Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Easy Fractal Breakout Strategy (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=164704)

trublu Aug 11, 2010 10:52pm | Post# 101

Right now I've moved my SL to +1% on the EJ, in profit on GJ and sitting with a loss on UJ and G/CHF for now. Stopped out on the 1hr UJ earlier. From now I think I'll just give updates at the end of the week since nobody seems to have any questions about what I'm doing.

trublu

feralnature Aug 22, 2010 4:09pm | Post# 102

hello i`m also using a form of fractals in my demo trading account - modified fractals to make support/resistance lines so i trade them on breaks too. usually on 30m/1h/4h TF.

but i feel that fractal signals are not enough so i combine them with momentum indicators - actually i use a custom indicator that combines lots of trend signals and oscillators to have another confirmation for a trade enter and exit.

and currently i`m also researching to add to my trading system a good volume indicator(using chaikin money flow for divergence signals as a predicting indicator) and a volatility indicator.(for just knowing if there is possibility of a good movement to take place)

trublu Aug 24, 2010 9:27pm | Post# 103

hello i`m also using a form of fractals in my demo trading account - modified fractals to make support/resistance lines so i trade them on breaks too. usually on 30m/1h/4h TF.

but i feel that fractal signals are not enough so i combine them with momentum indicators - actually i use a custom indicator that combines lots of trend signals and oscillators to have another confirmation for a trade enter and exit.

and currently i`m also researching to add to my trading system a good volume indicator(using chaikin money flow for divergence signals as...

sounds interesting, feel free to throw up some charts if you want. Sorry I haven't updated at all, haven't done much testing with the daily breakouts, need to get back into it this weekend.

Pipanator Feb 15, 2012 8:40pm | Post# 104

can anyone attach results of this system it seems too easy and vague.

trublu Feb 15, 2012 9:20pm | Post# 105

Sorry Pipanator but I haven't looked at fractals for a long time now so I don't have any results or statistics on this type of trading. Well I did some stats on this a long time ago trading this based on 4hr charts if I remember correctly, I'll see if I kept any of my old notes.

trublu Feb 16, 2012 6:06pm | Post# 106

Hi Pipanator, I looked through my old notes and didn't find any of the stats I used to keep, I never did a super long back test or forward test so I don't know if it's a profitable idea overall.

I do know I would just use usually 30 or 45 or 50 pips for a SL and a TP, I stopped looking at this type of trading because I couldn't find a good way to set a SL and I remember I could never get anyone to code an EA so I could test different SL/TP numbers/ideas. I usually would look at the 4hr chart but it's basically just trading a 1-2-3 pattern with the entry being a break of point 2 so you can trade it on any time frame and there are other trades dealing with 1-2-3 patterns you can check out if that type of trading interests you. Hopes this helps you some what.

baghels Apr 27, 2014 6:26am | Post# 107

WWW.TRADIMO.COM is totally based on Fractals i learned from there and my loosing streak is ended.
check it out and make wining trades.
its 5 minutes and 30 minutes chart and very good for intraday.

liquidice Oct 20, 2015 6:20pm | Post# 108

This system works for me ... only trade breakouts ... never trade the middle/ranging or assume its gonna break then you'll be fine ...

SL I set to the second opposite fractals, further but much safer I think,

Yes, trade only in the major direction, this indi should be an add on to "complete" your current working system (IMHO)

Thank you for sharing this Trublu ... Cheers .

ramzam Aug 25, 2018 2:22am | Post# 109

is it only buy at fractal breakout .. but seeing downside sell and upside buy will it give good result.. why cant do downside buy and upside sell

© Forex Factory