Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   The WoRmHoLe (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=156630)

GlobalMacro Jun 23, 2011 3:46pm | Post# 15261

nice old school boogie-down

GlobalMacro Jun 23, 2011 3:48pm | Post# 15262

I know most are purely technical in here, but... anyone want to sell this news?
there's a slight issue with that....the buy-the-rumor part is missing...

DrPippnstein Jun 23, 2011 3:50pm | Post# 15263

there's a slight issue with that....the buy-the-rumor part is missing...

well if you were lucky enough to be waiting for that inverse H+S to go long..... you might have bought the rumor that never was

DrPippnstein Jun 23, 2011 3:52pm | Post# 15264

1 Attachment(s)
Sell the news, buy the fibo retracement!

Click to Enlarge

Name: 5m.gif
Size: 18 KB

wormboy Jun 23, 2011 3:56pm | Post# 15265

The loss yesterday did my head in like you wouldn't believe it that I lost the plot & skipped what is now more than 24 hours of sleep.
Then today I made it all back + some & managed to get out when it counted. Now I feel like a million bucks again.

Trading hey ...

wormboy Jun 23, 2011 3:59pm | Post# 15266

the halfday candle now looks absolutely awesome. Too bad it still has 2 hours to go .. doh!

dario1002 Jun 23, 2011 4:00pm | Post# 15267

gone long on cable... SL under today's low TP 61

proletary Jun 23, 2011 4:01pm | Post# 15268

oh look .. our little inverse H&S is valid now

I bought @6003 stop @5930 1 lot
Azim, may I ask whether this tight SL is due to the trade being counter trend or rather becuase it's based on a lower timeframe?

Uups sorry. Being tired I got the numbers mixed up. It's not as tight as it seemed. was reading 1.5993

wormboy Jun 23, 2011 4:04pm | Post# 15269

Azim, may I ask whether this tight SL is due to the trade being counter trend or rather becuase it's based on a lower timeframe?
That's not tight enough actually ... I'd usually place H&S stops slightly below the shoulder (regardless of timeframe involved). But I had loosen this one up earlier due to the volatility.

proletary Jun 23, 2011 4:07pm | Post# 15270

That's not tight enough actually ... I'd usually place H&S stops slightly below the shoulder (regardless of timeframe involved). But I had loosen this one up earlier due to the volatility.
Yes I see it now. Got the numbers mixed up. Thank you for the hint on volatility. Definitely need some rest now.

GlobalMacro Jun 23, 2011 4:09pm | Post# 15271

1 Attachment(s)
green pin complete on H8...she's outta the water now...thinking about turning on the dryer?
Click to Enlarge

Name: H8.jpg
Size: 63 KB

wormboy Jun 23, 2011 4:11pm | Post# 15272

Yes I see it now. Got the numbers mixed up. Thank you for the hint on volatility. Definitely need some rest now.
I had 4 cans of redbull & 2 N.O Xplode today. You want to give it a shot, worked wonders for me, see here 29 hours still going.

Better than the energizer bunny
Have a good one!

wormboy Jun 23, 2011 4:13pm | Post# 15273

green pin complete on H8...she's outta the water now...thinking about turning on the dryer?
ha! you read my mind. I'm waiting for the h12, the bigger the better

the halfday candle now looks absolutely awesome. Too bad it still has 2 hours to go .. doh!

GlobalMacro Jun 23, 2011 4:19pm | Post# 15274

I concurr... ....only problem with big is takes too long to have an effect...

nAVIN2007 Jun 23, 2011 4:36pm | Post# 15275

ahhhhhhh 1.60..sum bitch

nAVIN2007 Jun 23, 2011 4:42pm | Post# 15276

u thought this week was hard..bro!!..becarefull next its gonna be a coin toss
usd wil probably end week as doji..to its either direction

i say scalp the mofo..swinging going to be coin toss

4xStar Jun 23, 2011 4:43pm | Post# 15277

Lurker confession...

OK, I guess I will come clean now .. I've been a long time lurker in this thread, the only one on FF with an IQ I usually come in while those of you on the other side of the planet (I'm currently in Hawaii) are fast asleep, and scurry around gathering nuggets of wisdom from the various posts, then take them back to my cave (charts) to devour slowly. Very satisfying, and often rewarding.

What I continue to learn from the pros in here is the importance of strict money management and following one's own rules. My own trading style is very simple compared to many of the charts I see here, but it works well as long as I do not deviate from my own rules.

My big breakthrough in learning to trade successfully was the realization that I am an incurable gambler. I had no idea I was since apart from playing a few nickel slots in Vegas, I have never had an interest in gambling. But turn me loose with a forex account ... and I gamble.
It's taken 4 long years to a) recognize that fact and b) stop it.

That's where the wisdom of many contributors to this thread has been so valuable. Although sometimes even they slip into the odd gamble-trade, for the most part they have learned strict adherence to their trading plan .. and they are successful.

What's working for me now is to watch the weekly charts for trend, the daily for candle signals and down to H1 or 15 for entries. Sometimes I enter off the daily if the candle is particularly inviting. I force myself to only take the 'A' trades instead of trying to 'see' a trade setup where in fact there is none.

To keep my gambling side busy, I will sometimes trade micro lots using 15-5 and my own 1 minute chart (which has no price, only 3 ma's. I can post if anyone interested).

The only possibly useful piece of information I can offer atm is what I have observed with the Swissy. Like most, I usually ignored this one. However in these strange (to put it mildly) economic times, I have noticed that the Swissy seems to manage to remain outside the shenanigans perpetrated by those who control the cable, yurow, $ and even the yen. So I just wait for weekly pullbacks in the Swissy (including the crosses) to go short again & it's working out very well. Also the CHFJPY has been golden, in this case wait for the pullback south to go long again.

If I think of something clever or useful to say, I'll post again, in the meantime .. thanks for the nuggets.

nAVIN2007 Jun 23, 2011 5:10pm | Post# 15278

1 Attachment(s)
gone long on cable... SL under today's low TP 61

Click to Enlarge

Name: cable1.jpg
Size: 95 KB

nAVIN2007 Jun 23, 2011 5:11pm | Post# 15279

OK, I guess I will come clean now .. I've been a long time lurker in this thread, the only one on FF with an IQ I usually come in while those of you on the other side of the planet (I'm currently in Hawaii) are fast asleep, and scurry around gathering nuggets of wisdom from the various posts, then take them back to my cave (charts) to devour slowly. Very satisfying, and often rewarding.

What I continue to learn from the pros in here is the importance of strict money management and following one's own rules. My own trading...
welcome
The loss yesterday did my head in like you wouldn't believe it that I lost the plot & skipped what is now more than 24 hours of sleep.
Then today I made it all back + some & managed to get out when it counted. Now I feel like a million bucks again.

Trading hey ...

this is yur biggest strength bro!!..always bounce back stronger..signature of a winner

kaspopsicle Jun 23, 2011 5:56pm | Post# 15280

welcome

this is yur biggest strength bro!!..always bounce back stronger..signature of a winner
nite nite all and thank you all for sharing.

© Forex Factory