Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   I will code your EAs and Indicators for no charge (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=166758)

mntiwana Feb 12, 2020 5:59pm | Post# 32601

5 Attachment(s)
Hello guys, please I need help with this indicator. What I need is candlestick touch sound alert to both bands. Thanks, gracias in advance. {file}
"AMA bands alerts"
Here is Mrtools AMA ver
Actually it is KAMA (Kaufman Adaptive ma)
includes full alerting package
double bands (selectable true/false) means can be used any one (inner/outer) or both
dual bands types (sample correction and or non sample correction) - selectable type and width
Attachment 3552417
Attachment 3552418
Attachment 3552420
AMA bands alerts.mq4
AMA bands alerts.ex4

ffpriceactio Feb 12, 2020 7:31pm | Post# 32602

@ Hanover - i have one question. My broker published mq4 indicator (editable, public) however it is dedicated to market watch content of this broker. I find this utility extremely helpful and somewhat complimentry to your "signal" tool. Maybe you would like to check it if you find sth valuable for "signal" tool. I believe that you will find it inspiring. Regards, M.

mprabhu4u Feb 12, 2020 9:10pm | Post# 32603

1 Attachment(s)
Dear Coders i downloaded this indicator from this forum only its by mcladen. can some add alerts (sound, popup and mobile push notification) only for HL & LH. It will be helpful for me to trade on the go please.
High - low trend mtf 3.mq4

Phylo Feb 12, 2020 9:10pm | Post# 32604

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, i don't really need you to make me an indicator or EA, just tell me where my code is wrong. So i want make a function to close all open orders(regardless of order type) after reach target profit, but somehow, the EA only close buy or only close sell after reaching target profit. Here's the code: void close(bool accumulation, double target){ if (accumulation == true){ double orderProfit = 0; for (int i=0; i<OrdersTotal(); i++){ if (OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES) == true){ orderProfit += OrderProfit(); if (orderProfit >= target){ for...
The code only covers closing orders type 0 and 1 which is buy and sell.

The code for closing pending orders is different to that for closing market orders (buy/sell orders).

Have a look at the code of the attached script and adapt it as required -
close_all_open_and_pending_orders.mq4

jarfx05 Feb 12, 2020 9:50pm | Post# 32605

{quote} Thank you for your kind words, but I'm afraid you misjudge me: Most of my responses are motivated by personal boredom rather than kindness. I tend to avoid EA requests, and requests for alerts; I dislike working with other programmers' code; and I undertake only jobs that are either quick'n'easy, or somehow useful or appealing to me personally (which is rare). I'm not sure that my tacitly encouraging the use of indicators is helping anybody to become profitable in the long run. I guess you haven't read my rants about thieving pirates and...
You've created many good indicators. It can upset you because people ask for nonsense that makes no sense. Coming up with some stupidity that I will forget tomorrow, please, because they have it for free. Make a price for the service will stop asking.

regaed

Tilltheend Feb 12, 2020 9:57pm | Post# 32606

{quote} Just a guess, but try something like: for(int j=0;j<ArraySize(MultiplePairs);j++) { string Fut_Name = MultiplePairs[j]; if(iClose(Fut_Name,0,0) > iClose(Fut_Name,0,1) && previousTime!=iTime(Symbol(),0,0) ) { Alert("Close is Higher for " +Fut_Name); previousTime=iTime(Symbol(),0,0); } }
Thanks for reply.
I found solution, added array of Flag, of same length and initialised it in INIT.
Working as per expectations.

Cheers.

walvekarraje Feb 12, 2020 10:33pm | Post# 32607

{quote} Just to say this is how your indicator can be used even MORE effectively. Standard setting with overlay of a 34 setting with all colours, except white, deleted - so you have 2 indicators in one window. The 50 level was important so I put a stronger (yellow) line in the window for ease of viewing as well as putting coloured areas over 85 and under 15 as areas of interest, 'target/exit/divergence' areas. Thanks - and stay patient. George {image}
will you please share your template sir. Also please explain 'target/exit/divergence' areas.

Mayowa97 Feb 13, 2020 4:06am | Post# 32608

{quote} "AMA bands alerts" Here is Mrtools AMA ver Actually it is KAMA (Kaufman Adaptive ma) includes full alerting package double bands (selectable true/false) means can be used any one (inner/outer) or both dual bands types (sample correction and or non sample correction) - selectable type and width {image} {image} {image} {file} {file}
Thanks mntiwana, but this particular one does not repaint or recalculate that is why I need the alert added to it. And the calculation is different , mine has MA period, T3 period, T3 Curvature, ATR Multiplier, ATR period, Length, Displace, Filter, Deviation and Cycle. Thanks though, I'll try it out.

hanover Feb 13, 2020 7:31am | Post# 32609

i have one question. My broker published mq4 indicator (editable, public) however it is dedicated to market watch content of this broker. I find this utility extremely helpful and somewhat complimentry to your "signal" tool. Maybe you would like to check it if you find sth valuable for "signal" tool. I believe that you will find it inspiring.
Sorry but I don't understand. What is your question? And how would I find the utility that you mentioned?

You've created many good indicators. It can upset you because people ask for nonsense that makes no sense. Coming up with some stupidity that I will forget tomorrow, please, because they have it for free. Make a price for the service will stop asking. regaed
Thanks for your kind words. It's not worth charging a fee, because it obligates the programmer to a lifetime of providing support, and (in the case of EAs) you end up spending many hours troubleshooting situations where the client believes that the EA is wrongly opening/closing trades, or missing trades that it should have opened. Sometimes this is caused by a bug, but I find that often it's either the client's lack of understanding, or a situation outside of anybody's control (e.g. price gaps or spikes, broker widening the spread, etc). For the sake of making a few $$$, it's not worth the on-going hassle. At least that's been my experience. That's a big reason why I no longer code EAs for people.

interbucks Feb 13, 2020 8:24am | Post# 32610

2 Attachment(s)
Please, can a simple basic EA be created with the attached indicator.

Start trade at the end of the 1st bar of the signal,
and end trade when opposite signal appear.
SL and TP, etc....

I am testing it on some higher TF's, and it is not doing that bad at all.
Still testing with Halftrend indi acting as filter..... trying with different settings, looking possitive.
So maybe this should be included into the EA please.

Thank you very much.
yzyz.mq4
HalfTrend_2.mq4

jarfx05 Feb 13, 2020 8:58am | Post# 32611

Please, can a simple basic EA be created with the attached indicator. Start trade at the end of the 1st bar of the signal, and end trade when opposite signal appear. SL and TP, etc.... I am testing it on some higher TF's, and it is not doing that bad at all. Still testing with Halftrend indi acting as filter..... trying with different settings, looking possitive. So maybe this should be included into the EA please. Thank you very much. {file} {file}
Man, you have no idea what you're asking for. Do you think that something cool looks on the historical plot will work on the real market? How you described what you expect from Ea is world championship. Live your dreams.

for people who are asking for free EA, think it makes sense. you will stop making fun of yourself.

jarfx05 Feb 13, 2020 9:18am | Post# 32612

{quote}Sorry but I don't understand. What is your question? And how would I find the utility that you mentioned? {quote} Thanks for your kind words. It's not worth charging a fee, because it obligates the programmer to a lifetime of providing support, and (in the case of EAs) you end up spending many hours troubleshooting situations where the client believes that the EA is wrongly opening/closing trades, or missing trades that it should have opened. Sometimes this is caused by a bug, but I find that often it's either the client's lack of understanding,...
I follow this thread just for fun. I don't want to offend anyone because I don't know these people. If they are traders, it's ok. I imagine situations when they go to a qualifying interview for the position of trader. They talk to their superiors and show these indicators as their trading system. Will she get a trader position? Just for fun.

regard

here2there Feb 13, 2020 9:56am | Post# 32613

{quote} I follow this thread just for fun. I don't want to offend anyone because I don't know these people. If they are traders, it's ok. I imagine situations when they go to a qualifying interview for the position of trader. They talk to their superiors and show these indicators as their trading system. Will she get a trader position? Just for fun. regard
So you are essentially admitting you are here to troll the thread. Can't you find something more useful to do with your time?

here2there Feb 13, 2020 10:00am | Post# 32614

{quote} Man, you have no idea what you're asking for. Do you think that something cool looks on the historical plot will work on the real market? How you described what you expect from Ea is world championship. Live your dreams. for people who are asking for free EA, think it makes sense. you will stop making fun of yourself.
Did he ask for your opinion?

Let me remind you of the title of this thread: "I will code your EAs and Indicators for no charge"

People are here asking for help, because they have been invited to do so. They are not here to be verbally abused by critics who are just here "for fun."

gklewis83 Feb 13, 2020 10:10am | Post# 32615

Long story short: I am trying to get an indicator (PipValueCalculatorV1_02.mq4) to work as a custom indicator in StrategyQuant EA Wizard for using the PipValue as the output of the indicator; however, I keep getting the error of "Indicator doesn't contain any output data, it cannot be used as EA."
So, I am wondering, "How can I solve it?" Any guidance would be hot at this point...

jarfx05 Feb 13, 2020 10:24am | Post# 32616

{quote} Did he ask for your opinion? Let me remind you of the title of this thread: "I will code your EAs and Indicators for no charge" People are here asking for help, because they have been invited to do so. They are not here to be verbally abused by critics who are just here "for fun."
You're right. Don't worry, be happy..

Inserted Video

GoldenFibo Feb 13, 2020 11:02am | Post# 32617

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Traders,

can someone please tell me what is the indicator that shows the pullback as in the screen?Click to Enlarge

Name: pullback .jpg
Size: 51 KB

here2there Feb 13, 2020 11:09am | Post# 32618

Hello Traders, can someone please tell me what is the indicator that shows the pullback as in the screen?{image}
It looks like a modified version of the fib tool, except that it has words in place of fib values.

hanover Feb 13, 2020 2:40pm | Post# 32619

2 Attachment(s)
I follow this thread just for fun. I don't want to offend anyone because I don't know these people. If they are traders, it's ok. I imagine situations when they go to a qualifying interview for the position of trader. They talk to their superiors and show these indicators as their trading system. Will she get a trader position? Just for fun.
Off topic, but a couple of interesting posts by professional traders here and here.

Like you, I post a lot of stuff just for fun (my personal favorite thread on the whole of FF is this one). In general, I think many people take comments on trading forums much too seriously. All of the chest thumping frequently leads to flame wars. lol

Long story short: I am trying to get an indicator (PipValueCalculatorV1_02.mq4) to work as a custom indicator in StrategyQuant EA Wizard for using the PipValue as the output of the indicator; however, I keep getting the error of "Indicator doesn't contain any output data, it cannot be used as EA." So, I am wondering, "How can I solve it?" Any guidance would be hot at this point...
[EDIT] Sorry, I misread your post. My bad.
But I'll leave my response here, in case the info is helpful to somebody else.

There are two main ways that an indicator can display data in MT4:
(1) in 'buffers' as a timeseries plot (lines, histograms, etc); or
(2) as objects.

In my screenshot, you can see an example of both. The custom MACD indicator uses 6 buffers (numbered 0 to 5) to display its lines and histograms. You can see the values in MT4's data window on the left of the window. These values can be accessed by using the iCustom() function in an EA. More info on iCustom() here and here.

The signal indicator on the right of the chart uses text objects. You can type Ctrl-B to see a list of all of the text objects on your chart. (Sorry, some of the values changed while I was creating the screenshot!). These can't be directly accessed by an EA.

I can only guess from the info that you're provided, but your indicator is probably displaying PipValue as a text object. If the indicator isn't presenting any data in buffers, then that would likely be the reason for the error message.Attachment 3553326

Hello Traders, can someone please tell me what is the indicator that shows the pullback as in the screen?{image}
Like here2there says, it could be a manually plotted fibo object rather than an indicator.

You can change the levels and the descriptions on each level to any text that you wish. To get the price to print, type %$ at the appropriate point in the Description.
Name:  PPI 757.png
Views: 1014
Size:  24 KB

gringo2019 Feb 13, 2020 3:16pm | Post# 32620

mntiwana,
mntiwana,

I never claimed,can handle any challenge as am not some kind expert of any thing -
and also you have not explained well (possibly with illustration picture/s) what to color fill,Bars,chart background and what so else.

Can you post the Indicator you developed with red and green colors above the 50 EMA to me asap???

I await your reply...Cliff

© Forex Factory