Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Harmonic and Classic Patterns (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=166155)

SwellTrader Apr 29, 2009 12:59pm | Post# 1

Harmonic and Classic Patterns

Hi all,
This thread is created to show Harmonic Patterns. I will be identifying Gartley, Butterfly, ABCD patterns as well as the more common Head and Shoulders, Triangles, Flags, etc...
A little info: My main method of trading is to follow my Wave Analysis in conjunction with identifying the popular Harmonic Patterns. Using wave analysis helps clarify and justify my trade entries and trade management. Combining this with my own entry trigger technique which I have developed with a trading colleague, has given my trading the much needed 'edge'.
I hope everyone can gain a little insight from my posts in this thread and please feel free to join in. Enjoy your stay!!

Gustavo.

SwellTrader Apr 29, 2009 1:07pm | Post# 2

USDCAD Head & Shoulders

1 Attachment(s)
This is a possible Head & Shoulder pattern in H4 time frame.
Is important to note the previous Butterfly Harminoc Pattern which conforms Left Shoulder.

The Neckline breakout and retest is not so clear, but a new low below 1.1977 will confirm the bearish move.

As per the Patternīs theory, we`ll expect an aproximately 800 pips bearish move from the neckline to the south.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2009-04-27_1155.jpg
Size: 184 KB

fontu Apr 29, 2009 1:19pm | Post# 3

Hi all,
This thread is created to show Harmonic Patterns.
I`ll try to spot Gartleys and Butterflies, as well as Head and Shoulders, Triangles, Flags, etc.
Hope you enjoy it and to receive all your commentaries.

SwellTrader
Thanks opening this tread & I have great interest recognizing patterns in real time trading . Hope many will post in real time & interact others to help good trading .
fontu

SwellTrader Apr 29, 2009 4:41pm | Post# 4

NZDUSD D1 Inverted Head & Shoulders

1 Attachment(s)
This is a H&S in the daily Time frame.
Seems to be that right shoulder is done, so will wait for a breakout and retest of the Neckline.

The unfolding of the pattern will be helped by the bullish breakout of the 38.2 Fib Fan level.

First Target area is coinciding with 61.8% Fib Retracement of the whole bearish move from 0.8213, and second one could be at 78.2 level.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2009-04-29_1500.jpg
Size: 158 KB

g_j_hook@yah Apr 29, 2009 5:16pm | Post# 5

1 Attachment(s)
hi mate, i dont believe that is a legit h+s..??
cheers jon
Click to Enlarge

Name: daily.jpg
Size: 110 KB

SwellTrader Apr 29, 2009 5:28pm | Post# 6

hi mate, i dont believe that is a legit h+s..??
cheers jon
Hi Jon,

Thanks for ur reply.
I think that the double top u remarked donīt invalidate the pattern.
Anyway, we have to wait for breakout and retest of the neckline for pattern confirmation.

bingchi6 Apr 29, 2009 7:39pm | Post# 7

Wolfe waves & harmonic patterns join together

1 Attachment(s)
This is a possible Head & Shoulder pattern in H4 time frame.
Is important to note the previous Butterfly Harminoc Pattern which conforms Left Shoulder.

The Neckline breakout and retest is not so clear, but a new low below 1.1977 will confirm the bearish move.

As per the Patternīs theory, we`ll expect an aproximately 800 pips bearish move from the neckline to the south.
Congrats open this thread. Hope everyone will enjoy and shared your view together.

As per usdcad i have combined together with wolfe waves count and harmonic patterns. These two are unfolding as price is still in down trend and will meet together in sometimes in near futures.

Cheers,
bc
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdcadww-harmonic.jpg
Size: 174 KB

winningfx Apr 29, 2009 8:57pm | Post# 8

this definitely has a place in every1s trading. keep up the good work.

SwellTrader Apr 30, 2009 7:17am | Post# 9

Congrats open this thread. Hope everyone will enjoy and shared your view together.

As per usdcad i have combined together with wolfe waves count and harmonic patterns. These two are unfolding as price is still in down trend and will meet together in sometimes in near futures.

Cheers,
bc
Hey J! nice to see u here!

Thanks for the comment & post.
See that if the WW u show unfolds enterely, the H&S will be still valid since points 1 to 4 line coincides near with H&S`s neckline.

errich fx May 1, 2009 5:11am | Post# 10

I like Gartley Patterns, thanks for the thread

Learn Gartley Patterns

g_j_hook@yah May 2, 2009 3:29pm | Post# 11

hi guys, the gartey patterns are something iv not researched, was wanting to know how reliable they are??has anyone been trading these patterns a while who could post some ave. stats??
cheers
jon

StarChild May 2, 2009 4:26pm | Post# 12

hi guys, the gartey patterns are something iv not researched, was wanting to know how reliable they are??has anyone been trading these patterns a while who could post some ave. stats??
cheers
jon
I am looking also for some confirmation on gartly fib..posted a daily euro/jap chart..looks like pattern??? But I am knew to this fib pattern. Any senior members input would be welcome!

StarChild May 2, 2009 4:29pm | Post# 13

1 Attachment(s)
I like Gartley Patterns, thanks for the thread

Learn Gartley Patterns
thanks for the site...I would appreciate any opinion on this euro/jpy daily chart..is it a gartly setup?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Chart132.JPG
Size: 143 KB

alyehoud May 2, 2009 11:40pm | Post# 14

This thread has epic potential. Keep it up!

cheagil May 3, 2009 12:21am | Post# 15

yumyum

this is the thread i have been waiting for.

hope the pattern formation is not limited to h&s.

bravo swelltrader.

fxpip8 May 3, 2009 5:31am | Post# 16

Harmonic Traders

Hi

Good thread, ST!

I am in fact acquiring the Harmonic method. This link is helpful . . . http://www.harmonictrader.com/

Hope to familiarize the AB=CD pattern first as well as Fibo retracements on primary numbers. Hope to see good examples.

Gartley + Butterfly are advanced to me but I enjoy reading the posts.

Hopefully someone can show the 3-Drives and Channels (0.618 & 1.270).

Let's keep up this thread.

fxpip8

bingchi6 May 3, 2009 3:09pm | Post# 17

EurJpy

1 Attachment(s)
thanks for the site...I would appreciate any opinion on this euro/jpy daily chart..is it a gartly setup?
Your projecting this bullish gartley patterns quite possible happens. We had the first retracement "B" formed at the fib 50 level of X-A. As of now we need to wait for price to find resistance at a specific level to form C and once it did we could anticapted the wave CD.

Remember this is a big (daily) patterns. From here price could form many small bulish/bearish patterns in between and hopefully that price will come down to the level we expecting.

Good luck,

bc
Click to Enlarge

Name: ejbullishgartley.jpg
Size: 143 KB

StarChild May 3, 2009 3:34pm | Post# 18

Your projecting this bullish gartley patterns quite possible happens. We had the first retracement "B" formed at the fib 50 level of X-A. As of now we need to wait for price to find resistance at a specific level to form C and once it did we could anticapted the wave CD.

Remember this is a big (daily) patterns. From here price could form many small bulish/bearish patterns in between and hopefully that price will come down to the level we expecting.

Good luck,

bc
Thank you for you comments...Do you recomend a smaller time frame to go by?

bingchi6 May 4, 2009 9:50am | Post# 19

gbpusd

1 Attachment(s)
Here is 5 min chart bullish crab pattern of cable.
Click to Enlarge

Name: cable5min.jpg
Size: 147 KB

SwellTrader May 4, 2009 12:10pm | Post# 20

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Starchild,

What i trhink is that price is, for now, unfolding a AB=CD pattern, which have its crtitical moment at "B" point @ 137.40.
If price fail to breakout that point bullish, then we will begin to think in a possible bearish Gartley as u states.

For now, my bias is bullsih, looking for "C" point @ 61.8 FIBRET + 78.2 FIFAN "Fib Zone", @ aproximately 147.80 level.

Lets see what happens.

Swelltrader,
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2009-05-04_1017.jpg
Size: 163 KB

© Forex Factory