Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Broker Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   GoMarkets Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=201161)

doji Feb 20, 2011 7:06pm | Post# 1701

It's actually one thing I like about GoMarkets - that they don't have such limits unlike most brokers.

If they could speed up their execution time some more, I'll like them even better.

TheSnowman Feb 20, 2011 8:44pm | Post# 1702

1 Attachment(s)
I'm sure you guys are tracking my account? Can't even get in a trade - missed it by 0.00001 ???? Maybe it will come back, but then it will probably shoot for the moon.........
Click to Enlarge

Name: aud_sell_52.gif
Size: 50 KB

bogus Feb 20, 2011 9:18pm | Post# 1703

The last couple of weeks I've been checking periodically that I'm on the correct DC for me (DC4), and sometimes I have to change it manually. By doing this my execution speed has greatly improved.

skoda2008 Feb 21, 2011 12:31am | Post# 1704

What's up with the spread on AUDJPY on GoMarkets lately? It's gone through the roof!

I wrote an EA a few months ago, in which my spread limit for AUDJPY was 4.5pips. It hardly ever hit that limit. Most of last week the spread was 8pips or more.

GO Markets Feb 21, 2011 12:39am | Post# 1705

What's up with the spread on AUDJPY on GoMarkets lately? It's gone through the roof!
Hi ,

We are well aware of it, its not a pair thats traded by many clients but we have notified the liquidity providers who are investigating. Rest assured this will be fixed even if it means some of the contributing banks providing undesirable prices/spreads are removed.

You should see improvements soon.

Cheers

GO Markets Feb 21, 2011 11:01pm | Post# 1706

I wrote an EA a few months ago, in which my spread limit for AUDJPY was 4.5pips. It hardly ever hit that limit. Most of last week the spread was 8pips or more.
Hi,

As mentioned we have contacted the powers that be regarding the feed and some banks providing prices on some pairs have been removed and now the AUD/JPY should be back to good spread levels.

Hope that helps

Chris

ybfjax Feb 22, 2011 12:02am | Post# 1707

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

We are checking the Android approved apps everyday so really its anytime now. Android have to approve the app which is usually just a formality and then the app will be available.
As soon as we find it online we will let you guys know but if you find it before us then feel free to post.

Cheers
Can you also provide an alternative download?

skoda2008 Feb 22, 2011 1:57am | Post# 1708

Hi,

As mentioned we have contacted the powers that be regarding the feed and some banks providing prices on some pairs have been removed and now the AUD/JPY should be back to good spread levels.

Hope that helps

Chris
Thanks, it's back to a respectable level.

tdeu Feb 22, 2011 8:06am | Post# 1709

demo trading server address

Hi,

I'm already having MT4 installed and running.

Can someone give me the address of the demo trading server to request an demo account from there.?

Cheers

Thomas

onu Feb 22, 2011 10:24am | Post# 1710

Hi,

Can someone give me the address of the demo trading server to request an demo account from there.?

Cheers

Thomas
Why don't you ask their help desk? They ain't longer maneater there in down under ;-)

tdeu Feb 22, 2011 12:55pm | Post# 1711

sent two emails - no reply yet

Why don't you ask their help desk? They ain't longer maneater there in down under ;-)

GO Markets Feb 22, 2011 10:35pm | Post# 1712

Hi,

Cheers

Thomas
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your post,
If you wish to download a new demo simply go to www.metaquotes.net/files/gomarkets/gt4setup.exe

Hope this helps

Cheers

Chris

ybfjax Feb 23, 2011 2:13am | Post# 1713

Any update on Metatrader 5? Demo, but more importantly Live?

GO Markets Feb 23, 2011 2:20am | Post# 1714

Any update on Metatrader 5? Demo, but more importantly Live?
Hi,

We have ordered a live and demo MT5 through Metaquotes recently.
Once all the servers are configured we will give it to a few clients to test and put through its paces before we roll out to all other clients that would like to use it. To be honest we are probably still talking a couple of months before a full roll out.
Just to clarify MT5 will NOT replace MT4 it will be an alternative for our clients to use aswell as MT4.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ezzy Feb 23, 2011 2:32am | Post# 1715

Android up

Hi all

FYI just found the android up and downloaded it.

tdeu Feb 23, 2011 4:46am | Post# 1716

Sunday candle

Hi,

Does Go have a Sunday candle?

Cheers

Thomas

muzza Feb 23, 2011 6:11am | Post# 1717

Hi,

Does Go have a Sunday candle?

Cheers

Thomas

Don't seem to on a daily chart. They are GMT+2 if that helps.

tdeu Feb 23, 2011 7:38am | Post# 1718

Thanks,

was able to setup a demo account in the meantime.

I like the charts much better without the Sunday data. Especially drawing TLs etc. and the use of daily H/L indis.

I used to look at H4 charts in the past which (IMHO) give better signals during the London session if you're using a GMT +0/+1 (London/London DST) feed.

But now I'm looking at H1 charts for the medium term and D1/W1 for HTF.
Trading TF is M5.

M1/M5/M15/M30 and H1 look the same on all feeds. Some D1/W1 and MN candles have slightly different O or C. But H4 is very different on the various feeds.

Cheers

Thomas

Don't seem to on a daily chart. They are GMT+2 if that helps.

GO Markets Feb 23, 2011 5:22pm | Post# 1719

Hi all

FYI just found the android up and downloaded it.
You found it before we did!

Yes, the Android platform is now available for download through the Android Market.

We would appreciate any feedback or comments so just let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

MoreYummy Feb 23, 2011 6:37pm | Post# 1720

where do you download it?

© Forex Factory