Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Macroeconomic Analysis (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=200485)

Sal.Vi Aug 30, 2013 3:31pm | Post# 821

►►Financial Markets Observatory Lab.◀◀

H! ALL

Some charts about FOREX pairs of US$: Indian Rupie [ ].
Alert on a possible MeltDown of Indian Rupie vs. US$ !!!

https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred...ate=2013-08-30

Sorry for my bad English. I hope that this post is at least minimally useful.
Tuned on main trend, but follows short-medium term signs from underlying prices, for a correct & real-time set-up.
It is very important do not anticipate the main trend of the underlying financial instruments.

☻/ ❖ EARTH.pk, Alert 2.O !!! ❖
/▌
/|

ⒾM☢ ℬy $@❣♆¥ ►►♥█║▌│││█║℠║▌║▌▌║█❤◀◀
K$ADDhAPhA'pe'KAMPA': Bunda-Bunda MPR ❣!❣

Sal.Vi Sep 1, 2013 3:00pm | Post# 822

1 Attachment(s)

H! ALL

Some notes/charts about Nasdaq/100 PP Indicator.
General stocks-benchmarks as follows:
► main U.S. stocks-benchmarks (charts & notes: QQQ; ONEQ; DIA; OEF; SPY);
► global U.S. stocks-benchmarks (charts & notes: EUSA; ITOT; IWB; IWV; IYY; TMW);
► global World stocks-benchmarks (charts & notes: ACWI; DGT; IOO; NYSE W.L.I.; ONEF; VT).
❖ Previous studies: apr.2013.

☒ In this post there is a short-view about a personal indicator (3 curves/frames: blue < red < white; in-phase vs. underlyings; see the previous post for notes) in order to evaluates the main trend of Nasdaq/100, with a very simple algorithm (data obtained from Nasdaq).
There are some important graphical elements in the short term pattern of curves:
-) from the top of may.2013, there is a behavioural divergence between curves vs. QQQ;
-) the ascending lines from the lows of 2012 are in full descending-test, with a preliminar breaks (dangerous signal for underlyings);
-) the curves are now in ful descending-test of the 1-line (see the Yellow circles on the blue horizontal-lines) !!!
There are some alert-signs on the Nd/100 PP Indicator.

Tuned on main trend, but follows short-medium term signs from underlying prices, for a correct & real-time set-up.
It is very important do not anticipate the main trend of the underlying financial instruments.

/▌
/|

I.M.O. by Sa!Vi ►►♥█║▌│││█║℠║▌║▌▌║█❤◀◀
K$ADDhAPhA'pe'KAMPA': Bunda-Bunda MPR !❣!

Click to Enlarge

Name: Sa!Vyjpg4.jpg
Size: 849 KB

Sal.Vi Sep 3, 2013 3:50pm | Post# 823

1 Attachment(s)

Some notes/charts about CBOE QQQ Volatility Indicator.
► global U.S. stocks-benchmarks (charts & notes: EUSA; ITOT; IWB; IWV; IYY; TMW);
► global World stocks-benchmarks (charts & notes: ACWI; DGT; IOO; NYSE W.L.I.; ONEF; VT).
❖ Previous studies: apr.2013.
❖ Chart sources: FreeStockCharts.

☒ In this post there are two chart-frames of CBOE QQQ Volatility Indicator (about contrarian vs. underlyings).
There are some interesting & short-term graphical signs:
-) curve (see h4) well above the 10mo. averages;
-) horizontal GraphicalContest with local very important impact on prices;
-) monstre spike in march (divergence in-progress vs. QQQ ???).
Alert on these signs !!!

/▌
/|

Click to Enlarge

Name: Sa!Vyjpg5.jpg
Size: 900 KB

Sal.Vi Sep 7, 2013 10:45am | Post# 824

Some notes/charts about China Renminbi [CN] vs. US$ (BRICS currencies).
❖ Chart sources: St.Louis FED.
https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred...ate=2013-09-07

/▌
/|

Sal.Vi Sep 7, 2013 10:50am | Post# 825

Some notes/charts about Brazil Real [R$ or BRL] vs. US$ (BRICS currencies).

/▌
/|

I.M.O. by Sa!Vi ►►♥█║▌│││█║℠™║▌║▌▌║█❤◀◀
K€$ADDhAPhA'pe'KAMPA': Bunda-Bunda €MPR€ !❣!

Sal.Vi Sep 7, 2013 10:55am | Post# 826

Some notes/charts about South African Rand [R or ZAR] vs. US$ (BRICS currencies).

/▌
/|

k.k Sep 7, 2013 11:12am | Post# 827

Hi sal.vi, would you please tell me more about your system and what is the meaning of
/▌
/|

K$ADDhAPhA'pe'KAMPA': Bunda-Bunda MPR !❣

Thank you in advance.

Sal.Vi Sep 8, 2013 6:06am | Post# 828

►►Reply◀◀

Good Sunday K.K. !!!

Thanks for the requests.
My system ??? The chart sources ??? StockCharts, FreeStockCharts, FED-sites, ProRealTime, Finviz, & more

This is my ''crazy'' signature !!!
-) EARTH.pk because our planet is in a very bad situation (socio-economic & ecologic).
-) IMO by Sa!Vi because all that I link & write are my only opinion.
-) K$ADDhAPhA'pe'KAMPA' is a ''slang'' of my country (= What must I do to live! ).
-) Bunda-Bunda EMpire is the absurde run toward the 10y Deutsche Gov.Bond.

Hi sal.vi, would you please tell me more about your system and what is the meaning of ☻/ ❖ EARTH.pk, Alert 2.O !!! ❖ /▌ /| I.M.O. by Sa!Vi ►►♥█║▌│││█║℠║▌║▌▌║█❤◀◀ K$ADDhAPhA'pe'KAMPA': Bunda-Bunda MPR !❣ Thank you in advance.

Sal.Vi Sep 9, 2013 8:23am | Post# 829

1 Attachment(s)

Some notes/charts about BRICS currencies average vs. US$.

☒ In this post there is a simple average of 4 currencies of BRICS (Brazil, India, China, South Africa) vs. US$, in order to study the relative strength of the consolidated emerging currencies.
The average curve shows an important & structural long-term ascending-rectangle, with prices preliminarly above its superior level (US$ >> BRICS) !!!
There is also a giant bullish-cup (blue-area), with an about completed target (see blue-column).
The actual structure of average curve shows impulsive behaviour of prices, with a first important target obtained (cup-target).
A sencond and monstre target there will be only if the prices will be in continuation-bull above the giant rectangle.
Prices inside the rectangle, but in the superior half of this, are compatible with the impulsive model.

/▌
/|

Click to Enlarge

Size: 559 KB

k.k Sep 9, 2013 11:26am | Post# 830

Thank you very much for your response. I am also believe in our planet in bad situation.
Would you please tell me how you use this information for trading? when you buy or sell?
Sorry for my bad English too.

Fx_Anil Sep 10, 2013 9:18am | Post# 831

Financial world is eagerly waiting for the September 18, FOMC Meeting where the fate of $85 billion asset purchase program may be decided. Recent improvements in Chinese economic indicators have generated optimism for the rest of the industrial world and a rise demand for Riskier asset (especially AUD). Britain is bearing the fruits of better economic indicators while JPY is playing hide and seek with US Dollar coupled with Japanese government's view that depriciation in currency is needed to boost the export income. Little economics to track for the upcoming week.

Sal.Vi Sep 10, 2013 3:11pm | Post# 832

►►Reply◀◀

Hi K.K.

Thanks for this sendon question.
The posts in this section are useful only for the global evaluation of financial markets or a segment-assets of financial markets (gold; US$; equity; financial stress; breadth & options indicators for U.S. equity; etc.).
Infact the sub-title is '''Financial Markets Observatory Lab.'''
Trading charts & data are in a second section of this area of ForexFactory: Stock data

Thank you very much for your response. I am also believe in our planet in bad situation. Would you please tell me how you use this information for trading? when you buy or sell? Sorry for my bad English too.

Sal.Vi Sep 14, 2013 2:47pm | Post# 833

Some notes/charts about NYSE Bullish % Indicator.
❖ Chart sources:BigCharts; InvestorIntelligence.

In this chart there is a very usefull breadth-indicator of NYSE stocks Index: the bullish% Indicator.

This indicator is compared to the price-evolutions of the three ETF benchmarks for the main indexes of U.S. stocks market: TMW, IYY, ITOT (ex ISI).
-) The recent structure of indicator (post top of 2009) is very similar to post 2004 structure !!!
-) There are a little spread among the recent tops (2009 vs. 2010/2011/2012/2013) compared to the situation of 2009-2007.
-) In the 2004-2007 phase, the break of previous lows was a very anticipatory sign of the next bear-evolution; in the actual phase, there is not a bear evolution post-2011 key-lows !!!
-) The divergence behaviours of the indicator vs. three benchmarks are very important in the phase post 2008 !!!
-) Actual values are above the 60-level (no stress area), but a break of this zone can cause a first important sell-sign, with a target on the 50-level.
Curve below the 50-level will cause a reversal of the local trend in bearish status, with important effects on underlyings.

Curve between 60-50 levels is in simple correction-behaviour, without reversal of main trend.
Curve above the top-divergences (2009-2013) has an important bullish impact on underlyings.

http://www.investorsintelligence.com...&w=1000&h=1000
http://www.marketwatch.com/kaavio.We...720&mocktick=1

/▌
/|

Sal.Vi Sep 17, 2013 8:40am | Post# 834

2 Attachment(s)

Some notes/charts about Personal Summation Indicator on NYSE.
❖ Chart sources:StockCharts; FreeStockCharts.

In this chart there are two formats of my personal indicator (r-spread; about in phase vs. US stocks-market; notes below) of ''NYSE Summation Index'' vs. ''Volatility Indicator (1 mo.) on S&P500''.
In the first format (summation in Ratio-adjusted version) the curve shows the following elements:
-) important divergence (tops & lows) vs. underlyings post 2009;
-) main key-levels in the area of yellow circles;
-) main trend of curve from the lows of 2009 again in bullish status;

-) actual value above 0-line;
-) 2007 behavious of curve very similar to 2013.
In the second format the structure of curve is in complete bearish-array, with very critical level in the actual phase !!!
The graphical signs are very interestings, and shows an important increase of volatility component.
The actual lows on not adjusted curve (montly ema-format) shows a local buy-sign but a trend in hard bearish array (value well below 0-line & main ema).
The structure of adjusted curve (daily long-term ema-format) shows bad local situation in medium-term, but a main trend again in bullish-status.
It is very important to monitor the key levels on the adjusted curve, in order to understand the evolution of the structural trend.

It is very important do not anticipate the main trend of the underlying financial instruments

/▌
/|

NOTES on spread indicators or H.I.
The curve of the spread (or Hedge Ind. = H.I.) is obtained by placing the first term (dividend) in the numerator if the curve is an r-spreads, or to the minuend if the curve is a d-spread.
According to the amplitude of curve, you can use a linear mode or a logarithmic scale only on 'y' prices (semi-log. charts ); the logarithmic scale, depending on the G-Tol, can be in Briggs base (base = 10) or with a napier base (base = e).
A decrease of both components can still determine an increase or less of the prices of the indicator obtained or spread (or Hedge.Indicator in other studies), because of the variations of the components may have different speeds or slopes.
A decrease indicates a loss of strength of the numerator (or the minuend) vs. second component; an increase indicates an increase in strength of the numerator (or the minuend) vs. second component.
It is not an operative analysis, but this method provides a key in order to view (on frames chosen) of the sentiment on the components used.
Therefore it is much more useful to look at and analyze the general trend of the curve and the comparison with the previous lows / tops, instead of dwelling on the scale of absolute value (prices).
Charts are in ema-format (replacement of the courses with exp.mov.aver.: personal innovation) in order to purificale signals on these curves very volatile. The ema-format can be used for short, long, linear, logarithmic, daily, weekly, monthly, etc., chart types.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Sa!Vyjpg4.jpg
Size: 496 KB
Click to Enlarge

Size: 899 KB

Sal.Vi Sep 19, 2013 10:32am | Post# 835

1 Attachment(s)

Some notes/charts about BitCoin.
❖ Chart sources: BitCoinCharts.

/▌
/|

Click to Enlarge

Size: 551 KB

Sal.Vi Oct 6, 2013 6:12am | Post# 836

Financial Markets Observatory Lab.

Some notes/charts about SUN benchmarks.

Aim of this post.
This post is a preliminar work about the main benchmarks of the sun stocks listed in the US stocks market.
In this first part there is a comparation of curve behaviours of sun benchmarks vs. wind & general benchmarks, with a review of previous resources & studies (see below).

General stocks-benchmarks usefull for this post.

Previous posts.

❖ SUN benchmarks, others, june.2012 -- KWT & TAN, jan.2013, mag.2012, 2008.
❖ ⒻⓈⓁⓇ review of previous charts & studies; ⒻⓈⓁⓇ recent up-date; main Pv companies.
❖ Sun 'nrg' stocks-benchmarks: KWT; TAN; SOLEX; comparative curve vs. wind-benchmarks; KWT, TAN, FAN charts & data.
PV-data; thin-film review.
❖ Commodities for PV-panels: Cd -- Ga -- In -- Se -- Si -- Te
(previous 2010-charts; 2012-charts).
Comparative posts on Sun Stocks: mar.2013, apr.2013.
Previous posts on sun stocks (data & charts): ASTI, CSIQ, CSUN, DQ, DSTI, FSLR, HSOL, JASO, JKS, LDK, SPWR, STP, RSOL, SOL, TSL, YGE.

CURVES.

TAN Slow Stock., DMI, Slow Volat. -- yearly.

KWT Slow Stock., DMI, Slow Volat. -- yearly.

FAN Slow Stock., DMI, Slow Volat. -- yearly.

Chart sources.
BigCharts.

/▌
/|

Sal.Vi Oct 6, 2013 10:12am | Post# 837

2 Attachment(s)

FINANCIAL MARKETS OBSERVATORY LAB.

Some notes/charts about SUN benchmark TAN.

Aim of this post.
This post is a first study about the main benchmarks of the sun stocks listed in the US stocks market; in particular the ETF TAN.
In this post there are some graphical notes about the TAN h4 frame in ema-format, in order to obtain a short & mid term view on the evolution of sun sector.

Previous posts.

❖ SUN benchmarks & stocks review.

Main graphical elements.
-) The hard descending channel (lines with red-squares) was brocken in the first quarter of 2012.
-) The secondary channel (dark-red area) was brocken in the first quarter of 2013; this event marks the end of the hard bearish trend.
-) the target of the secondary bearish channel (dotted red line) was brocken in the mid of 2013; this event marks a second & importat step toward a bullish reversal of curve.
-) The basal Head&Shoulders (pink area) was activated about in May-June 2012, with realized target in the key price-area of triple lows of 2011. Now this price-area is interested by the M/10 or Multiple 10mo. average is a combination of the following curve (yellow-lines): sma, ema, fwma, vwma, triangular-ma, Wilders-ma, Envelope-ema.
-) There is an high spread between prices vs. M/10 (very positive for the bullish trend stability).
-) The impressive bullish progression from the second half of 2013, now realize a level of curve in full ascending impact to the double tops of gray-cup oct.2011-feb.2012 (37.7/38.3$ as h4 ema-format); this level is the possible neck-line of a GraphicalContest between multiple tops vs. Cup&Handle or H&S (according to the
evolutions of the next weeks ), with a price area of 25$ (mid-level of area: 25.0/25.0$) !!!

Note.
It is probable that a stop of the bullish progression of TAN, there will be (in h4 ema-format) at 36-40$.
The next phase is very important in order to obtain a bearish pause of new bullish trend (started in nov.2012) or a re-start of the main bearish trend (started in 2008).

The area among, M/10, pink-H&S target, mid-level of giant gray-area, and two of three lows of 2011, is the possible switch-zone between bullish reversal vs. hard bearish reactivation !!!

Price-clusters.
According to the above graphical elements, we can see the following local or short-term price-clusters:
64.0/65.0 (up-target of GraphicalƉetonator) & 65.5/64.2$ (lows of june-july-2011).
51.8/48.4$ (lows of aug.2011).
► 37.7/38.3$ as GraphicalƉetonator for local & mid-term evolution of TAN.
29.0$
27.3$
24.7/25.0/25.5/26.0/26.5$
20.0$

Chart sources.
FreeStockCharts; TradingView.

/▌
/|

Click to Enlarge

Name: Sa!Vyjpg0.jpg
Size: 601 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Sa!Vyjpg1.jpg
Size: 392 KB

Sal.Vi Oct 20, 2013 5:20pm | Post# 838

3 Attachment(s)

Some notes/charts about SUN benchmark TAN.

Aim of this post.
This post is the continuation study about the main benchmarks of the sun stocks listed in the US stocks market; in particular the ETF TAN.
In this post there are some graphical notes about the TAN weekly, monthly & yearly frames (both in ema-format and in candles-format), in order to obtain a structural view on the evolution of sun sector.

► global U.S. stocks-benchmarks (
charts & notes: EUSA; ITOT; IWB; IWV; IYY; TMW);
► global World stocks-benchmarks (
charts & notes: ACWI; DGT; IOO; NYSE W.L.I.; ONEF; VT).

Previous posts.
❖ SUN benchmarks & stocks review.
❖ TAN
h4-frame study.

Main graphical elements (see charts).
-) Inside yearly 2009.
-) Inside monthly nov.2008.
-) Price well above the
M/10 or Multiple 10mo. average, a combination of the curve (yellow-lines) sma, ema, fwma, vwma, triangular-ma, Wilders-ma, Envelope-ema.

-) High spread between prices vs. M/10 (very positive for the bullish trend stability).
-) Preliminar reversal of the ichimoku indicator.
-) Big pink-cup 2009-2011.

-) Apical red-cup 2009-2010.
-) ''In-progress'' gray-cup 2011-now.
-) Descending rectangle from 2009 (A1/A2 marked).

Note.
It is probable that a stop of the bullish progression of TAN, there will be (in ema-format) at 36-40$.
The next phase is very important in order to obtain a bearish pause of new bullish trend (started in nov.2012) or a re-start of the main bearish trend (started in 2008).

The area among, M/10, pink-H&S target, mid-level of giant gray-area, and two of three lows of 2011, is the possible switch-zone between bullish reversal vs. hard bearish reactivation (see previous h4-frame study) !!!
A first or local GraphicalƉetonator is the level of double tops of gray-cup oct.2011-feb.2012 (36.2/35.1$ as weekly ema-format); this level is the possible neck-line of a GraphicalContest between multiple tops vs. Cup&Handle or H&S (according to the evolutions of the next weeks ), with a price area of 25$ (mid-level of area: 25.0/25.0$).
A second & structural GraphicalƉetonator is the low of 2009 = neck of the big pink-cup = low of inside 2009 !!! Now this level is in set-up both weekly ema-200 and ascending blue-channel from 2012-lows !!! A little above there is the target of bearish red-cup !!! This level is very critical in order to test the upper-line of descending rectangle A1/A2, with a possible cross !!!

Price-clusters (in US$).
According to the above graphical elements, we can see the following price-clusters:
138.4/140.0/144.0
79.6/81.7/84.0
64.0/64.2/65.0/65.5
49.4/51.8/54.0/58.3 as GraphicalƉetonator area for structural evolution of TAN.
► 36.2/35.1 as
GraphicalƉetonator for local & mid-term evolution of TAN.
28.0/29.0
24.7/25.0/25.5/26.0/26.5/27.3
20.0/21.0/22.0

Chart sources.
FreeStockCharts; TradingView.

/▌
/|

Click to Enlarge

Size: 1.3 MB
Click to Enlarge

Size: 1.6 MB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Sa!Vyjpg2.jpg
Size: 444 KB

Sal.Vi Oct 26, 2013 4:50pm | Post# 839

2 Attachment(s)

Some notes/charts about Global US Stocks Benchmarks.

Aim of this post.
In this post there are some ETF as global US stocks benchmarks.
Charts are in ema-format & linear scale and the aim is to shows some giants structures ''in-progress'', with important possible impacts on the evolution of the curves. Compare these structures with the previous of S&P/100 and other benchmarks (short-term).

► global U.S. stocks-benchmarks (
charts & notes: EUSA; ITOT; IWB; IWV; IYY; THRK);
► global World stocks-benchmarks (
charts & notes: ACWI; DGT; IOO; NYSE W.L.I.; ONEF; VT).

Previous posts.
S&P/100 and review of other studies of Feb.2013.
❖ Global US & World benchmarks
short-term reviews of Jan.2013.

Main graphical elements (see charts).
There is a giant cup based on 2007 tops, in preliminar bullish status, on the three benchmarks (same situation
for IWB & IWV ETF).
-) Prices well above the
M/10 or Multiple 10mo. average, a combination of the curve (yellow-lines) sma, ema, fwma, vwma, triangular-ma, Wilders-ma, Envelope-ema.

Note.
These megalithic structures are very important for a possible continuation-bull of trend; see also the conclusions obtained in the previous post for S&P/100.
The price-evolutions of the previous Jan.2013 post, was correct !!!

Chart sources.
FreeStockCharts.

/▌
/|

Click to Enlarge

Size: 1.5 MB
Click to Enlarge

Size: 810 KB

Sal.Vi Oct 30, 2013 5:26pm | Post# 840

3 Attachment(s)

►FINANCIAL MARKETS OBSERVATORY LAB.◀

Some notes/charts about Renaissance Capital's III/Q 2013 Global IPO Review.

Aim of the post.
The aim of this post is to summarize the main charts of the III quarter report of Renaissance IPO studies on global markets.

► global U.S. stocks-benchmarks (charts & notes: EUSA; ITOT; IWB; IWV; IYY; THRK);

Previous posts.
mar.2013.

Main graphical elements.
See the charts.

Chart sources.
❖ Renaissance.

/▌
/|

K€$ADDhAPhA'pe'KAMPA': Bunda-Bunda €MPR€ ❣!!!❣

Click to Enlarge

Size: 952 KB
Click to Enlarge

Size: 999 KB
Click to Enlarge