Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/69-platform-tech)
-   -   anyone have a CCI indicator with alert? (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/20356-anyone-have-a-cci-indicator-with-alert)

ycomp Mar 6, 2007 3:19pm | Post# 1

anyone have a CCI indicator with alert?

Hi,

looking for a CCI indicator with an alert. Anyone got one?

thanks.

mart-hart Mar 6, 2007 3:37pm | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
Yes attached.

you can set it at zero line or any number ie 100 + & -

Mart
DoubleCCI-With_EMA.mq4

ycomp Mar 6, 2007 4:22pm | Post# 3

thanks Mart... however I was thinking more of a plain vanilla CCI that I could just set the alert when it crosses a certain value. You wouldn't have one of those also, would you?

barring that... how would I configure this double cci one to do what I need? I'm not sure what all these trend, entry fields are for.

skorcht Mar 6, 2007 11:23pm | Post# 4

1 Attachment(s)
Try this..
i added alert, just put in the HIGH and the Low and it will Ding when it is above/below.

DIDN"T get a chance to really test it yet.
CCIWithAlert.mq4

ycomp Mar 7, 2007 12:11am | Post# 5

thanks, much appreciated... I'll check it out.

mart-hart Mar 7, 2007 3:55am | Post# 6

It has already got an alert, that was the idea !!

Go to inputs

Zero cross alerts True

Alert level including negative, set it to 100 and you will get an alert window and a sound when ever it passes 100+ or 100- (or whatever number you put it)

As for all the levels just delete them in the Levels window.

Colours set whatever colour you wish from the a choice of 10,000 in the colours tab (notice how they spell colour wrong hehehe)

It is a 50/14 cci but if you just want 14 set them both to 14.
It even has a built in ema ,

Ignor all the lower entry fields, they are so you can have different settings if you swap time frames on the same chart, man this even makes the coffee.

Mart
OK I lied about the coffee

fairwind Mar 7, 2007 8:09pm | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
Hi folks,

Here's another one. I dont use alerts so I cant advise on its usefulness.

Enjoy
CCI ZeroLineCross.zip

jigracing Oct 25, 2007 7:08pm | Post# 8

Hey thanks for posting these. I did a search and this is exactly what I was looking for!

birdt Jan 14, 2008 3:55am | Post# 9

1 Attachment(s)
I wonder if someone could help me out here - I've tried these CCI files provided above but they're not quite what I'm looking for. For some reason the CCIwithalert.mq4 did not match up with the output of the SuperWoodieCCI that I've already been using effectively in a system I've been experimenting with.

I would simply like an alert when the turboCCI(10) crosses the 100 and -100 levels but I haven't got a clue how to do it.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.
_SuperWoodieCCI.mq4

Abouelzelouf Jan 14, 2008 12:19pm | Post# 10

1 Attachment(s)
I wonder if someone could help me out here - I've tried these CCI files provided above but they're not quite what I'm looking for. For some reason the CCIwithalert.mq4 did not match up with the output of the SuperWoodieCCI that I've already been using effectively in a system I've been experimenting with.

I would simply like an alert when the turboCCI(10) crosses the 100 and -100 levels but I haven't got a clue how to do it.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.
try this one hope it helps it alert and show dots on -100, 0, 100
CCIFilter_vX(2).mq4

birdt Jan 14, 2008 1:22pm | Post# 11

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you very much Abouelzelouf, although it is not identical to the CCI I already had, they are similar enough and shouldn't effect the profitability of my system too much hopefully - perhaps I'll find a way to use it to filter out a few of the bad 'uns. The fast CCI that I have must be calculated slightly differently to the regular CCI.

The red one is the Super-Woodies CCI, the green the CCI you just provided. A buy signal is triggered when the 100 level(s) is crossed by the CCI (there are other criteria that must be met). As can be seen, sometimes the green CCI hit the 100/-100 after the red CCI, sometimes before.

Thanks again, and may your generosity be compensated with a vast amount of pips.
Click to Enlarge

Name: ccidiscrepancy.gif
Size: 16 KB

Abouelzelouf Jan 14, 2008 4:10pm | Post# 12

Thank you very much Abouelzelouf, although it is not identical to the CCI I already had, they are similar enough and shouldn't effect the profitability of my system too much hopefully - perhaps I'll find a way to use it to filter out a few of the bad 'uns. The fast CCI that I have must be calculated slightly differently to the regular CCI.

The red one is the Super-Woodies CCI, the green the CCI you just provided. A buy signal is triggered when the 100 level(s) is crossed by the CCI (there are other criteria that must be met). As can be seen, sometimes the green CCI hit the 100/-100 after the red CCI, sometimes before.

Thanks again, and may your generosity be compensated with a vast amount of pips.
check if they both have the same settings. this is CCI indicator and they will work them same as other CCI put them both to 14 and they will look the same. I usually take the trade when it cross 0.

rogue Dec 3, 2009 5:57pm | Post# 13

cci histogram

Hi all i have been looking for a cci histogram can anyone help please

bkuhler Jan 11, 2010 2:03pm | Post# 14

Try this..
i added alert, just put in the HIGH and the Low and it will Ding when it is above/below.

DIDN"T get a chance to really test it yet.

I like this cci with alert but can it have a histogram instead of line. It just seems a little more clear visually on a histogram.

Thanks,
Brad Kuhler

rossobonks Jan 11, 2010 2:46pm | Post# 15

Hi

Does this indicator alert on the trend cci or the entry cci? I am looking for an alerter when Trend CCI is say positive (long) and then entry CCI is -100 (oversold) and then gives me an entry alert.

This alert indicator doesnt seem to do this am I right?

D

Ksailer May 21, 2010 2:35pm | Post# 16

CCI alert

High there,

I was looking for a cci with alert that only alerts after the candle closed. e.g.: alert levels: +-100 : the cci goes above 100 during the hourly candle but closes at 90 --> no alert
the cci is at 105 at the end of the hour --> alert!

does anyone know if such an indicator exists?? or any othe ideas??

cheers

dforant1 May 31, 2010 3:53pm | Post# 17

Can't get an alert sound. Have 0 line set for crossover. Any input? 0 cross alert set for true.

dforant1 May 31, 2010 4:37pm | Post# 18

I have the sound. Have to wait for the selected time frame to close.

dforant1 May 31, 2010 5:57pm | Post# 19

Is there a way of editing the alert on the indicator so the alert dings till stopped? Instead of once.

kaola508 May 23, 2011 8:01am | Post# 20

looking for a cci indicator with alert

anyone have a CCI indicator with alert and show when it Upper Cross -100?
many many thanks!

© Forex Factory