Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   The WoRmHoLe (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=156630)

albchr Mar 26, 2010 11:38am | Post# 5761

EJ hit 76 fib retract of previous down move. possible short is possible
I'm seing the same thing however I'll wait for this 4H to close. If it closes below that fib level, it would make a heck of a 4h Hanging man.

ATM, the eur is rising and the yen is falling.

TheGabriel Mar 26, 2010 12:33pm | Post# 5762

Shorts on CABLE

1 Attachment(s)
Sellers are defending 1.49000 barrier on cable, they can be seen in the chart below. I'm still in the buy at 1.48781 on Cable. The AUDUSD sell going well, also the EURGBP buy should tick higher.

Edit: corrected lol, is 1.49 not 1.35...
Click to Enlarge

Name: cable.jpg
Size: 100 KB

wormboy Mar 26, 2010 1:16pm | Post# 5763

1 Attachment(s)
finally some justice.
after a horrid day with eu, managed to scalp one back at the fixing.
+60usd on the day. Peanuts I know, but beggers can't be choosers

Now come on cable.
Click to Enlarge

Name: euscalp.JPG
Size: 98 KB

coolshades Mar 26, 2010 1:21pm | Post# 5764

my second sell on euro is still surviving, fingers crossed.

though this will be one of those weeks in negative pips.. but thats the nature of the game.

finally some justice.

Now come on cable.

digger1 Mar 26, 2010 1:31pm | Post# 5765

finally some justice.

Now come on cable.
ah take em as they come bro , good job , have a great week-end

penycae Mar 26, 2010 8:07pm | Post# 5766

Greetings from the UK. Stumbled on this thread from a link on the Cable forum.
Seems like a good place to hang out.
I admire anyone who posts their trades in advance.
Flat everywhere at the moment. Looking to take a swing long on Euro/CHF
next week. Looks to have bottomed, but a stop loss of 150 odd pips might be needed to cover the first position, as its still bouncing about.
Dollar looking as if it should be coming off a bit, but still taking that one a day at a time.
Just saying hello. I'll look in on Sunday if that's OK.

wormboy Mar 26, 2010 8:09pm | Post# 5767

Euro Dollar

1 Attachment(s)
Well, managed to identify where mistakes were made the whole day today with my Euro trade. Simple things which I had overlooked. Thought of sharing it.

At day open yesterday, price had opened in between pvp. On the H1, not shown here, clearly a doji, which signalled indecision. Here was my first mistake, instead of taking it as it supposed to be - indecision, I concluded it as weakness. Mistake number 2, I failed to look closely enough, which was right in between pvp, not above or below, so I should've taken the next hour close (h1) to gauge the general direction. The following bar opened above pvp, I should've been looking for reasons to go long instead of short.
The following mistakes I made were pretty elementary
Mistake number 3. Once above pvp, price tested res area & failed. This was where I sold, & failed to identify the bounce on pvp - fourth mistake. I'm pretty livid for failing to spot this. Too simple. From here on, price surged upwards cutting through first res area straight to test the second, where pretty much the action of the day were spent - in between the 2 res areas (3346-3408). Some easy money failed to be made here until the fixing where I spotted the 3408 bounce on the M1.

So note to self, try not to be careless again.
Have a great weekend everyone
Click to Enlarge

Name: eum5.gif
Size: 22 KB

wormboy Mar 26, 2010 8:14pm | Post# 5768

my second sell on euro is still surviving, fingers crossed.

though this will be one of those weeks in negative pips.. but thats the nature of the game.
Hope the trade went well for you shades.
We'll turn it around next week

ah take em as they come bro , good job , have a great week-end
Thanks bro. A pretty decent week, I closed about 1.3% +ve. Just took some time to go through my hoodoo trades & identifying mistakes.
You have a great weekend too my friend

Regards.

Rufus Mar 26, 2010 8:18pm | Post# 5769

Hello WB

pvp ? Pivot Point?

I am not sure what this means.

Rufus

baz Mar 26, 2010 8:19pm | Post# 5770

1 Attachment(s)
Well, managed to identify where mistakes were made the whole day today with my Euro trade. Simple things which I had overlooked. Thought of sharing it.

At day open yesterday, price had opened in between pvp. On the H1, not shown here, clearly a doji, which signalled indecision. Here was my first mistake, instead of taking it as it supposed to be - indecision, I concluded it as weakness. Mistake number 2, I failed to look closely enough, which was right in between pvp, not above or below, so I should've taken the next hour close (h1) to gauge the...
AzIm.....also there was a WEEKLY SUPPORT LEVEL....followed by what the Market percieved as BULLISH EURO news,and also an INVERTED HAMMER on THE DAILY...
EUR_USD Spot.png
Click to Enlarge

Name: EUR_USD Spot.png
Size: 11 KB

wormboy Mar 26, 2010 8:27pm | Post# 5771

1 Attachment(s)
Greetings from the UK. Stumbled on this thread from a link on the Cable forum.
Seems like a good place to hang out.
I admire anyone who posts their trades in advance.
Flat everywhere at the moment. Looking to take a swing long on Euro/CHF
next week. Looks to have bottomed, but a stop loss of 150 odd pips might be needed to cover the first position, as its still bouncing about.
Dollar looking as if it should be coming off a bit, but still taking that one a day at a time.
Just saying hello. I'll look in on Sunday if that's OK.

Hello pannycae, welcome.
Feel free to post your analysis whenever you feel like doing so.
In regards to the DX, I agree that there is a possibility for it to come off a bit for a possible retest of 81 level to confirm the bullish break. Knowing this, and after the fact of 3 weeks of consolidation, and prior to the momentary false breakout below, our bias had shifted back to bullish on the dollar.
Should be an interesting forthcoming week ahead.
Have a great weekend

Regards.
Click to Enlarge

Name: dxd.gif
Size: 18 KB

wormboy Mar 26, 2010 8:29pm | Post# 5772

Hello WB

pvp ? Pivot Point?

I am not sure what this means.

Rufus

Hello rufus,

yes pvp, short for pivot point. sorry

Rufus Mar 26, 2010 8:34pm | Post# 5773

Hello rufus,

yes pvp, short for pivot point. sorry

I googled it and came up with player vs. player. In our case BvS buyer vs seller

Rufus

wormboy Mar 26, 2010 8:35pm | Post# 5774

AzIm.....also there was a WEEKLY SUPPORT LEVEL....followed by what the Market percieved as BULLISH EURO news,and also an INVERTED HAMMER on THE DAILY...
EUR_USD Spot.png
Hi baz,

Noted, thanks. But I don't use the weekly to gauge direction until the bar close tho. And, to top it off dx broke an important level for a new yearly high (1 day before merkel's & sarkozy's accord on greece).
Anyway thanks again for pointing it out.
Have a great weekend

baz Mar 26, 2010 8:45pm | Post# 5775

Hi baz,

Noted, thanks. But I don't use the weekly to gauge direction until the bar close tho. And, to top it off dx broke an important level for a new yearly high (1 day before merkel's & sarkozy's accord on greece).
Anyway thanks again for pointing it out.
Have a great weekend
i understand....but its a Level at which Caution was needed....ie Selling at Major SUPPORT...at present it HELD
BUT at end of day.....trading is all about RISK and MM....backed by analysis..
You take care....and i am sure ,you will be ready and FIRED up for next SUNDAY/MONDAY...

baz

wormboy Mar 26, 2010 9:10pm | Post# 5776

i understand....but its a Level at which Caution was needed....ie Selling at Major SUPPORT...at present it HELD
BUT at end of day.....trading is all about RISK and MM....backed by analysis..
You take care....and i am sure ,you will be ready and FIRED up for next SUNDAY/MONDAY...

baz
that's the thing baz, few days back I was buying at the support you mentioned. Take a look:
1. http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost...postcount=5605

Then dx broke to new high, I revert the position. Oh the irony!
Ah well, happens. Roll on next trade.
Cheers baz, have a good one!

Indeskey Mar 27, 2010 3:47am | Post# 5777

Hello WB,

I newbie at forex... still learn about this.

I have question, what is the meaning of "DX"?

Thanks

TheGabriel Mar 27, 2010 6:13am | Post# 5778

1 Attachment(s)
Sellers are defending 1.49000 barrier on cable, they can be seen in the chart below. I'm still in the buy at 1.48781 on Cable. The AUDUSD sell going well, also the EURGBP buy should tick higher.

Edit: corrected lol, is 1.49 not 1.35...
Cable came down a bit after the shorts then went up again.
The sells didn't have big impact so I think there's some strength on Euro zone and cable might go up to 1.5000 zone again.

I'm buying from 1.48781 and it looks like we have a double bottom in place and an indicator (QQE) wich is usually a strong arrow points up. Of course you cannot consider too much the indicators but the double bottom with good news for euro should help Cable imo.

I've left 3 trades over-week with my tp and sl.
Click to Enlarge

Name: cable.jpg
Size: 214 KB

baz Mar 27, 2010 10:15am | Post# 5779

that's the thing baz, few days back I was buying at the support you mentioned. Take a look:
1. http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost...postcount=5605

Then dx broke to new high, I revert the position. Oh the irony!
Ah well, happens. Roll on next trade.
Cheers baz, have a good one!
it happens to ALL of us.....i mean,the TIMING.....BUT we have to trade with a SL.....part and parcel of Trading...
i think ,there was a Cable trade you took,i dont quite remember when,i think around the begining of the week ??......that went against you quite a BIT,but eventually turned just around your SL level and went to make profit..

baz

nAVIN2007 Mar 27, 2010 11:07am | Post# 5780

1 Attachment(s)
it happens to ALL of us.....i mean,the TIMING.....BUT we have to trade with a SL.....part and parcel of Trading...
i think ,there was a Cable trade you took,i dont quite remember when,i think around the begining of the week ??......that went against you quite a BIT,but eventually turned just around your SL level and went to make profit..

baz
YUP im still in this one, looking for the monthly close to close above 1.50..then i will feel a lot more confident with the upward direction..waiting game right now for me..

thx god dailly gave a bullish signal..and weekly range last week is poor..it has a chance, even if monthly body is very small...hang tight folks..
Click to Enlarge

Name: trade.gif
Size: 27 KB

© Forex Factory