Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Trade Using VSA (Volume Spread Analysis) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=157629)

hwsv07 Jan 15, 2010 11:19am | Post# 4901

no demand

1 Attachment(s)
must be the most obvious. but seldom this obvious.
Click to Enlarge

Name: uj m5.gif
Size: 35 KB

fxspain Jan 15, 2010 12:38pm | Post# 4902

Sorry to do this here but I want to reach as many people as possible.

Please take a moment (If you reside in the US) to voice your disapproval of the new 1:10 Leverage proposal by the CFTC

Here is a form letter to use if you are uncertain what to say. I would suggest altering it slightly so they don't get hit with all the same emails.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

To whom it may concern,

I am a retail trader and I am strongly opposed to the 10:1 leverage proposal by the CFTC. This regulation/requirement...
Done. I hope this limitation will not go on.

bowldog Jan 15, 2010 12:45pm | Post# 4903

Please take a moment (If you reside in the US) to voice your disapproval of the new 1:10 Leverage proposal by the CFTC

Done!

fxspain Jan 15, 2010 1:12pm | Post# 4904

ULTRA BIG VOLUME

Hi all. I don't know if I have a problem my my eSignal data feed or if it was real. Today between 01:00 AM and 02:00 AM GMT I am seeing the volume was incredibly HUGE. Have you noticed it or my data are wrong???.

Thanks in advance.

MykeFX Jan 15, 2010 2:35pm | Post# 4905

Hi all. I don't know if I have a problem my my eSignal data feed or if it was real. Today between 01:00 AM and 02:00 AM GMT I am seeing the volume was incredibly HUGE. Have you noticed it or my data are wrong???.

Thanks in advance.
Which pair?

tfflyer Jan 15, 2010 2:35pm | Post# 4906

It will be not surprise that on monday there will not be that volume spike.

Best,
Tom

fxspain Jan 15, 2010 4:45pm | Post# 4907

Which pair?
Sorry, I forget it. It was on EUR/USD. I don't know if it has something to do with the end of a futures contract.

MykeFX Jan 15, 2010 5:06pm | Post# 4908

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, I forget it. It was on EUR/USD. I don't know if it has something to do with the end of a futures contract.
Heres a IBFX 60 min chart, no big spike here. Probably a glitch or something.

Cheers, Mike.
Click to Enlarge

Name: euihr.gif
Size: 29 KB

fxspain Jan 15, 2010 5:10pm | Post# 4909

Heres a IBFX 60 min chart, no big spike here. Probably a glitch or something.

Cheers, Mike.
I has an IBFX account and it's true, nothing strange in its charts, but on the eSignal data feed it was there. I need to know if someone using eSignal have noticed it.

Accumulation Jan 15, 2010 5:18pm | Post# 4910

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a 30m from MBT. (EST GMT -5)

Click to Enlarge

Name: eu.gif
Size: 26 KB

lolpie Jan 15, 2010 5:21pm | Post# 4911

Attachment 393273
Nice username

Centaure Jan 15, 2010 6:54pm | Post# 4912

Attachment 393273

Hi,

your volume indicator looks a bit different to min . Does it average all the tick volume you get from several Forex Brokers? Where can one get this indicator from?

Cheers,
Centaure

Accumulation Jan 15, 2010 7:08pm | Post# 4913

Thanks lolpie, keeps me focused. What is a lolpie?

Centaure, no, it's just tick data from MBT. The volume indicator is a takeoff of "Better Volume" coded by another trader. Had to pay for it, if you're interested PM me and I'll see about putting you in touch with him.

egkid Jan 16, 2010 9:24am | Post# 4914

1:10 Leverage!!!

Done and thanks

lolpie Jan 16, 2010 1:07pm | Post# 4915

FOREX Trading using the Power of Volume Spread Analysis

Join Gavin Holmes - Professional Trader and TradeGuider CEO, as he identifies and explains trading set ups at the right edge of the FOREX market. No trading in hindsight, we trade in foresight using the strength of Volume Spread Analysis and the power of the TradeGuider software. See how Volume is both highly relevant and is actually avaiable for FOREX

See the NEW TradeGuider signals in action! as Gavin shows how to spot optimal entry points and exit points.

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/975475723

mima Jan 16, 2010 1:19pm | Post# 4916

I has an IBFX account and it's true, nothing strange in its charts, but on the eSignal data feed it was there. I need to know if someone using eSignal have noticed it.
yes I have spike on several pairs..esignal

mima Jan 16, 2010 1:21pm | Post# 4917

Hello Shamus

I tried to get beta version but I did not get any respond by e-mail and I also sent you pm....

5abi Jan 16, 2010 6:07pm | Post# 4918

EUR/GBP long

1 Attachment(s)
I see long EUR-GBP at the start of the week. Target around 89.7, stop around 87.5

below is a 4 hour chart but you can also see the long on H1 time frame.
Click to Enlarge

Name: eg2.jpg
Size: 55 KB

Centaure Jan 16, 2010 7:17pm | Post# 4919

FOREX Trading using the Power of Volume Spread Analysis

[font=arial,verdana,helvetica][size=2]Join Gavin Holmes - Professional Trader and TradeGuider CEO, as he identifies and explains trading set ups at the right edge of the FOREX market. No trading in hindsight, we trade in foresight using the strength of Volume Spread Analysis and the power of the TradeGuider software. See how Volume is both highly relevant and is actually avaiable for FOREX

See the NEW TradeGuider signals in action! as...
Thanks for posting the webcast!

Big1red9 Jan 16, 2010 8:20pm | Post# 4920

The forex market is not centralized. Each broker has the potential and will likely have different volumes than another. In the case of a direct commercial data feed such as and in the case of eSignal, there are liquidity providers (financial institutions) that in all most likely are not participating with the liquidity of your broker and therefore not only will it be different because of the composite, because of sources other brokers are not connected too.

If you were to have a graph of the each store that sold Diet Coke and Pepsi, each store would show a greater sales volume of Diet Coke than Pepsi. Each store will have a different total volume and the volume could be much greater with one store over another. If we got the totals from Pepsi and Coke, those total numbers would dwarf even the largest chain stores.

The question is... can we see no matter which store we analyze, that Coke sells more than Pepsi because that is the information we are after.

We do not seek to know and compare the correct and actual volume, but seek to know if SM is in the game.

If you understood the how and why of the volumes and were just checking to see if it has a problem, didn't mean to go over the top, but I am heading to a party and wanted to make sure it was completely covered.

Enjoy whats left of the weekend,
BR

Thanks in advance.

© Forex Factory