( Please note: Many indicators work on such charts without modification, but some might require changes to work with non-standard timeframes and/or timeshifted charts).

New very cool CandleTime and session time Clock indicators
P4L Clock.mq4 (2008-Sep-26. Updated v2_5 2010-Jan-14: ~1200 downloads)
* Display correct current time for up to ~18 world market timezones
* Different highlight color used during Market Open hours
* Control over syntax: AM/PM vs. 24hr. Optional ":SS".
* Display "Bar Left:" (bar remaining time)
* Display Broker and local time
* Times are correctly adjusted by independent ST/DST dates-per-timezone
* At a glance, compare Broker time accuracy vs. your own CPU clock.
(Display ":SS". This is very helpful when expecting high-impact news events at exact moments).
* Optional background rectangle beneath labels can COVER price bars for readability
P4L CandleTime.mq4 (2008-Sep-26; Updated v1_2 2009-Nov-13: ~1100 downloads)
* Displays the bar-remaining time next to the current bar.
* Indicates "WAIT4BAR:-MM:SS" (i.e. a new bar expected but no tick yet)
* (opt) Displays the bar-remaining time as a comment (top-left corner)

Much improved P4L OrderHistory.mq4 script to display trade history on charts
P4L OrderHistory.mq4 (was "OrderHistory V2.mq4") (2007-Sep-13; Updated 2010-Jan-11: ~1050 downloads)
* Display your trade history (and/or open orders) graphically.
* Arrows mark open & close events. Trendlines drawn from open->close price. Optional texts.
* Calculates profit/loss in standard pips. (... even on extra-digit brokers).
* Detect and mark certain kinds of slippage.
* Combine trade history from multiple brokers! (first output, then use as input)
* Output trade history as a CSV file to import into Excel
* Include ALL trade history, or limit by date-range.
* Output file can include ALL symbols, or just current chart symbol.

Add price to Fibo levels automatically using Set_Fibo_Price_Any_V2.mq4
Set_Fibo_Price_Any_V2.mq4 ( 2007-Oct-31: ~2700 downloads)
* Annotate each Fibo (or Expansion) level with the price

Modified, useful MQ4 utilities, indicators, and related tips
* b600+ updates to Hanover's Handy MQL4 utility functions
* Display Info All Pairs.mq4
* Daily LinesBoxes(1).mq4
* P4L ChangeTF-All charts.mq4 (Script)

MT5 Programs: (None yet, as of 2017-July...)

Enjoy!

Kent (pips4life)

allgodata Jan 16, 2010 2:31am | Post# 2

Thanks to share your works

fxpig Jan 17, 2010 9:52am | Post# 3

Hi Kent,

Thank you for posting your indicators. However will there be possible
for modifying P4L PeriodCon.mq4 to show 2048 candles after conversion?

fxpig

pips4life Jan 17, 2010 4:34pm | Post# 4

Hi Kent,

Thank you for posting your indicators. However will there be possible
for modifying P4L PeriodCon.mq4 to show 2048 candles after conversion?

fxpig
Hi fxpig,

Glad you like the indicators. As this thread is just about my "collection" of programs, any questions about specific indicators should be posted in the other threads. I'll respond in the other thread...

Kent

aud Jan 19, 2010 10:54pm | Post# 5

Thread started: 15-Jan-2010
P.S. If you like my work and can add a "vouch" for me, please do. Thanks.
Thanks for your great (and shared) work Kent. I would vouch if I could.
I'm sure there will be many traders with the experience to recognise the value of your indicators to other traders.

UncagedEagle Jun 9, 2010 1:21pm | Post# 6

Alarm Lines

Hi Pips4life, I'm an MT4 user. Recently, I have seen another trader use 'alarm lines' with a simple click of his mouse instead of putting in alarms or alerts manually in the terminal. He uses GFT DealBook360 client software. If he sees a particular swing high or low that he likes, he simply clicks his mouse on that point and an alarm is set showing a line at that point and sounds once price hits it. Do you know of an MT4 indi that will do the same? Thanks in advance for your help and thank you for sharing these great mt4 indis & ea's.

smikester Jul 20, 2010 4:59am | Post# 7

This can be useful but it will drive you barmy if you use it a lot. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=68803

Marko31 Sep 17, 2010 12:28pm | Post# 8

Thx for sharing

FxEpic Feb 21, 2011 12:23am | Post# 9

Thanks a lot. I love your work.

forexhard Jun 3, 2011 9:21pm | Post# 10

P4L, I am able to get your Candle Time to attach, but the Clock and the Period Converter will not. Running IBFX MT4. I've even recomplied each indi 2 more times, but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

pips4life Jun 4, 2011 9:07pm | Post# 11

P4L, I am able to get your Candle Time to attach, but the Clock and the Period Converter will not. Running IBFX MT4. I've even recomplied each indi 2 more times, but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Did you select "Allow DLL Imports" when you added Clock and PeriodCon to your charts?

The Clock should display times in the lower-left corner. On the weekend, the market times will be wrong until your broker starts up again.

You do know that PeriodCon does nothing visible on the chart you add it to, right? What it does is generate a data file behind the scenes, however, it will give a popup window telling you the name of the chart being generated (or it will tell you error messages). You must use File->Open Offline-> ... select the EXACT name that the popup says is being generated.

I haven't used IBFX but I'm unaware of any reason why theirs would be any different from all the rest of the MT4's in use. Each of these programs are working fine for me... not sure what else to suggest.

forexhard Jun 5, 2011 1:31am | Post# 12

Exactly. I'm not getting a pop-up window with the PeriodCon, or with the Clock. The Candle Timer works fine. But when I attempt to attach the other 2 indis... nothing. Nothing at all. No reaction whatsoever to or with the charts.

I have opened with the compiler and re-compiled both of them several times each. Didn't help obviously.

Just so you know, I know your work and I've used the older versions of your clock with no problems. This is a really big mystery. Hmmm....

pips4life Jun 6, 2011 12:31am | Post# 13

Exactly. I'm not getting a pop-up window with the PeriodCon, or with the Clock. The Candle Timer works fine. But when I attempt to attach the other 2 indis... nothing. Nothing at all. No reaction whatsoever to or with the charts.

I have opened with the compiler and re-compiled both of them several times each. Didn't help obviously.

Just so you know, I know your work and I've used the older versions of your clock with no problems. This is a really big mystery. Hmmm....
1. Did you definitely enable "Allow DLL Imports" under the Common tab when you attached them to your chart?

2. Is it possible your popup window is appearing off-screen somewhere that you can't see it? (It usually makes a bell sound too, so if your speakers are on you should hear it).

Do you see the popup window occurring for other indicators? You could try a script with nothing more than:

start()
{ Alert("DEBUG"); }

I use a laptop with a 2nd monitor, and often I display the popups on the 2nd monitor. However, if I take my laptop somewhere and use just the regular screen, I have found that some popup windows (either for alerts and/or object properties) may appear offscreen! I haven't figured out anything to do to fix this other than run it again with the 2nd monitor and manually move the popups onto the main screen, and THEN I can disconnect the 2nd monitor, reboot, and those popups open up where I last left them on the main monitor window. This problem is a real pain when it occurs. If I was really stuck without access to my 2nd monitor, I'd probably just install a 2nd MT4 to use but what a bother.

3. Open the Terminal window. Look under the Experts tab. Do you see messages related to the Clock and/or PeriodCon ?

Try adding the Clock and deliberately NOT set the "Allow DLL Imports". Does this cause a popup error? If no, something is very wrong.

4. Perhaps because it worked before, maybe there is something corrupted about your current installation. Have you tried re-installing (or installing a 2nd copy into a different folder) ?

5. What version of MT4 are you using? I've seen no problems on previous versions, and my version is up to v4.00 build 402.

6. What O/S ? How much RAM memory? How old/new is your computer? Have you checked the Windows Task Manager to check the stats on how much memory is being used, and how much CPU? If your machine is underpowered this could be a factor.

7. Could you try installing an MT4 for a different broker and try it? Pretty much every broker offers a free trial demo. If this works, then definitely try #4 (re-installing your IBFX MT4).

It's still a mystery to me...

forexhard Jun 6, 2011 1:49am | Post# 14

All I can say is that nothing happens. There is no opportunity to set the DLL function, because the window never pops up. It's just an icon inside my indis folder with a dead link.

I have seen a text file that says "can not open" or words to that effect.

The timer is still working fine. The clock and the period con still give no response at all. The only thing I haven't done is to try them with a different broker.

My computer is top of the line with tons of RAM and so on.

Still a big mystery to me. As the creator I thought you might like to know.

hanover Jun 6, 2011 1:58am | Post# 15

6. What O/S ?
@pips4life, @forexhard,

Could it have something to do with Vista (or Win7?) requiring that the user has administrator privileges, in order to install files properly under the Program Files folder?

I'm only guessing, but installing MT4 somewhere other than under the program Files folder could solve your (forexhard's) problem.

Just a wild guess on my part, but it might worth a try?

David

forexhard Jun 6, 2011 2:17am | Post# 16

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Hanover.

As you can see from the pic I have complete access to the file. It just won't attach to a chart. These 2 files are the only ones in my entire indis folder (of over 100 indis) that exhibit these symptoms.
Click to Enlarge

Name: clock.png
Size: 97 KB

JusticeFX Jun 6, 2011 2:19am | Post# 17

What is the difference between P4L Clock and P4L CandleTime if they both show the time until the end of bar?

As well, are these indicators configured to work on 5 digit brokers properly? (for example, will spread be shown as pips or points?)

nubcake Jun 6, 2011 2:21am | Post# 18

being able to open something in metaeditor doesn't mean anything.

move the mt4 directory to your desktop and then start trying stuff from there. if you don't then there is no point asking for help because mt4 is not designed for vista onwards and simply breaks in various ways. period.

forexhard Jun 6, 2011 2:40am | Post# 19

1 Attachment(s)
Candle Time loads up just fine. Just not the other 2.
Click to Enlarge

Name: c_time.png
Size: 24 KB

islander555 Jul 26, 2012 7:48pm | Post# 20

Thanks for sharing P4L - much kudos to you Bro

© Forex Factory