Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Old Dog with New Tricks (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=211657)

paulbt38 Jul 21, 2010 8:50am | Post# 441

RR

I have downloaded and changed the reject to accept on the new TD version but when I attach it to a chart I get the smiley in the top right but nothing else.

Also, whilst I will not ask you for your settings, I was wondering what anyones success was with either using trailing stop or reverse trades. I started testing yesterday using both these functions and had good profitability until the big moves on eu this morning.

Cheers

Paul

stevegee58 Jul 21, 2010 9:20am | Post# 442

No... and you do realize you set your TP/SL to 2 pips, right?
I thought if it was a 5 digit server you divided by 10. Or do I just leave it at 200 and let the EA take care of it?

There's a good bit of disinformation in this thread.

paulbt38 Jul 21, 2010 9:26am | Post# 443

I thought if it was a 5 digit server you divided by 10. Or do I just leave it at 200 and let the EA take care of it?

There's a good bit of disinformation in this thread.

Steve

The default is 200 which translates to 20 pips for a 5 digit broker. If you are using a 4 digit broker then you need to divide by 10 which would mean the input is set at 20 for 20 pips.

Paul

stevegee58 Jul 21, 2010 9:29am | Post# 444

Steve

The default is 200 which translates to 20 pips for a 5 digit broker. If you are using a 4 digit broker then you need to divide by 10 which would mean the input is set at 20 for 20 pips.

Paul
Once my class finishes next week I'll go through the code and mod it so that the 4- and 5-digit stuff is transparent.

Here's my opinion about the extra digit. It seems like the extra digit is now being called a pip. I would argue that the old pre-extra digit is the true pip. For instance, for EURUSD 0.0001 was a pip for years since brokers were all 4-digit. Now it's 0.00001 and *that* is being called a pip. I don't agree; 0.0001 should still be called a pip and the extra digit should simply be ignored for calculation purposes.

Currently the EA's default SL and TP settings of 200 pips mean 0.0200 or 0.00200 (for EURUSD) for 5 digits. I would argue that 200 pips is 0.0200 for EURUSD whether it's a 4-digit broker or 5-digit.

Sorry, I meant misinformation not disinformation in the previous post.

MrChips Jul 21, 2010 10:15am | Post# 445

Can't get it to take orders

Hi

I had no problem with the original version of HiLo Opt - it took trades etc. But since I started using the newest version it hasn't taken 1 trade. I changed "Reject" to "Accept" and I pretty much use the default values and still no trades.

I've been running it since Sunday on Alpari UK and I'm up to 6200+ bars and still no trades.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong - is there a setting I'm missing?
Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Ronald Raygun Jul 21, 2010 10:54am | Post# 446

To those of you having trouble...

What system is the EA trading?

SL?
TP?
Hour?
Style?

There are several occasions where this EA stands aside because the stats are too close in a given hour.

stevegee58 Jul 21, 2010 11:36am | Post# 447

SL?
TP?
Hour?
Style?

There are several occasions where this EA stands aside because the stats are too close in a given hour.
IBFX 5-digits
EURUSD M5 timeframe
Defaults except lots size = 0.01 (so SL and TP = 200) and ECNBroker = true.
IBFX's midnight is actually 8 PM east coast US time.
It's been showing breakout style lately.

paulbt38 Jul 21, 2010 11:45am | Post# 448

SL?
TP?
Hour?
Style?

Not having trouble with the original self optimising ea but the one posted today just displays a smiley and no other info. I am using Alpari UK, sl 400 tp 500 lot size 0.01 trailing stop 30 and reverse trades true. The original version was and still is trading breakout.

I have been trying various settings all day but only seem to get risk reward above 1 when using reverse trades and this normally results in a success score of at least 70.

Paul

faze Jul 21, 2010 12:05pm | Post# 449

here is all I am getting with the latest build after changing the string-
http://probotic.net/images/ecn.jpg

kneal Jul 21, 2010 12:10pm | Post# 450

here is all I am getting with the latest build after changing the string-
http://probotic.net/images/ecn.jpg
mine was doing the same thing... I closed MetaTrader and then opened it back up and everything came back as normal. Still optimizing with no trades as of yet

kneal Jul 21, 2010 12:14pm | Post# 451

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the attachment of my screen
Click to Enlarge

Name: trade.gif
Size: 20 KB

Forexaccount Jul 21, 2010 12:16pm | Post# 452

Ronald, today EA didn't do well (loosing all yesterday wins)but i think it was due to the trailing stop. I will changed it to off. Do you use daily range into the EA?

faze Jul 21, 2010 12:25pm | Post# 453

silly question but how do you know when it is finished optimizing?

restarting MT isnt working for me, I will keep messing with it.

stevegee58 Jul 21, 2010 12:33pm | Post# 454

When it's optimizing, the lower half of the comments in the upper left hand corner aren't printed. Also, the CPU usage will be near 100%. When optimization is finished, the lower half of the comment block is displayed and the EA waits for the trade entry conditions.

Depending on how much data you're optimizing against, it could take 20 seconds or 20 minutes.

MorningMania Jul 21, 2010 12:37pm | Post# 455

I'm having the same issue as PaulBT; the latest version of the Self Optimizer EA does show a smiley face but the rest of the chart stays empty.

I have default settings except for lot = 0.01, max trades = 3, barstooptimize = 50000, minimumwinrate = 51

I too have Alpari UK as broker, would that be the problem? The previous version did work.

I have tried restarting and reloading the ea, didn't seem to solve the problem for me.

Sorry to help turn this thread into Ronald's help desk...

faze Jul 21, 2010 12:38pm | Post# 456

thanks, seems mine just isnt finished optimizing then.

Ronald Raygun Jul 21, 2010 1:02pm | Post# 457

1 Attachment(s)
IBFX 5-digits
EURUSD M5 timeframe
Defaults except lots size = 0.01 (so SL and TP = 200) and ECNBroker = true.
IBFX's midnight is actually 8 PM east coast US time.
It's been showing breakout style lately.
Try the 1M timeframe, and use 5 times the number of bars.

Not having trouble with the original self optimising ea but the one posted today just displays a smiley and no other info. I am using Alpari UK, sl 400 tp 500 lot size 0.01 trailing stop 30 and reverse trades true. The original version was and still is trading breakout.

I have been trying various settings all day but only seem to get risk reward above 1 when using reverse trades and this normally results in a success score of at least 70.

Paul
Did you change the license string? This new version naturally has it set to "Reject".

silly question but how do you know when it is finished optimizing?

restarting MT isnt working for me, I will keep messing with it.
Looks like the attached image.
Click to Enlarge

Name: done optimizing + trades taken.gif
Size: 29 KB

steliosco Jul 21, 2010 1:06pm | Post# 458

if both the trade style/trade trigger= none
what does it means?
(no trades only runs with smiley)

Ronald Raygun Jul 21, 2010 1:12pm | Post# 459

if both the trade style/trade trigger= none
what does it means?
(no trades only runs with smiley)
The EA couldn't find any settings which met your criteria for that hour. Array win and array loss have values, right?

steliosco Jul 21, 2010 1:51pm | Post# 460

The EA couldn't find any settings which met your criteria for that hour. Array win and array loss have values, right?
indeed they have....

© Forex Factory