Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Broker Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   GoMarkets Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=201161)

Ipndasno Feb 11, 2011 1:29am | Post# 1681

Use a tool such as mt4spreads.com or mt4i.com to get a good idea of what the true average spreads are at a brokerage.

It is showing 1.3 for the Eur/USd
I miss GO. too bad for being american ;(

FX__jake Feb 11, 2011 6:09am | Post# 1682

I miss GO. too bad for being american ;(
It may be worth it to renounce your citizenship.

Specificers Feb 12, 2011 3:07am | Post# 1683

To-Go Market
Withdraw have limit?
etc-1 month 1 time or never cant withdraw?

ybfjax Feb 12, 2011 4:51am | Post# 1684

It may be worth it to renounce your citizenship.
Or dual citizenship. But these can be a bit expensive. A much more practical and cheaper approach initial is just travel outside the US. It will certainly open your mind and your eyes to new possibilities. It wouldn't be a problem to open an account if you traveled. I won't go into too much details, but you would meet other expats and you could see how they work around the increasing statutory intrusiveness of western countries. You'll also get to see where the west does their outsourcing, among other things.

There was one loophole that allowed US citizen to qualify with GoM; mainly consisted of documenting you owned or managed assets in excess of $10 Million. Chris posted the details several months back. Maybe about 300 posts or so ago? Search for GoMarkets and NFA.

GO Markets Feb 13, 2011 5:30pm | Post# 1685

To-Go Market
Withdraw have limit?
etc-1 month 1 time or never cant withdraw?
Hi,

Thanks for your question. The are no limits on your withdrawals, other than being limited to the available funds on your account! You can do a withdrawal as frequently as you like.

Thanks,
Chris

Specificers Feb 14, 2011 4:11am | Post# 1686

Thanks you.Chris.
what is the minimum of GOLD ? 1 lot size - 0.10 ?

GO Markets Feb 14, 2011 4:09pm | Post# 1687

Thanks you.Chris.
what is the minimum of GOLD ? 1 lot size - 0.10 ?
Hi,

The smallest size we allow for trading on gold is 0.05 lots and it is the same for silver.

Thanks,
Chris

ybfjax Feb 14, 2011 10:48pm | Post# 1688

Hi,

The smallest size we allow for trading on gold is 0.05 lots and it is the same for silver.

Thanks,
Chris
for gold and silver, what is the 1.00 lot size = $$ base currency units ? is it 100,000 units like the other forex pairs? what is one pip equal to?

GO Markets Feb 15, 2011 12:22am | Post# 1689

for gold and silver, what is the 1.00 lot size = $$ base currency units ? is it 100,000 units like the other forex pairs? what is one pip equal to?
It works a little differently for each, so here goes -

GOLD:

contract size: 100 troy oz
per cent value: $1

SILVER:

contract size: 5,000 troy oz
per cent value: $50

Hope that helps.

Chris

Specificers Feb 15, 2011 12:49am | Post# 1690

Chris
--------------
If I deposit 2000 GBP , GOLD minimum 1 pips is 0.10 or more less?

skoda2008 Feb 15, 2011 4:07am | Post# 1691

In simple terms if you purchase 1 lot of gold, if the price moves $1 you profit/lose $100. The spread is 50c, ie. $50 on one lot. Hope that simplifies it.

ChadFX Feb 15, 2011 9:29am | Post# 1692

Chris,

Does GO Markets accept client from Thailand? Are Thai Passport and Thai citizen ID enough to open the account?

GO Markets Feb 15, 2011 5:55pm | Post# 1693

Chris,

Does GO Markets accept client from Thailand? Are Thai Passport and Thai citizen ID enough to open the account?
Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Yes we can open an account for clients in Thailand and yes the ID you mention should be fine to open an account.

Hope this helps

Chris

ybfjax Feb 16, 2011 10:00am | Post# 1694

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Yes we can open an account for clients in Thailand and yes the ID you mention should be fine to open an account.

Hope this helps

Chris
What about a thai drivers license or motorcycle license?

Ezzy Feb 18, 2011 9:47pm | Post# 1695

Hi,
As mentioned above we have an Android App becoming available within about a week and at present we have an I-phone App thats available at the Apple App store free of charge.
Blackberry Apps for the new operating system should also be available in about 2 months.

Hope this helps
Hi

Jut wondering if the android app is out yet.

Thanks

tdeu Feb 20, 2011 6:02pm | Post# 1696

Minimum level for placing SL and TP as well as Stop and Limit Orders from a current m

Hi Go,

What is the minimum level for placing SL and TP as well as Stop and Limit Orders from a current market price?

E.g. With OANDA it's possible to enter a pending buy stop order 0.1 pip above the current ask-price.

Cheers

Thomas

GO Markets Feb 20, 2011 6:36pm | Post# 1697

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

We are checking the Android approved apps everyday so really its anytime now. Android have to approve the app which is usually just a formality and then the app will be available.
As soon as we find it online we will let you guys know but if you find it before us then feel free to post.

Cheers

GO Markets Feb 20, 2011 6:37pm | Post# 1698

Hi Go,

What is the minimum level for placing SL and TP as well as Stop and Limit Orders from a current market price?

E.g. With OANDA it's possible to enter a pending buy stop order 0.1 pip above the current ask-price.

Cheers

Thomas
Hi,

Thanks for your post.

It may interest you to know that we dont have any minimum distance levels for placing stops or limits from the current market price so you are free to place them wherever you like.

Hope this helps

Chris

muzza Feb 20, 2011 6:40pm | Post# 1699

Hi Go,

Cheers

Thomas
0 pips ie no minimum

tdeu Feb 20, 2011 6:45pm | Post# 1700

Thanks for that. Sounds good.

I'm trading PA on M5 - so I need to trade the breakout of a candles.

Otherwise it would be impossible to trade a breakout of a candle, that closes near its high.

I'm really wondering, how other brokers (like FxPro/Alpari) can have a min of 3 pips for that on GU and 5 pips on EJ?

Cheers

Thomas

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

It may interest you to know that we dont have any minimum distance levels for placing stops or limits from the current market price so you are free to place them wherever you like.

Hope this helps

Chris

© Forex Factory