Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   pipware.com (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=210461)

fxstman Jun 16, 2010 10:02am | Post# 1881

That does help very much. Thanks Bodhistu!

stratman Jun 16, 2010 5:30pm | Post# 1882

kudos for your help

A perfect explanation .. thanks for helping Bodhistu

John, the red and green arrows are not fractals--they represent breaks of fractals. The red arrow indicates a break below the previous fractal low, and the green arrow indicates a break of the previous fractal high. The fact that they happen on the same bar just indicates that the price action was volatile enough to take out both the previous fractal high and low within that time period.

This is all explained better in Stratman's dashboard manual in "Appendix 3 Fractals". To visualize what is happening more clearly, you might want to include...

Math06 Jun 17, 2010 9:50am | Post# 1883

Need advice or help for template

Hello,
I loose my long post because of computer problem, so I will be short...
First, Thanks for the good job made by stratman. I purchased the PipwareDB 2 days ago and It seems fantastic, complete and -for the moment- without any bug! So Im happy to work with it, and will spent time to learn how to use it, even if I read all the posts here and the manuel(english is not my native langage).
I m new registered in the FF forum but "old reader". I use the THV4 and would like to "mix" THV4 and Pipware DB in the same template.
In fact, I would like to use the minicharts with indicators, the DB, the news master, the THV Trix with divergences, the HA chart with THV pivots and Pipware fractals and have the alert panel on the 0 window.... Maybe it seems complicated. Does someone manage to do it? And could you share a template? (I m trying to do it by myself but not sure to be good with the x, y and corner to have a clean screen ).
Thanks a lot if you can help or give me a link if i missed it (i don't think so!)
cheers,
Math

Buildcity Jun 17, 2010 1:00pm | Post# 1884

minichart

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Rob,

Just wonder whether it is possible to fix the display of minichart on particular time frame, say only on M15. Even I change the setting like the pic below, it does appear on all time frame.

Would really appreciate your help!!

City
Name:  2010-06-18_0057.png
Views: 517
Size:  23 KB

stratman Jun 17, 2010 4:27pm | Post# 1885

mini-chart displayed on single timeframe

Hi Buildcity, I don't expect to add more code to this older indicator as I concentrate my efforts on the less resource intensive 'pipware-charts' these days.

Hi Rob,

Just wonder whether it is possible to fix the display of minichart on particular time frame, say only on M15. Even I change the setting like the pic below, it does appear on all time frame.

Would really appreciate your help!!

City

Star178 Jun 17, 2010 9:26pm | Post# 1886

Hello,

In fact, I would like to use the minicharts with indicators, the DB, the news master, the THV Trix with divergences, the HA chart with THV pivots and Pipware fractals and have the alert panel on the 0 window....

Math
Please refer to my earlier posts #1221 (page 82), #1491 (page 100), #1703 & #1707 (page 114).

If you like any combinations, please drop me a note.

Math06 Jun 18, 2010 4:35am | Post# 1887

Template

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for your answer!
I was looking after a way to put the minicharts with indicators (macd or TDI, or Trix...) on the right of the main chart (at the place,on my picture, you can see minicharts with MA).
Not found yet.
cheers
Math
Click to Enlarge

Name: math.gif
Size: 64 KB

Star178 Jun 21, 2010 10:55pm | Post# 1888

DB 4.3 error!!!

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Rob

My MT4 had a problem, after switching from demo to real account, the DB4.3 display "history" error on those charts that was previously in the demo version, but works fine on other 'new' chart. It also 'disable' the Asian. London sessions etc. hour lines (which I need). Its now more than one month, how to correct the error!!!

In the mean time I am using other indicators the replace the shortfall.
Click to Enlarge

Name: DB 4.jpg
Size: 99 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: DB 4-2.jpg
Size: 110 KB

stratman Jun 22, 2010 6:05am | Post# 1889

History 'error'?

the 'history' text is quite normal when you start a new price feed ie you were using a demo price feed and now changed to a brokers live price feed.

The dashboard relies on having a minimum of 30 trading days worth of H1 data. This can take a little while to be brought down from the brokers server.

You can force the H1 bar history to be updated more quickly by following the instructions on page 4 of the manual where the 'history' message is discussed.

Hi Rob

My MT4 had a problem, after switching from demo to real account, the DB4.3 display "history" error on those charts that was previously in the demo version, but works fine on other 'new' chart. It also 'disable' the Asian. London sessions etc. hour lines (which I need). Its now more than one month, how to correct the error!!!

stratman Jun 22, 2010 6:14am | Post# 1890

History suggestion

I read your post again. Are you saying that you have been running one full month on a live account and the dashboard does not show data for some currencies?

I have not heard of this problem before but if so, I would suggest that somehow your MT4 history has possible become corrupted? Only thing I can suggest is to reinstall your MT4 into another directory (fresh install) and see how it behaves with only having a live feed ie live account only (never using demo account for that install)

Let me know how you get on.

Hi Rob

stratman Jun 22, 2010 6:16am | Post# 1891

Away for a few days

Just a note to say that I am away for a few days and can only participate online for a short time each day.

I thank you in advance for your patience if I seem to be taking a long time to answer any questions here or in the skype room

Star178 Jun 22, 2010 10:58am | Post# 1892

DB 4.3

I have not heard of this problem before but if so, I would suggest that somehow your MT4 history has possible become corrupted? ...
28 days to be exact, earlier you have problems with Onado, so I don't disturb you!

After reinstall in a separate folder, it finally works.

Thanks Rob.

Star178 Jun 24, 2010 2:51am | Post# 1893

Price Level Alerts

[6/19/2010 2:52:03 AM] formulaonefan: do you know of any programme for MT4 that would send email alert when price reaches a particular level?

I noted this request in the Skype discussion, and would like to share a short video that explains how to set alarms on the computer, you can try the email alert.

For those interest you can try the link here.

witprint Jun 25, 2010 11:08am | Post# 1894

Can anyone help to explian frac numbers?

just bought pipware for 2 weeks, and new to the indicator and forex. i have studied from manual and forexfactory a lot,

it not clear to me "frac 30 -17 -13" (last swing, lower, upper as in manual)
how can i identify these numbers for the current tf?

thanks very much.

Bodhistu Jun 25, 2010 3:49pm | Post# 1895

Fractals

just bought pipware for 2 weeks, and new to the indicator and forex. i have studied from manual and forexfactory a lot,

it not clear to me "frac 30 -17 -13" (last swing, lower, upper as in manual)
how can i identify these numbers for the current tf?

thanks very much.
Witprint,

The first number ("30" in this case) is the pip range of the last fractal swing, from low-to-high or high-to-low. The second number ("-17") is the distance, in pips, from the current price to the last fractal low. The third number ("13") is the distance, in pips, from the current price to the last fractal high.

These numbers are useful if you are using the fractal breakout strategy outlined in Stratman's manual. If the second or third numbers are approaching "0", then the current price is on the verge of possibly breaking a fractal high/low, which could lead to trend continuation or reversal. In addition, since fractal formations are typically areas of S/R, these numbers tell you how close you are to these key levels, and it is up to you to decide how, or if, you want to trade in relation to them.

At any rate, the numbers always apply to the current timeframe.

Hope that helps!

stratman Jun 28, 2010 6:36pm | Post# 1896

Dukascopy Update

When people warned me that dukascopy are very 'anal' about their paper work I should have taken more notice

Finally, my docs arrived by international courier to dukascopy beginning of last week. Bad timing as the agent assigned to me was away (all week). Finally spoke to him yesterday but was informed that my docs aren't acceptable

My name on the application is 'Rob' but my certified ID (passport) was my full first name 'Robin' ... therefore not acceptable!

The disappointing thing is that I sent copies of my ID docs by email first ie so they could be checked against the application before going to time and expense of the courier. Unfortunately, the error wasn't picked up.

Now I am filling out docs again today with my full name. They have to be sent by international courier ... so another long wait (5 days).

I have asked for a change of dukascopy agent. Someone a friend uses and has had no trouble with. I sent my docs to this agent (by email) to verify before sending by courier.

Slack Jun 29, 2010 3:20am | Post# 1897

When people warned me that dukascopy are very 'anal' about their paper work I should have taken more notice

Finally, my docs arrived by international courier to dukascopy beginning of last week....

They are definitely tight. Even their demo software locked me out after ~3 failed attempts to remember my password. It was a little too much for me, but I'm sure you'll be happy once your account is finally setup.

freedomseeke Jun 29, 2010 4:59am | Post# 1898

Horizontal Lines- In code

Hello Rob,
I have been trying to find a way to create an indicator to draw horizontal lines on the chart from start of day candle till end of day candle.

Will be grateful if you can direct me to any literature or lesson on line to be able to do this.
Want also to be able to draw them back in history.
Thank you.

stratman Jun 29, 2010 3:55pm | Post# 1899

Drawing Lines

the trick is that you have to redraw the line every time a new candle appears (on current timeframe) ... so that the line 'moves' with the chart

Hello Rob,
I have been trying to find a way to create an indicator to draw horizontal lines on the chart from start of day candle till end of day candle.

Will be grateful if you can direct me to any literature or lesson on line to be able to do this.
Want also to be able to draw them back in history.
Thank you.

freedomseeke Jun 29, 2010 8:29pm | Post# 1900

Horizontal lines

the trick is that you have to redraw the line every time a new candle appears (on current timeframe) ... so that the line 'moves' with the chart

Thank you will try to get my head round this.

© Forex Factory