Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Harmonic and Classic Patterns (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=166155)

marcnathan88 Jun 24, 2017 12:37pm | Post# 2061

My pleasure! Let me start by saying that poruchik is the authority when it comes to using the ZUP indicators. There are so many versions so it's hard to say which one is the best. And then there are others who modified them (added features) as well. So I would say, pick one that suits you I have been developing EA's around the ZUP since 2012. (I'm not master of my emotions, greed and fear, when it comes to trading, so I like to work with EA's, they have no emotions) The HT 2 series used the ZUP_v120 NEN STAR (I even translated the Russian...
Many thanks Retlaw. Much appreciated answer. You're definitely right, I just have to find one that suits me and I think ZUP_135 is enough. I got used to it easily despite the fact it's my first time learning about harmonics trading. Somehow I understood easily how the patterns are formed. How to trade them and how price reacts when the patterns are finished and have been identified. I also think ZUP_135 can help me enough to learn more about harmonics pattern trading.

I'm thinking if I should practice identifying patterns manually or just let the ZUP do the job. What do you think?

Thanks again.

Retlaw Jun 24, 2017 12:57pm | Post# 2062

{quote} Many thanks Retlaw. Much appreciated answer. You're definitely right, I just have to find one that suits me and I think ZUP_135 is enough. I got used to it easily despite the fact it's my first time learning about harmonics trading. Somehow I understood easily how the patterns are formed. How to trade them and how price reacts when the patterns are finished and have been identified. I also think ZUP_135 can help me enough to learn more about harmonics pattern trading. I'm thinking if I should practice identifying patterns manually or just...
Since you're new to harmonic patterns it would be good practice to learn to identify them manually first.
Once you grasp the concept, you can become a little lazier and start using indi's or even EA's

marcnathan88 Jun 25, 2017 7:10am | Post# 2063

{quote} Since you're new to harmonic patterns it would be good practice to learn to identify them manually first. Once you grasp the concept, you can become a little lazier and start using indi's or even EA's
Using these harmonic pattern indicators can help me with practicing. When I see patterns drawn by these indicators I try to analyze the patterns and see how they were formed. Actually the indicators helped me a lot in understanding harmonics. When I first saw harmonics pattern I immediately turned away and ignored it. I thought back then it was pretty complicated to understand but the indicators helped a lot and now things are starting to get clear and make sense. I think I may still have a long way to go in learning to identify harmonics pattern manually because of the criteria used in identifying the patterns seem complicated to me. The fibs, the ratios and time if I'm not mistaken must be taken into account. I've also read it's pretty hard to identify them manually. One needs a keen eye. But I'm hoping that the learning curve would be easier with the use of indicator. The zigzag indicators you shared can also help me in practicing to identify patterns manually. One thing I figured is that in identifying harmonics pattern relevant price swings must be identified first because those swings forms the legs of the potential pattern.

One more thing do you happen to know or is there anybody here that knows of a zup indicator that only identifies particular set of patterns? Specifically these patterns.
Thanks in advance for answer. Thanks Retlaw.

1. ABC Bullish/Bearish
  2. AB=CD Bullish/Bearish
  3. 3-Drives Bullish/Bearish
  4. Gartley Bullish/Bearish
  5. Butterfly Bullish/Bearish
  6. Bat Bullish/Bearish
  7. Crab Bullish/Bearish

marcnathan88 Jun 25, 2017 12:02pm | Post# 2064

4 Attachment(s)
Here's my first try of drawing and identifying harmonics pattern. I think I there's nothing wrong with them. I think I got them right. But I really don't know if I got it right really. I also don't know yet what to call those patterns. To me they almost look identical. Are those bat, butterflies or gartley or any other pattern maybe. Feedback, suggestions and anything are welcome.

I have two patterns on one of my favorite pair USD/JPY H4.

Pattern 1
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdjpy-h4-international-capital-markets.png
Size: 69 KB

Pattern 2
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdjpy-h4-international-capital-markets-2.png
Size: 64 KB

I have two patterns on EUR/JPY
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurjpy-h4-international-capital-markets.png
Size: 80 KB

Two more patterns on GBP/JPY
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpjpy-h4-international-capital-markets.png
Size: 76 KB

lobogabor Jun 25, 2017 5:35pm | Post# 2065

1 Attachment(s)
This might be useful for some, as a setup approach, then each one might use her own method for trade entry.
I also name here some Harmonic Indicators I used, I use these mainly for forex pairs, but applicable for commodities, stocks and other markets too.
Not bragging, since all I have done, spent time to review existing stuff, but anybody looking for harmonic indicators, I suggest to have a look at a post I had about indis a while ago - not too rusty yet!:
https://www.academia.edu/17278713/Ha...e_WWWilde_2015

Anyways, back to the current subject (of mine for you )..
Built some templates with alerts, still working on finishing just majors, gold, Dax and WTI.
Used several MT4 harmonic indicator inputs - mainly H1 and above TFs - generally up to weekly.
Harmonic indicators used: Korharmonics, THI V1.2, Carney formation seeker (web based), Ga1Search_patterns.
Marked the alert levels for setup, I am using the True TL alert v1.01 (TTL) for pop-up, possibly mail alerts.
Sound alert with the TTL indi is annoying though, since price at these levels might be struggling a lot.
Also marked yearly high and low levels for the banks to know where they need to take action
The alert goes on (and on and on!!) when price is near or at trend lines
I drew horizontal TLs with names of patterns, possibly with entry range, some with recommended SL levels.
NZDUSD I generally find being harmonically a nice pair, so I publish its tpl (template) to be checked by anybody interested, having MT4 to load the template on an empty graph of NzdUsd.
It is just an example, feel free to apply, try and comment PLZ!
This is just harmonics, no entry exactly defined other than the HTF ranges.
This is just a set-up alert for me to start looking for a more precise and defined entry.
Good luck, I will be glad if anybody can use it, or comment for improvement opportunity!
Should look like this when template loaded on NzdUsd MT4 graph:
https://i.gyazo.com/93a90a73e551c3345c2823b4a531a02c.png
NZDUSD-HPZs.tpl

lobogabor Jun 25, 2017 5:49pm | Post# 2066

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my first try of drawing and identifying harmonics pattern. I think I there's nothing wrong with them. I think I got them right. But I really don't know if I got it right really. I also don't know yet what to call those patterns. To me they almost look identical. Are those bat, butterflies or gartley or any other pattern maybe. Feedback, suggestions and anything are welcome. I have two patterns on one of my favorite pair USD/JPY H4. Pattern 1 {image} Pattern 2 {image} I have two patterns on EUR/JPY {image} Two more patterns on GBP/JPY {image}...
My EurJpy current HP alerter template..
https://www.mql5.com/en/charts/72565...ncial-services
https://www.mql5.com/en/charts/72565...ncial-services
EurJpy-HPZs.tpl

snorm Jun 25, 2017 6:12pm | Post# 2067

Great work Gabor - thanks

Retlaw Jun 25, 2017 7:43pm | Post# 2068

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my first try of drawing and identifying harmonics pattern. I think I there's nothing wrong with them. I think I got them right. But I really don't know if I got it right really. I also don't know yet what to call those patterns. To me they almost look identical. Are those bat, butterflies or gartley or any other pattern maybe. Feedback, suggestions and anything are welcome. I have two patterns on one of my favorite pair USD/JPY H4. Pattern 1 {image} Pattern 2 {image} I have two patterns on EUR/JPY {image} Two more patterns on GBP/JPY {image}...
Those are just the ZZ's.
You need to draw the fibs on those swings to identify a pattern.
Here's a little doc to get you going.
PATTERNS for 116.doc

marcnathan88 Jun 25, 2017 11:12pm | Post# 2069

Thanks for the template. I'll check them out. What do you think of my patterns? Did I got them right? Am I off to a good start?

Thanks again Retlaw. I'll read those docs you provided and study more.

{quote} Those are just the ZZ's. You need to draw the fibs on those swings to identify a pattern. Here's a little doc to get you going. {file}

MarkJoy Jun 30, 2017 5:18pm | Post# 2070

1 Attachment(s)
V1.28.3
Mediafire:
MT4: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6fbmitipq5c5cet/Joicy.zip
FXCM: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9y13gn1q5cx1ql5/Joicy.zip

GoogleDrive:
MT4: https://goo.gl/P65tSU
FXCM: https://goo.gl/rD4D5b

BugFix:
+ Important ZigZag bug fix.

Feature Improvements:
+ MT4: add ROTATE button to rotate charts in JoicyChartsManager (JCM).
+ MT4: JCM now can apply different template to different chart.
Inserted Video

+ MT4 JCM: F11 to enter/escape Full-Screen mode.
+ MT4 JCM: now can automatically reload previous session/profile.
+ MT4 JCM: Added Profile Toolbar to save/load session to/from file
+ MT4 JCM: Added Recent Profiles to reload closed session/profile
Inserted Video

ReleaseNote1.28.3.pdf

bestman44 Jul 12, 2017 11:26am | Post# 2071

i have an old version from the indicator , how to upgrade to the latest one?
what do i need to do?

Thanks Mark

belief Jul 16, 2017 10:50pm | Post# 2072

hi guys, anyone kind enough to share harmonic dashboard that scan all pairs all tf showing harmonic patterns?

bestman44 Jul 28, 2017 6:04am | Post# 2073

Dear Mark,

i got the message "system is not activated" , does it mean mean trial period is over?

can i get another trial?

Thanks

TrendRider86 Sep 12, 2017 1:07pm | Post# 2074

Hi Guys,

Im new to harmonic trading and am finding some difficulty getting my entry right, im either too early or too late. How do you guys go about finding an exact PRZ? Do you guys use mulitple confluences? Trend Lines, Fib time zones etc???

all the help is appreciated!

sniperpip187 Sep 18, 2017 4:33pm | Post# 2075

Hey
i did All steps have been processed correctly but when i import the temlate on metatrader or fxcm said (system is not Activated)
how can i fix the prolblem can you help me ?
thx

Forexholy Oct 21, 2017 8:59pm | Post# 2076

Dose anyone know if there is a newer ZUP than 150 version and if so where can I get it?

Forexholy Oct 21, 2017 9:42pm | Post# 2077

10 Attachment(s)
I really like this Harmonic Trading. Here is my template and indicators.
!SM_ADR_Marker.ex4
!SM_BPCT.ex4
#3 FFCal Panel (Black).ex4
_2 Access Panel (Black) (2).ex4
_5 Candles Suite (Black) (2).mq4
_5 Candles Suite (Black).ex4
150 classik + 3 dr + abcd_7_.tpl
CandleTime THV.ex4
CandleTime THV.mq4
NIhilist_Magic.ex4

Forexholy Oct 21, 2017 9:43pm | Post# 2078

7 Attachment(s)
Here is the rest of it.
PipShow_v2v_Fusion.ex4
SUN+FAN_0.4.ex4
SUN+FAN_0.4.mq4
TDI Dashboard V2.ex4
TDI Dashboard V2.mq4
TDI-RSI-Dz-VHF_Adaptive_Alerts.ex4
ZUP_v150.ex4

Forexholy Oct 21, 2017 9:44pm | Post# 2079

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD.png
Size: 173 KB

poruchik Oct 21, 2017 11:26pm | Post# 2080

Dose anyone know if there is a newer ZUP than 150 version and if so where can I get it?
Last is ZUP 152.4 it is not free ( 55 USD)

see on market mql

© Forex Factory