Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/69-platform-tech)
-   -   Oanda Java API (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/157654-oanda-java-api)

diskiller Mar 12, 2009 2:34am | Post# 1

Oanda Java API

Anyone know the filename for the Oanda Java API .jar file?

diskiller Mar 15, 2009 9:25am | Post# 2

Anyone ?

Does anyone here use the Oanda API ?

billye Mar 15, 2009 9:33am | Post# 3

Anyone ?

Does anyone here use the Oanda API ?
that's expensive. did you try fxspyder for oanda?
it charge 0.5pip for a round trip. and enable some auto trading it is said.

outspan Mar 15, 2009 5:30pm | Post# 4

that's expensive. did you try fxspyder for oanda?
it charge 0.5pip for a round trip. and enable some auto trading it is said.
I believe it's 0.25 pips, charged on a separate account -- doesn't take your trading money to pay for the API. The main drawback is that, if you want a clean job (which you might wanna do, if you're risking your own money you'll need to re-implement everything in JavaScript.

diskiller Mar 16, 2009 8:20am | Post# 5

That wasn't my question.

I'm asking about the Oanda Java API.

FxSpyder uses Oanda's .net API. You can find its dll's in its Program Files folder if you poke around.

But back to the JAVA API ...

paul.stanton Apr 4, 2009 8:21pm | Post# 6

i've been trying to set up an automated trading platform using oanda's java APIs and my advice is if you can find any alternative that suits what you want to do, use it.

the support is the worst i've ever experienced.

the product is among the worst i've ever paid for.

the reliability is minimal.

i'm having trouble believing there's anyone out there actually using it for a production ready system.

are the C++ or VB api's better anyone?

diskiller Apr 5, 2009 4:12am | Post# 7

Just sent you a private message about the Java API... basically, I am willing to help you with it if you want, but I need some help from you

Oh, apparently I can't send private messages... can you enable receiving private messages or email please? Or just send me an email, so I can write back to you if you don't want to enable it on your account, whichever.

paul.stanton Apr 5, 2009 4:28am | Post# 8

try now.

i'll add - i have the thing working as good as i can get it to, i'm a java programmer of 10 years and know what i'm doing. the problem is that their java team doesn't.

i'm planning on rewriting the whole thing using the c++ api and a com-java bridge. i figured if fxspider runs on the c++ libraries, they must be better.

paul.

fxapi Dec 4, 2010 6:59pm | Post# 9

FxSpyder uses JavaScript, not Java. There is a big difference. Probably why the user above was having problems. I was a previous Oanda API user, but have been using FxSpyder as a solution for auotradang Oanda. Been using them for three years now. Obviously happy with their service.

kip Dec 5, 2016 1:12pm | Post# 10

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully this gets read.

I am a long time trader.

I have a very simple FX basket trading strategy that I wrote in Easy Language that I would like to convert to API trading through Oanda and Interactive Brokers. I am currently using MultiCharts as my platform but it is completely unreliable so a change is urgent.

I am adequate with Easy Language programming but am completely lost on how to achieve trading through API.

I am looking for someone to convert my strategy to API and walk me through setting it up with my practice accounts.

Any leads on helping me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you very much,
Kip

© Forex Factory