Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/11-trading-discussion)
-   -   Fundamental orTechnical (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/15580-fundamental-ortechnical)

zamiriqbal Feb 1, 2007 6:39am | Post# 1

Fundamental orTechnical

Dear Forex Members

I would like your opnions whether Fundamental or technical moves the market. I know couple of people who make consistent pips by trading only new report.

Also, can one trade succesfully on either 100% fundamental or 100% technicals??

Lets this be start of fruitful discussion...

bundyraider Feb 1, 2007 7:00am | Post# 2

I've voted both, but to be honest I'm heavily biased to TA.

It would take a hell of a lot more effort for me to trade fundamentally.

For the time being I have no intentions of spending hours analysing every report out there. :

Leugimp Feb 1, 2007 7:13am | Post# 3

I dont think that one can trade on TA alone, nor fundamentals alone, at least in the immediate short term. There are proponents to each and it is important to understand how their views can complement or contradict each other. What this view boils down to is order flow. What clues can TA and fundamental give you on order flow and how can each enhance setups contrived from the other to put a larger edge in your favor. There are times when a TA setup is valid but we know that news is coming up and price may take a spike in other direction. To enter on the original setup without adjusting for these other factors is just plain lazy and only takes pips away from your pockets - I'm not saying not to enter but at least take into consideration for it will greatly improve your risk to reward or may indicate that the particular setup, although valid, may not be worth the risk at this point in time. These considerations will give you a more complete view on true risk/reward as opposed to just historical risk/reward.

zamiriqbal Feb 1, 2007 8:50am | Post# 4

thanks

Thanks Leu

ghitz Feb 1, 2007 3:12pm | Post# 5

well, let me put it this way

1) economists spend 50% of their time trying to know and predict what will happen
2) they spend the rest 50% explaining why they missed the forecast

I am an economist, and honest, i trade price, i dont trade the news. i dont care about the news. if i trade on the 15 or 60 or even 240 min chart, dont care about fundamentals.

fundamentals only come into place when you see the weekly or monthly chart, and even then, you still need TA. One may be 100% right about fundamental analyisis, but if the market doesnt agree for the time being, your stop is going to be hit. that is a fact.

so, i would say.....TA97% fundamental 03%.

aparsai Feb 1, 2007 4:42pm | Post# 6

Dear Forex Members

I would like your opnions whether Fundamental or technical moves the market. I know couple of people who make consistent pips by trading only new report.

Also, can one trade succesfully on either 100% fundamental or 100% technicals??

Lets this be start of fruitful discussion...
I'm a technical trader but I also consider fundamentals from time to time. That's why I selected both.

melpheos Feb 1, 2007 4:49pm | Post# 7

fundamental is for medium/long position but i trade only in short time (max 48 hours ) so technical for me

faure Feb 2, 2007 6:14am | Post# 8

How about an option to vote neither?

melpheos Feb 2, 2007 5:05pm | Post# 9

How about an option to vote neither?
hu ? so you are just using luck ?

Fumafuma Feb 3, 2007 6:17am | Post# 10

Short-period(5minutes~1day)...Fundamental
Long-term (Buy and hold)........Technical

© Forex Factory