Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   EUR/JPY Anytime! (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=207265)

_BBKing_ Mar 10, 2011 1:03pm | Post# 5621

today price tested 114.40 big success

later will post my idea with charts....
i think on a possible sit down near 113.70
but will check later

AlexejKir Mar 10, 2011 1:48pm | Post# 5622

closed 2 short positions. one from 114.620 -> +28pips and the other one 115.21 -> +83pips

now gonna buy @114,276 with TP 114,448.... and from there short again to see 114,120......

darksorrow Mar 11, 2011 1:06am | Post# 5623

What's wrong with this pair?

It's getting violent upside.

lolygagv2 Mar 11, 2011 1:13am | Post# 5624

What's wrong with this pair?

It's getting violent upside.

It's merely the Earthquake in japan..........the risk of a large tsunami coming across japan has a lot of people taking speculative shorts on the YEN.....I'm nearly stopped out of my position from this bs lol......argh.

darksorrow Mar 11, 2011 1:15am | Post# 5625

It's merely the Earthquake in japan..........the risk of a large tsunami coming across japan has a lot of people taking speculative shorts on the YEN.....I'm nearly stopped out of my position from this bs lol......argh.
Ohhh .. So i am also going o get a SL hit i guess. 45 more pips to go. LoL

Thanks for the reply.

_BBKing_ Mar 11, 2011 3:19am | Post# 5626

no it is because usd jpy broke 83.00 line
now in retrace.
in the case you say, was unusual the up till 115.00

lolygagv2 Mar 11, 2011 3:33am | Post# 5627

no it is because usd jpy broke 83.00 line
now in retrace.
in the case you say, was unusual the up till 115.00

that was really only relevant at that time......Yen dropped, dollar rallied. NOw it's reversed I don't know how markets will take this stuff yet.

n000b Mar 11, 2011 5:07am | Post# 5628

Current Price @ 114.65

Enter a pending order:

Short @ 114.349
Take Profit @ 113.650

SL none

~ 62 pips of profit
Was a rough ride, but atlast we got there! nice weekend everyone!

Trn007 Mar 11, 2011 5:13am | Post# 5629

any idea???

what is the target now until come back?

cheers and regards for all

oeden Mar 11, 2011 5:16am | Post# 5630

interesting moves

I've been watching the yen crosses and must admit I'm stumped as to this massive drop. Anyone have any comments other than it's Friday and this is forex

JanPoko Mar 11, 2011 5:21am | Post# 5631

I've been watching the yen crosses and must admit I'm stumped as to this massive drop. Anyone have any comments other than it's Friday and this is forex
Don't you ever read news or listen to the radio?
It's earthquake and tsunami, my dear...

scorpionFX Mar 11, 2011 5:22am | Post# 5632

This morning was an massive earthquake in Japan with power of 8.9..now also tsunami is rushing so..Nikkei is down..and Yen is rushing up..

oeden Mar 11, 2011 5:27am | Post# 5633

lol

This morning was an massive earthquake in Japan with power of 8.9..now also tsunami is rushing so..Nikkei is down..and Yen is rushing up..
Yes yes, I've been watching the news ever since the first big one hit. To be honest, I'm confused as to why the yen would gain so much when the Nikkei drops, the industrialized section of the country is in ruin, etc.

That was my question. Is there some logic I'm missing or is it just traders going ape shit?

edit: "lol", it isn't funny, but again, I wasn't laughing at the situation.

Trn007 Mar 11, 2011 5:29am | Post# 5634

why there was a devaluation of the euro / jpy?

regards

n000b Mar 11, 2011 5:29am | Post# 5635

Why would anyone buy Yen when a massive earth quake is reported? The spike upto ~115 earlier today was due to the earth quake IMHO, NOT the current down move.

alter Mar 11, 2011 5:42am | Post# 5636

Why would anyone buy Yen when a massive earth quake is reported? The spike upto ~115 earlier today was due to the earth quake IMHO, NOT the current down move.
probably becaouse they will need Yen to rebuilt destroyed areas.

iono Mar 11, 2011 5:43am | Post# 5637

Pretty interesting, I made my bones at the beginning of this scalping the hourly candle prior to the Euro open, then stopped...however for the past 45 mins or so I've been in the process of catching a falling knife and buying in at a few of the big numbers...., I'll pay the interest over the weekend as at this level it is not a bad place to position oneself...like people saw this coming, man this is FOREX, lucky, lucky on the retrace

JanPoko Mar 11, 2011 5:55am | Post# 5638

Pretty interesting, I made my bones at the beginning of this scalping the hourly candle prior to the Euro open, then stopped...however for the past 45 mins or so I've been in the process of catching a falling knife and buying in at a few of the big numbers...., I'll pay the interest over the weekend as at this level it is not a bad place to position oneself...like people saw this coming, man this is FOREX, lucky, lucky on the retrace
"paying the interest", why didn't you jump on AUDJPY pair then? You would be in practically the same position and being paid nicely on interest. And, btw, we already paid "weekend" interest on Wednesday

iono Mar 11, 2011 6:19am | Post# 5639

"paying the interest", why didn't you jump on AUDJPY pair then? You would be in practically the same position and being paid nicely on interest. And, btw, we already paid "weekend" interest on Wednesday
I trade the EURJPY as I"m more familiar with this pair, its wants, its needs, its desires (and the AUDUSD, EURUSD, GBPUSD)......

darksorrow Mar 11, 2011 7:10am | Post# 5640

Don't you ever read news or listen to the radio?
It's earthquake and tsunami, my dear...
Well i don't check newses. To be honest i don't know where to check such kind of newses. lol

I only know a few popular sources like FF and some of its competing sites. (not naming them as i might get in to trouble. )

Anything you can suggest me which does not involve reading huge articles?

© Forex Factory