Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Creating an EA based on cycle identifier indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=214147)

rac Jan 5, 2010 4:12am | Post# 1

Creating an EA based on cycle identifier indicator

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,
I wonder if here there is anyone who can create an EA based on the signals generated by the cycle changes produced by the attached indicator.
Ideally I would like to use different time frames and different pairs.
This indicator by itself seems to be extremely profitable and I'm sure several people can benefit from it.
Also, I would like to know if anyone can knows how to generate emails alerts from these signals.
Contact me and let me know what you can do.
If you charge for this service, please let me know how much and how you can guaranty the quality of your work.
Thank you
Cycle identifier wAlert1 major.mq4

Ruzu Jan 5, 2010 4:57am | Post# 2

cycle identifier

Have you traded with this indicator?? Are you sure that is not repainting? Looks like to good to be truth...

luxinterior Jan 5, 2010 6:30am | Post# 3

I looked at it really quickly on 1Min TF and it jumps around and repaints like crazy. Not sure how you can trade with such a thing to be honest.

Lux

joforex Jul 3, 2010 4:01pm | Post# 4

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,
I wonder if here there is anyone who can create an EA based on the signals generated by the cycle changes produced by the attached indicator.
This indicator by itself seems to be extremely profitable and I'm sure several people can benefit from it.
Also, I would like to know if anyone can knows how to generate emails alerts from these signals.
If you charge for this service, please let me know how much and how you can...
Here it is I run it and it is still in development. The repainting is scaling trades in and if something really trends making new low or highs you will having draw downs.
Cyclops v 1.0.mq4

mtuppers Jul 4, 2010 2:17am | Post# 5

2 Attachment(s)
this one need filter like rsi, and stochastic.

anyway, since cycle identifier indicator is same as super signal therefore here is the super signal with stochastic EA, if you have good MM then it is good EA to try to improve it.

note super signal v3 must be in indicator folder for this EA to work.

the EA is created by mrtools in forex-tsd.com
Super SignalsEA_v1.3b.mq4
Super Signal_v3.mq4

finally Jul 4, 2010 6:13am | Post# 6

anyway, since cycle identifier indicator is same as super signal therefore here is the super signal with stochastic EA, if you have good MM then it is good EA to try to improve it.

Does this EA average down losing trades?
What Time Frame does it work best on?

Thanks

mtuppers Jul 5, 2010 1:06am | Post# 7

Does this EA average down losing trades?
What Time Frame does it work best on?

Thanks
personal I did test it on edit code which is have higher TF stochastic to do confirm. at less when super signal find current high well check with stochastic to confirm the trade. as for first test. if not closed the order, 100 plus pip profit.

joforex Jul 5, 2010 7:29am | Post# 8

I believe the cycleindicator is a little different it repaints the signal. Is the supersignal doing that as well?

mtuppers Jul 7, 2010 4:20am | Post# 9

I believe the cycleindicator is a little different it repaints the signal. Is the supersignal doing that as well?
super signal well only reprint when the bigger trend for current time frame other then that super signal would be a good indicator to use for non big trend. therefor need stochastic to confirm the trend.

anyway, the cycle indicator and super signal are looking for highers high and lowers low. therefore not much different.

beside the indicator at first post I was change to only show major.

princecool Nov 11, 2010 8:17am | Post# 10

hi

Hello,
If you charge for this service, please let me know how much and how you can guaranty...

i just want to if sone one has been able to code your ea for you, i have qually been looking for it too

joforex Nov 12, 2010 9:11am | Post# 11

here it is

1 Attachment(s)
Try that it includes momentum indicator. If it works send the settings.
Cyclops v 1.2.mq4

tdhowl Dec 27, 2012 6:54am | Post# 12

2 Attachment(s)
Hi, I was demoing this EA and indicator. This EA appeared to open a sell position perfectly. After the sell arrow appeared, the EA waited until the indicator stopped repainting, and then when price started to drop.. it opened a sell position. At the reverse buy arrow.. this EA does not close the open sell position, and then take a long position in the other direction. I am baffled.
Click to Enlarge

Name: supersignalseascreenshot1.gif
Size: 39 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: supersignalseascreenshot2.gif
Size: 39 KB

elen21168 Jul 2, 2014 12:40am | Post# 13

Hi, I was demoing this EA and indicator. This EA appeared to open a sell position perfectly. After the sell arrow appeared, the EA waited until the indicator stopped repainting, and then when price started to drop.. it opened a sell position. At the reverse buy arrow.. this EA does not close the open sell position, and then take a long position in the other direction. I am baffled. {image} {image}
I see the code of Cyclops v 1.2.mq4 , found at line 113:

//EXIT
if(UseExitSignal && getExitSignal(OrderType()) && profitCount()>0)
{
closeAllPoisitions(OrderType());
break;
}

the function: profitCount()>0 means that the position are in profit. So, the EA only will close the Sell order you mention above, if the Sell order is in profit (at the time the EA get the Buy Signal).
If you want to close the orders, even in loss position, just change the code to :

//EXIT
if(UseExitSignal && getExitSignal(OrderType()) )
{
closeAllPoisitions(OrderType());
break;
}

note that you must set "UseExitSignal" = true !! (default setting is true).

© Forex Factory