Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Broker Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Is there a Trading Platform that can do this .... (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=195)

Jetheat May 8, 2004 8:16am | Post# 1

Is there a Trading Platform that can do this ....

Is there a free or trial Trading Platform which can:

work offline?

So if you are not connected to the net or are using a laptop away from home, I'd like to be able to see the charts and study them using TA.

To do this, I need a platform whereby I can either save the charts and look at them offline or have the platform open up at the last snapshot it had off all the charts.

It should include a scroll bar so you can look back at previous price action.

Is there such a platform or software that can do this?

Orion602 May 8, 2004 2:54pm | Post# 2

Is there a free or trial Trading Platform which can:

work offline?

So if you are not connected to the net or are using a laptop away from home, I'd like to be able to see the charts and study them using TA.

To do this, I need a platform whereby I can either save the charts and look at them offline or have the platform open up at the last snapshot it had off all the charts.

It should include a scroll bar so you can look back at previous price action.

Is there such a platform or software that can do this?
I'm using MetaTrader (www.metaquotes.net) and charts offered by Mg forex (www.mgforex.com) (i think there is 30 days free trial)

Jetheat May 8, 2004 4:31pm | Post# 3

I just downloaded MetaTrader but I cant seem to make it work offline.
Do you know how I can do this?

I also think that the MetaTrader software is a bit basic with its functionality compared to something like VT or GFT.

Any other solutions?

Orion602 May 8, 2004 6:01pm | Post# 4

I just downloaded MetaTrader but I cant seem to make it work offline.
Do you know how I can do this?

I also think that the MetaTrader software is a bit basic with its functionality compared to something like VT or GFT.

Any other solutions?
it works for me.I have created and saved several profiles and it automaticly saves data from opened charts. It creates charts from historical data (stored in "bases" directory i think )when i am offline.....

Jetheat May 8, 2004 7:06pm | Post# 5

it works for me.I have created and saved several profiles and it automaticly saves data from opened charts. It creates charts from historical data (stored in "bases" directory i think )when i am offline.....
How do I save an entire chart to view it later. It doesnt allow me to name it with an ext called hst which is the ext it uses to retrieve offline charts?

Orion602 May 9, 2004 3:26am | Post# 6

How do I save an entire chart to view it later. It doesnt allow me to name it with an ext called hst which is the ext it uses to retrieve offline charts?
I don't save charts.it saves automatically data as .hst files (for example AUDUSD15.hst - 15 min chart for aussie).Just leave charts open and close metatrader.
If you want to save your own settings and indicators save it as a "template" and you can open it on any chart next time.

www.metaquotes.net/metatrader/userguide.htm

stewrigh Apr 16, 2009 9:23am | Post# 7

SSSS

eewdADASD

faisal13 Nov 26, 2017 3:08am | Post# 8

Via forex trading platform, you can choose from a full range of simple and complex order types with superior execution and reliability. You can get customizable drawing tools, and trade directly from charts. You will never miss an opportunity with integrated analysis, news and trade ideas, Spot opportunities, trade and manage your positions from a full suite of mobile and tablet apps. I think trading platform can do this, you just need to choose the right one for you.

© Forex Factory