Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   MT4 candlestick indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=19143)

aeu97137 Feb 25, 2007 10:31am | Post# 1

MT4 candlestick indicator

Does anyone know of an MT4 indicator which identifes specific candlestick patterns? e.g. hanging man or doji stars, etc.

I'm just thinking that it would be useful for identifying prime set-ups (if combined with an alert) when you are looking at different charts / not at the computer.

Thanks
Jason

C.E.O. Feb 25, 2007 11:41am | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
You can try this one
PriceAction AHA 0_2.ex4

highway Feb 25, 2007 11:48am | Post# 3

here

Does anyone know of an MT4 indicator which identifes specific candlestick patterns? e.g. hanging man or doji stars, etc.

I'm just thinking that it would be useful for identifying prime set-ups (if combined with an alert) when you are looking at different charts / not at the computer.

Thanks
Jason
Try google candlestick pattern or candlestick identification DOT mq4

http://www.lightpatch.com/forex/_MT4_Experts/

And others too
Whole collection for you

aeu97137 Feb 25, 2007 12:32pm | Post# 4

Nice one, thanks Guys!

et_phonehome_2 Feb 25, 2007 12:50pm | Post# 5

CEO

Do you have a link which talks more about this indicator?

ET

hapalkos Feb 25, 2007 12:55pm | Post# 6

Pattern Recognition

1 Attachment(s)

Thanks
Jason
Here is one that you can customize to your needs.
Pattern_Recognition.mq4

et_phonehome_2 Feb 25, 2007 12:59pm | Post# 7

In programming code, how can one identify whether a candle is bullish or bearish, that is, I don't care what candlestick type it is?

smjones Feb 25, 2007 1:04pm | Post# 8

In programming code, how can one identify whether a candle is bullish or bearish, that is, I don't care what candlestick type it is?
Just test whether the current price is > or < the open.

bool Bullish;
Bullish = if Close > Open, True, False;

Here is a psuedo code.

hapalkos Feb 25, 2007 1:20pm | Post# 9

Candel Sticks

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe there is something of interest in this code. It displays up and down arrows based on candlestick patterns. It looks like it was intended for the pattern types to be printed to the screen. That does not seem to work but is probably easy to fix.
Candel Sticks.mq4

decidence Oct 20, 2009 12:14am | Post# 10

Has anyone found a candlestick pattern recognition indicator that has the higher probability patterns (3 candle patterns etc)?

xtfxtf Oct 22, 2009 12:06pm | Post# 11

Just test whether the current price is > or < the open.

bool Bullish;
Bullish = if Close > Open, True, False;

Here is a psuedo code.

Not necessarily. If e.g there is a long wick downwards and the close lower than the open it would be bullish.

ForceFollowr Jan 16, 2014 6:14am | Post# 12

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a simple code to plot the candlesticks in the NinjaTrader or eSignal style. After you apply this indicator, change the settings in Properties (F8) Bar Up/Down, Bull/Bear Candle to None and the color scheme "... on White". You'll have the candles displayed the way I like the most with the shadows (wicks) black and candle bodies (themselves only) lime and red. The colors and widths are easily customizable.
Attachment 1348982
NinjaCandlesticks.mq4

bigmalcho Sep 1, 2015 12:04pm | Post# 13

Does anyone have a Candle Stick Pattern indicator ?

CndlstckChic Nov 30, 2015 2:33am | Post# 14

I'm using this one, and it works great...does all the stuff you mentioned and sends alerts to my iphone.

tillionaire Aug 25, 2016 3:36pm | Post# 15

Hey guys,

Anyone still using this strategy?!

© Forex Factory