Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Daily GBP/JPY analysis (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=16691)

dukeofdents Feb 6, 2007 10:18pm | Post# 1

Daily GBP/JPY analysis

The Duke says if you're not trading GBP/JPY right now you need to start. This is an incredibly high-yielding situation, but how long it will last, I don't know. I have copious analysis on this pair because I've been making silly money with it of late, but I wouldn't be surprised if others have as well. Let's get together and analyze it, for fun and profits.

zawodowiec Feb 6, 2007 10:26pm | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
I guess a lot depends on what will be said in the G7 meeting. However, here's a chart showing a key support. Unless it is broken, this can be a good place to go long. What do you think?
Name:  10.gif
Views: 95042
Size:  13 KB

dukeofdents Feb 6, 2007 10:35pm | Post# 3

1 Attachment(s)
While I'm not a big afficianado of one system or another, 4hr vegas combined with candlestick analysis seems okay on this one, and screw the G7, get your money this week:
Name:  gbpv.gif
Views: 94873
Size:  18 KB

dukeofdents Feb 6, 2007 10:38pm | Post# 4

Been long since 236.10 and staying that way...

pipple Feb 6, 2007 10:39pm | Post# 5

duke,
i have a nice buy signal on this pair with the 10 and 20 MA's crossing up over the 50.
cant post chart

what do you think?
Pipple

dukeofdents Feb 6, 2007 10:48pm | Post# 6

BUY! BUY! BUY!

I do not give individual financial advice. Any information I disseminate is completely general, and based on your specific situation, may result in a gain or loss of money. I am not, nor do I claim to be, a certified financial advisor. The securities, equities, and futures markets carry a high degree of risk only warranted by your own tolerance for that risk. Kids, don't try this at home...

pipple Feb 6, 2007 11:01pm | Post# 7

BUY! BUY! BUY!

I do not give individual financial advice. Any information I disseminate is completely general, and based on your specific situation, may result in a gain or loss of money. I am not, nor do I claim to be, a certified financial advisor. The securities, equities, and futures markets carry a high degree of risk only warranted by your own tolerance for that risk. Kids, don't try this at home...

i feel the same way was taking it no matter what ya said

dukeofdents Feb 6, 2007 11:03pm | Post# 8

I guess you have to give a disclaimer to keep from getting sued, at least that's what all the infomercial gurus told me when I went to infomercial guru class...

dukeofdents Feb 6, 2007 11:07pm | Post# 9

Then again, since nobody knows who I really am, it would be pretty hard to sue me. I hope to have a forex infomercial and my own bucket shop/brokerage someday, since I can't make any real money actually doing it...

Mr Trend Feb 6, 2007 11:23pm | Post# 10

dukeofdents, I was wondering where you've been for the past month. Kinda been missing ya. Are brokers offering reload bonuses now?

59fender Feb 6, 2007 11:53pm | Post# 11

While I'm not a big afficianado of one system or another, 4hr vegas combined with candlestick analysis seems okay on this one, and screw the G7, get your money this week:
looking at that chart, looks like the highs are getting lower and the lows are getting lower

trader69 Feb 7, 2007 12:24am | Post# 12

PoundTheYen

shoulda went long @ 200.00!! still kickin myself!!

imbiber Feb 7, 2007 12:57am | Post# 13

I'm glad someone started a thread on this pair. It's my favorite pair. We have a love hate relationship, lol.

Long @ 236.79. I got crushed with a long this morning.

59fender Feb 7, 2007 1:14am | Post# 14

small short 237.24

yudi2006 Feb 7, 2007 1:27am | Post# 15

1 mounth up to 100%

iam agree with a duke statment (The Duke says if you're not trading GBP/JPY right now you need to start ) cause my money at forex up to 100% trade at g/j very naice

flareup Feb 7, 2007 1:55am | Post# 16

daily action

something to ponder.... if you put an indicator such as bunnygirl that will plot the daily open 0:00gmt, the price will hover around it for at most 4 hours, then rocket off for 50-100 pips. it does it every single day.....

my favorite pair.

bodge Feb 7, 2007 2:49am | Post# 17

Just the kind of thread I've been waiting for.
There may be some minor resistance around the current price (237.40) but it's bullish all the way.
Aren't all the pound pairs bullish?

Dollar-Man Feb 7, 2007 3:45am | Post# 18

target 240

was long since 235.86, closed at 237.05...looking for a retracement so i can climb upto 240 on this pair.

Note: this is not a call and should not be misconstrued to be one.

Dollar-Manhttp://www.forexfactory.com/images/icons/dollar.gif

Rizz Feb 7, 2007 3:48am | Post# 19

I am trading this pair for few months now and had some good trades.

I am long sice 236.35 and my first target is around 238.60.

southernmind Feb 7, 2007 4:04am | Post# 20

The only thing I dislike about the GBP/JPY (as well as the EUR/JPY) is that its trend has divided loyalties. Sometimes the trend will follow that of the USD/JPY while the GBP/JPY goes in the opposite direction and at other times the whole scenerio is the exact opposite with it following the GBP/JPY trend while the USD/JPY goes in the opposite direction. The tendency to follow the trend of either pair can change all of a sudden. Has anyone else noticed this?

© Forex Factory